Pc Bug OR Pc Abuse?

Plum28

Pc Bug OR Pc Abuse?

So I have a bit of a strange one, 

I had a kangroo Baby ( Procoptodon) I was raising it was sitting in the the pouch of the Mom. A tribe mate needed help so i went out of the base I was not 5 Min out when we got notifications that Level 20 Wild Corrupted Giga killed it ( tribe log also shows the same). 

We first thought someone teleported the giga via our teleporter,but: 

1. It was in the pouch of the mommy Kangroo and she was still alive

2. All our dino's was untouched not one of them moved a inch

3. all our babies are on the second floor in the middle of the base and I had few other babies out

I also flew around to check if we could find any sign of a giga as we live in the sunken forest on a cliff. 

So I am not sure if it was a bug or someone really teleported corrupted on us. 

Has this happened to someone as well? 

29 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

Pc Bug OR Pc Abuse?

So I have a bit of a strange one, 

I had a kangroo Baby ( Procoptodon) I was raising it was sitting in the the pouch of the Mom. A tribe mate needed help so i went out of the base I was not 5 Min out when we got notifications that Level 20 Wild Corrupted Giga killed it ( tribe log also shows the same). 

We first thought someone teleported the giga via our teleporter,but: 

1. It was in the pouch of the mommy Kangroo and she was still alive

2. All our dino's was untouched not one of them moved a inch

3. all our babies are on the second floor in the middle of the base and I had few other babies out

I also flew around to check if we could find any sign of a giga as we live in the sunken forest on a cliff. 

So I am not sure if it was a bug or someone really teleported corrupted on us. 

Has this happened to someone as well? 

Extremely weird things happen to pouched baby dinos.  Most commonly is the pouch-teleport bug (sorry Plum, don't have a better name for it), which makes them glitch out of the pouch and teleport to the "default" spawnpoint on the map.  On some maps, that point is 50/50, like Ragnarok and Valguero.  Other maps seem to have a different set of mesh-teleport coordinates.  This most commonly happens when servers restart and you have a baby in a Roo pouch, but it has happened to me before with a baby Baryonyx (fish-eater, was easier to babysit in pouch and feed it less) and the server did not go down, I just de-rendered it to go get more fish meat for a few minutes.  Came back, baby Baryonyx is vanished.  Showed up about an hour later on tribelog as starved to death.

If you did not see any structure panel damage to anything, and -NOTHING- else was killed, then I would guess with about 95% certainty that you got the pouch-teleport bug.  You de-rendered, the Roolet was teleported to 50/50, and it roamed around until eaten.  I would say, maybe even better than 95% chance that happened, because what is the actual chance that a Corrupted Giga came in your base, took a single chomp that killed the baby, and then despawned without dealing damage to any structure panels or other dinos.

I think your Roolet got teleported.

Whenever I leave render , my babies fall out of hte pouches onto the ground.  I haven't had one teleport to 50/50 yet, but I try and avoid leaving render when they are young even in a pouch.  If I leave, I pull them out and put them back in after.  If htey can manage on their own, I only put back to do imprints then pull back out.

ALso my base is raised up on pillars, no foundations.  They usually end up under the floor.  Not sure if there's a different reaction if your base is situated on foundations instead.

I haven't tried it yet, but there's a possibility crop plots underneath could stop it.  It works for eggs.

Archived