It was our turn. We been raided in PVE

arkark

5 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

I mean theres a certain distance only one can be placed next to eachother like x2 the max radius of the shield then u can place another shield

well even with just x2 radius distance from each other you would still be overlapping them alot once set to 10x, so you could protect a large portion of your base with that.  the 10x radius covers a surprisingly large area

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if it was mentioned, but i find shoving like a hundred velos into your base on aggressive works wonders. not just to kill the corrupted, i mean that works, but it often kills the raiders who are on birds as well because 100 velos packed tightly together swinging their tails tends to destroy frame rates.

46 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

not sure if it was mentioned, but i find shoving like a hundred velos into your base on aggressive works wonders. not just to kill the corrupted, i mean that works, but it often kills the raiders who are on birds as well because 100 velos packed tightly together swinging their tails tends to destroy frame rates.

this good idea. i second this. especialy if their PC is terrible as is. if you lucky u could make them crash.

9 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

great solution for PvP and raiders but the topic is about being raided in PvE, the velon would take care of the currupted but not the pesky people who caused the problem.

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

great solution for PvP and raiders but the topic is about being raided in PvE, the velon would take care of the currupted but not the pesky people who caused the problem.

That's fine though. You can ignore players in PvE. You just need a solution to deal with the corrupted until WC can implement an additional solution (I'm thinking 3x turret damage to corrupted in "safe zones".) Velo's fit that bill. 

WC wanted to add more environmental threats for PvE players in Extinction and they did. They just, once again, underestimated the impacts trolls have. 

They added some tools to deal with corrupted (Velo's, Enforcers) but it's a little short on what's needed.

So if they increase turret damage (even if they just make it tek turret damage) in sanctuary and biomes towards corrupted and disable wild dino teleportation, it evens it out a bit. People would still need to implement proper defenses but it would make the trolls job much more difficult.

Yes lol yesterday I helped defend a base a friend was being attacked the enemy tribe lures 1 corrupt ptera broke a single pillared next to his base then placed a single pillar totem high enough to place a teleporter above his base then places a beh gate and Dino gates around it then logged out 5 min later the alt tribe comes and started raining  corrupt  giga and assorted  dinosaur  down on his base lol. He mesh me I then left tribe made alliance gated off where he was dropping  the corrupt  Dino and I left tribe giving him 2 weeks of protection. I almost had the guy too he dc I was dragging  him to a pve prison I made incase of this situation. I was soon ready to keep this guy's character  forever...legacy ofc..... 

5 hours ago, caleb68 said:

i play pve and this is how i deal with it. i pack enough velonosaurs into my base to ensure that if they are agitated it will crash anyone who isn't running a state of the art pc, and even then it will kill their frame rates.  when the velonosaurs all start flinging spines everywhere they tend to stick them in eachother too which doesn't really cause damage but the client has to draw in every single spine.  I personally don't know anyone who can suffer that many spines on their screen and still be able to move swiftly enough to avoid the corrupted they are leading.  i have successfully deflected 4 seperate attempts that i am aware of with this exact strategy.

works really well in pvp too but not as good as pve :D

18 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Lol and might crash the client or even server with too many projectiles in air. ?

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

That's fine though. You can ignore players in PvE. You just need a solution to deal with the corrupted until WC can implement an additional solution (I'm thinking 3x turret damage to corrupted in "safe zones".) Velo's fit that bill. 

WC wanted to add more environmental threats for PvE players in Extinction and they did. They just, once again, underestimated the impacts trolls have. 

They added some tools to deal with corrupted (Velo's, Enforcers) but it's a little short on what's needed.

So if they increase turret damage (even if they just make it tek turret damage) in sanctuary and biomes towards corrupted and disable wild dino teleportation, it evens it out a bit. People would still need to implement proper defenses but it would make the trolls job much more difficult.

Problem with that is that it might whack the pvp balance out of hand if they do ncrease turret damage. And as WC refuses to have different values on PVE and PVP we know where that will sadly end up...

3 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Problem with that is that it might whack the pvp balance out of hand if they do ncrease turret damage. And as WC refuses to have different values on PVE and PVP we know where that will sadly end up...

If it's only to corrupted I don't see how it would.

PvP would use the same defenses they currently use against corrupted which isn't often turrets. If it is turrets, it just increases the defense a bit but only against corrupted so not a big change.

Just now, yekrucifixion187 said:

If it's only to corrupted I don't see how it would.

PvP would use the same defenses they currently use against corrupted which isn't often turrets. If it is turrets, it just increases the defense a bit but only against corrupted so not a big change.

Yeah, if they can add damage modifer to turrets only affecting corrupted it might work.

I was just reading this. We were building a small extinction base. We had to use thatch for roof. I didn't get back in time before the roof decayed in the meantime, a base near decided they needed to prevent us from finishing roof and put a pillar up.  We left it. I came back to render base and the cryo fridges were empty. We had a lot of pods from a drop and some dinos. They weren't our best but still frustrating. I don't know if someone  unlocked and didn't realize, which is easy to do or not. Either way they were gone.

People also use teleporters to raid others on ext. and every time I write about it here the mods move it to the dead ext. section in the forum were no one sees it.

A new Chinese tribe on our server started teleporting corrupted gigas to every base that was near an open teleporter by building a teleporter in the giga area. 

It's nearly impossible to report someone for this because you need video evidence of them actively pulling corrupted dinos into your base.

They do it very professional and use second tribes for their teleporters with an open tek gen but nothing will happen to them unless you have the video evidence. (them looting or standing near watching is NOT enough)

Teleporting Wild/Corrupted dinos needs to be disabled, also corrupted dinos entering the ''save'' areas like the city, forest, desert and snow should either not be able to enter them at all, instakill them or despawn them.

Archived