It was our turn. We been raided in PVE

arkark

This is a post just call attention of the people that can make possible changes on the game @Cedric @Chris 

Only 15 minutes afk have been enough for the guys that raided me to destroy all the front side of my extinction base. If you see the log, there are a lot of structures broken by different types of corrupted creatures. We are not on the ground, to reach our base they had to make corrupted dinos go through a ramp with a turn so they know well what they were doing.

What they stole: about 500 bp's of high quality, the work of a full year of OSD farming, a lot of ascendant stuff and a lot of element along with other mats in large quantities stored in dedicated storage.

Luckily I was back while they were finishing the last vaults and they were not able to touch our cryo fridges.

To reach to our core they had to make the corrupted dinos break 1 tek behemoth, 1 layer of metal walls, 1 layer of tek walls. And they did very fast and efficient.

They lost at least one dino while doing this. Its clear that leading the corrupted dinos to their desidered targets would cause their dinos to get severely hit. And I was able to take a picture of the bag that their dino left. This, however, is not enough for enforcement team to take actions.
As an entusiast of ARK I know very well that there are tools that I can use to inspect a server save, and correlate the name of that dead dino with the steam acccounts of the ppl that did this. Sadly, this wont be valid as evidence.

I know Im not gonna recover all the work of almost a year, Im not gonna ask for it. I would like that the people that did this have some kind of punishment. I perfectly know that they did this with secondary accounts and even being detected they wont suffer a lot, they do this for profit, they sell the bps and the cryopods in markets for real money, its like their job.

But I think something have to change. Im not the first victim of this ppl, they abuse the system regarding the ability of corrupted dinos to break any kind of structure and they grief with no consecuences. They are doing this because YOU ark devs are allowing them to do this. The solution is very easy, dont allow the corrupts to break structures out of wasteland, or at all, but please dont allow more people to be victim of this griefing mechanic.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, arkark said:

This is a post just call attention of the people that can make possible changes on the game @Cedric @Chris 

Only 15 minutes afk have been enough for the guys that raided me to destroy all the front side of my extinction base. If you see the log, there are a lot of structures broken by different types of corrupted creatures. We are not on the ground, to reach our base they had to make corrupted dinos go through a ramp with a turn so they know well what they were doing.

What they stole: about 500 bp's of high quality, the work of a full year of OSD farming, a lot of ascendant stuff and a lot of element along with other mats in large quantities stored in dedicated storage.

Luckily I was back while they were finishing the last vaults and they were not able to touch our cryo fridges.

To reach to our core they had to make the corrupted dinos break 1 tek behemoth, 1 layer of metal walls, 1 layer of tek walls. And they did very fast and efficient.

They lost at least one dino while doing this. Its clear that leading the corrupted dinos to their desidered targets would cause their dinos to get severely hit. And I was able to take a picture of the bag that their dino left. This, however, is not enough for enforcement team to take actions.
As an entusiast of ARK I know very well that there are tools that I can use to inspect a server save, and correlate the name of that dead dino with the steam acccounts of the ppl that did this. Sadly, this wont be valid as evidence.

I know Im not gonna recover all the work of almost a year, Im not gonna ask for it. I would like that the people that did this have some kind of punishment. I perfectly know that they did this with secondary accounts and even being detected they wont suffer a lot, they do this for profit, they sell the bps and the cryopods in markets for real money, its like their job.

But I think something have to change. Im not the first victim of this ppl, they abuse the system regarding the ability of corrupted dinos to break any kind of structure and they grief with no consecuences. They are doing this because YOU ark devs are allowing them to do this. The solution is very easy, dont allow the corrupts to break structures out of wasteland, or at all, but please dont allow more people to be victim of this griefing mechanic.

That is terrible.  Sorry for the loss, to drive the point home I'd still submit a ticket.  The paper trail on this needs to be as heavy as you can make it.

12 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Sorry to hear but for all others learn from this and put up turrets and internals as well 

Turrets are inefficient by design against corrupted creatures (they do reduced damage against them), much more agains a swarm of them. Plantx can take down corrupted wyvs but you require significant number of plants to fast kill a single one. If you are getting griefed they dont come with just one.

