Clusters

Clusters

Hello, wasn't sure where to ask this question! has anyone tried to make a cluster on their network drive to cluster two or more local computers running Arks? i have one computer running the Ragnarok, and Valguero maps. And one computer running the extinction, and The island maps. I want to use a central cluster for them.

It has been done - google will probably find the forum posts for you.

You would need a shared folder for the cluster data, and a router with decent port-forwarding settings.  My Current VirginMedia (UK) router is ok for one physical server (with multiple maps) but couldn't handle multiple physical servers.

Life would be simpler for you if you had a single physical server - allow 1 CPU core (2t) per map and about 6 or 7 GB RAM per map.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:42 AM, Screwdrvr said:

I am on the Steam version of Ark. thank you Juggernaut, and Larkfields for your answers. I intend to eventually run several more Arks as I have a multitude of older computers at my disposal. I want to run Aberration, and Scorched earth alongside ragnarok, Extinction, The Island, and valguero that I currently ave running. So far I can "jump" between the Arks that are on the same computer only. I have only 16Gb on the most powerful system and 8Gb on each of the others. As these are older systems, memory upgrades are pretty much out of the question. (Sandy bridge, Ivy bridge) Just for the record, My router is a Linksys WRT1900AC

Why are you asking then in the xbox forum? There is a PC section for this and the wiki on server configuration explains how to cluster using steam. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, Juggernaut said:

Why are you asking then in the xbox forum? There is a PC section for this and the wiki on server configuration explains how to cluster using steam. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

juggernaut can i msg u directly somehow? or u msg me. Discord     Angel_Intrigue#1380

Archived