HELP! ALL MY CRYOPODS DIED!

I play on a few different official servers, we check them every week at the very least, reset timers, feed everything, etc. Last time I was on my abb server, I noticed that I would need to get more element for our tek gen over x2. Now it's the weekend and I logged back into my abb server, my tek gen has run out of element, not really that big of a deal with spoil times being forever.. but I checked my cryofridges and EVERY single one was dead!! Cryopods last for 30 days in a player's inventory. Other storage things (i.e. fridges) revert spoil times to that of a player's inventory when unpowered. So, why is it that a cryofridge that has been unpowered (for at most 2 days) spoils every single cryopod stored within it???? 

I know for a fact that every pod was fully charged before the tek gen lost power... so they should have lasted 30 days without power, right?

And I know that we weren't insided or anything like that, because our tribe is just my fiance and I.

Someone from wildcard, please please help me... those cryo pods held all of the dinos we've tamed and raised since Aberration  day 1, we only had a few dinos out of pods in our base..

23 minutes ago, Ivys said:

I play on a few different official servers, we check them every week at the very least, reset timers, feed everything, etc. Last time I was on my abb server, I noticed that I would need to get more element for our tek gen over x2. Now it's the weekend and I logged back into my abb server, my tek gen has run out of element, not really that big of a deal with spoil times being forever.. but I checked my cryofridges and EVERY single one was dead!! Cryopods last for 30 days in a player's inventory. Other storage things (i.e. fridges) revert spoil times to that of a player's inventory when unpowered. So, why is it that a cryofridge that has been unpowered (for at most 2 days) spoils every single cryopod stored within it???? 

I know for a fact that every pod was fully charged before the tek gen lost power... so they should have lasted 30 days without power, right?

And I know that we weren't insided or anything like that, because our tribe is just my fiance and I.

Someone from wildcard, please please help me... those cryo pods held all of the dinos we've tamed and raised since Aberration  day 1, we only had a few dinos out of pods in our base..

Cryopods have a weird decay situation when the power runs out.  It is as if when they charge to full capacity, they begin discharging charge capacity, to the point that if the power is taken away and they have been charging for 31 days they appear dead.  I don't really know how it works, but I caught a fridge full of pods when the power went out that all had 5 hours left.

I don't know how to stop this, and I don't truly know the cause of this rapid-decay at poweroff.  I'm just sharing my experience.  Sorry you lost your dinos, I hope you can submit a ticket and get some of the dinos back.

At the top bar of this site that says "Home Forums Contest ARK Mobile Activity Modding ARK Merch Support Tribes," mouse-over "Support."  Click on "Help" and then look for the button on the right-side of the Help page that is gray, and says "Submit a Request."  Submit a detailed ticket about the incident, with screenshots of your tribelog.  This will be your best bet to get any compensation for your loss.

Sorry again.  That sucks.

i found some infos in internet:

If anyone opened the fridge while the power was off it killed the pods.

The "bug" occurs when cryofridges are opened, the game checks for power and for the last time you opened the fridge. If there is no power and you haven't opened the fridge in the last 30 days (if the pods were full) they will be reset to zero. Even if the fridge only lost power yesterday or before you opened it.

If you maintain power fridges should have no issues with not being opened at all for months, it's only when power is lost it seems to be a thing.

Keep cryofridges powered all the time, but make it a rule to never open an unpowered cryofridge and it should be fine.

make a rule to never open an unpowered cryofridge

Edited by reStyle

On 10/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, Ivys said:

I believe when they released the fridges/pods there was a warning saying if unpowered you will lose whatever is in there... it’s always been a rule of thumb not to open any unpowered fridges... sorry for your losses :( 

21 minutes ago, Amanda632 said:

I believe when they released the fridges/pods there was a warning saying if unpowered you will lose whatever is in there... it’s always been a rule of thumb not to open any unpowered fridges... sorry for your losses :( 

It depend. You can open an unpowered fridge, if you know for sure the elapsed time from when you do so and when they were last opened is lower than the remaining charge of your pods. But you are correct; the powered status is only important when you open them and this is caused by how the spoiling mechanic is implemented/optimized behind the scenes. I explained the details in the following thread:

On 10/14/2019 at 12:17 AM, TheDonn said:

On 10/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, reStyle said:

On 10/17/2019 at 12:36 PM, Amanda632 said:

On 10/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, invincibleqc said:

Thank you all for your replies. I had never heard about the "rule" of not opening unpowered fridges. Unfortunately, I had to learn this the hard way, but I appreciate all of you for responding to my cry for help. On the plus side, at least its x2 for halloween (until november 8th!!) and ExtraLife is coming up soon as well, so the recovery from this is not so grindy 😃