unison

Suggestion

F key should open inventory when not on dinosaur

We can all get behind this one! (those of us on the PC version or those on console that use a keyboard)

The F-Key should open the Inventory (I key menu) when the player is off of the Dino and not facing it... seems like a logical thing to do when I find myself instinctively reaching for and pressing the f key to open the inventory to have it do nothing!

Don't know about you but I find it quite frustrating especially when being attacked and you need to make a quick change!

Vote this up if you agree and lets make a lasting change that will help to make this game that much more playable ?

Have a great day all ?

2 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, unison said:

We can all get behind this one!

Nope, not me. Having distinct keys to perform different action is so much better in my opinion. If I want to open my inventory, I press i. If I want to open my target's inventory, I press f. It is currently pretty straight-forward. Shared keys are an annoyance more than anything else. Just take the Tek Helmet as an example; you will always ends cycling through the view while attempting to do something else with your e key, etc. Sorry but nope, I'm against this suggestion.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

Nope, not me. Having distinct keys to perform different action is so much better in my opinion. If I want to open my inventory, I press i. If I want to open my target's inventory, I press f. It is currently pretty straight-forward. Shared keys are an annoyance more than anything else. Just take the Tek Helmet as an example; you will always ends cycling through the view while attempting to do something else with your e key, etc. Sorry but nope, I'm against this suggestion.

I'm not saying to remove the distinct keys just have the f-key be dynamic, being a coder myself I know its possible to have the best of both worlds...

Archived