Like 2 months ago we was "Raided" on the same Ext Server like  Arkark is too. This Guys focus on cryopods and raided like 5 Tribes on our Server, demo the Cryofriges and stolen the Dinos.

I was thought about to do ORP Gates around our Base too but idk if its against rules or not tbh. Dont want to Risk a Dev-Wipe because of such Stuff.
I playing Ark since June 2015 and its a awesome Game, i love it. But honestly WC was always disapointing in such Stuff like Support or do Action against Griefer

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Gafgarion said:

I was thought about to do ORP Gates around our Base too but idk if its against rules or not tbh. Dont want to Risk a Dev-Wipe because of such Stuff.

As long as it doesn't prevent others from playing, I think this should be safe to assume nobody would care. However, rather than managing alt tribes, etc. perhaps just basing yourself on a different map keeping the bare minimum you need on Extinction would be preferable. I mean, gates might help, but I know for a fact some of these trolls are very creative and would go as far as building a mobile ramping network just to drop dinos above your orp walls.

Two neighborhoods:  one is protected by a large team of cops.  It seems safe because of all the laws, but you still get robbed and it takes the cops forever to show up and you rarely get your stuff back anyway, you just fill out a lot of paperwork.  If you catch the robber in the act, you're supposed to only take pictures for the cops.

Second neighborhood:  No real rules, no cops, just one cranky sheriff who may or may not be awake at any given time.  Doesn't matter much though, because most folks don't call him for anything anyway.  They just shoot the robber in the face, loot the body for whatever they can use and call it a day.

I know where I want to live.

Soon enough these trolls are going to bring capped servers back. 

I'd suggest neutral Giga's and turret mode Velo's. You can place dino leashes inside right next to the wall, so the perimeter extends past, so that the Giga's aren't kited off. 

Tek turrets aren't too bad against corrupted either. 

Maybe even a couple neutral enforcers. They are soft but with everything else helping and 4x damage it may be enough to cover you for the 15 minutes it takes for ORP to kick in. 

Or really teach a lesson and make 10 turret towers with 20 velo's each. They won't be able to get close to the base. An exercise in futility. 

No map you paid for should be off limited because of trolls. WC needs to solve it and stop putting the buck on their customers. What other business/company does that?

"We need x,y,z coords. You have to go into single player, go to the place you had the issue, and type this command to get them." Really? I thought my part of the transaction was complete. I gave you money so I could play a game. I didn't know you hired me to troubleshoot for you. 

Ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

WC needs to solve it and stop putting the buck on their customers. What other business/company does that?

"We need x,y,z coords. You have to go into single player, go to the place you had the issue, and type this command to get them." Really? I thought my part of the transaction was complete. I gave you money so I could play a game. I didn't know you hired me to troubleshoot for you. 

Ridiculous.

It may seem ridiculous from a consumer's standpoint, but it's standard operating procedure for business.  You simply can't run around taking action based on customer's anecdotal evidence, and those same customers don't want to pay the increased costs to fund the kind of support they're so fond of demanding.

3 minutes ago, SMP said:

It may seem ridiculous from a consumer's standpoint, but it's standard operating procedure for business.  You simply can't run around taking action based on customer's anecdotal evidence, and those same customers don't want to pay the increased costs to fund the kind of support they're so fond of demanding.

I'm not talking about submitting bug reports. That's fine. That is standard but WC asks for extraordinary measures. 

If they want x,y,x coords then they need to put them as a display option on your HUD. You shouldn't have to load up a separate game mode and then enter a command. The GPS coords should suffice. 

If they want video/ss evidence then they should have that able to be submitted through the game. I shouldn't have to upload it to YouTube or another 3rd party site and then link it in. 

As a console player it is particularly annoying. I can send issues directly through my PS4 to Sony, for AC:Odyssey I can do the same, it should be an option for Ark. 

Even if you go to those lengths, which I have on several occasions, the lack of action/response is extremely disappointing. 

I don't submit many bug/flaw/quality reports through my years in any aspect of life but it is a rarity I get no kind of response when I do, except from this company. That's very irritating.

it Wouldn’t be impossible for them to make an item in game that would allow us to save a recorded mapping of what’s going on around you including all the player Dino information as well as their movements into a scene that could be played back with the game engine.  It would take way less cpu resources to do that then have to start a video stream or recording.  And it could include info a simple video couldn’t include beyond just line of sight details.

3 hours ago, johnm81 said:

L2 Turret Cap.

Turrets are very good at shredding dinos so are velos.

In extinction the turrets do too few damage to corrupteds, like 10 points of damage per shot. The plantx do 25 damage per shot. This was done to make them inneficient when doing OSD's.

Still I had turrets in place at the entrance and they were destroyed like paper.

vWr9L6mgzo1RwQIxasZ5uxVzF?token=eyJhbGci

See the ruins of our base. The yellow line is the path they drove the corrupted dinos.

The red arrow is the place where I found a dead dino bag. I believe this is a perfect evidence to catch the steam accounts of the tribe who do this. However that picture with the bag with dino name is being rejected by enforcement, they dont consider this an evidence, which is sad because who else would be getting a dino killed deep inside of my base if not they...

It sucks but from their point of view playing pve extinction makes you a soft target. People like that don't want a fight they want an easy raid. They don't have to work as hard because kiting corrupteds are much easier than real pvp on a real pvp server. Im sorry this happened to you but Ark is like a study in human nature including less savory traits like greed. If you leave yourself open to exploitation then people will come exploit it. Sad but true. Treat every situation like your gunna get wrecked. Build your base with solid defenses even if you thik you wont need them. You make it too much work for them and they will find another softer target.

7 hours ago, LadyoftheWoods said:

It sucks but from their point of view playing pve extinction makes you a soft target. People like that don't want a fight they want an easy raid. They don't have to work as hard because kiting corrupteds are much easier than real pvp on a real pvp server. Im sorry this happened to you but Ark is like a study in human nature including less savory traits like greed. If you leave yourself open to exploitation then people will come exploit it. Sad but true. Treat every situation like your gunna get wrecked. Build your base with solid defenses even if you thik you wont need them. You make it too much work for them and they will find another softer target.

Very well spoken...I agree 100% from playing alpha/beta u learned how other players are a major threat dropping  gigas\wiping ur base with a dung beetle....picking up alphas and dropping then in bases ppl are cruel and if this was a irl situation.  it wouldn't be this soft that is is now on the game in reality. ... even in pve you have enemy players .Dino names are red\ parasuar detects a enemy can't place to close to enemy foundation  these are the hints...build as if everyone wants to destroy  ur base.

This happened to Official Legacy Server 919 about a month ago. From what I’ve heard from neighbors that had been hit, the culprits were one of those tribes with boxes for their names. Our neighbors stated that they had been jumping server to server using the corrupted dinos to destroy bases in the sanctuary. 

11 hours ago, arkark said:

In extinction the turrets do too few damage to corrupteds, like 10 points of damage per shot. The plantx do 25 damage per shot. This was done to make them inneficient when doing OSD's.

Still I had turrets in place at the entrance and they were destroyed like paper.

If you do put down turrets as if you were on a pvp server then you will reck them. I guess I’m saying don’t build like a pve player. I’ve seen pve bases and you guys tend to have a turret density that’s a joke.

Dont forget to upgrade to heavy autos and use tek turrets as well.

And don’t forget your velos!!

14 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

If you do put down turrets as if you were on a pvp server then you will reck them. I guess I’m saying don’t build like a pve player. I’ve seen pve bases and you guys tend to have a turret density that’s a joke.

Dont forget to upgrade to heavy autos and use tek turrets as well.

And don’t forget your velos!!

Defenses only help by a bit depending on how many corrupted dinos they lured...this is a sausage move by them none-the-less and should be rewarded with at least a temp ban

Archived