Question about boss rexes

WhiteCast

Hello!

I have been preparing to start breeding boss rexes from the start.
When you get to the point that have decent HP, stamina and melee stats, what should you have with the unimportant stats like oxygen, speed and weight? 

Should you aim as low points as possible for those unimportant stats so you won't reach the 450 lvl cap as fast?

basically you zero out oxy and run speed as they are completely useless.  Your next stats to peel away from is food and weight.  I personally like to keep as much weight as possible because that's what makes raising them easier.  I'd sacrifice food points before weight points on a 3 to 2 ratio. OH and stamina, any points spent on stamina is really worth more than points inherited in stamina.  I'd rather 2 more points in melee and just spend 2 points on the stamina later on as i'd get more bang for my buck there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, WhiteCast said:

Hello!

I have been preparing to start breeding boss rexes from the start.
When you get to the point that have decent HP, stamina and melee stats, what should you have with the unimportant stats like oxygen, speed and weight? 

Should you aim as low points as possible for those unimportant stats so you won't reach the 450 lvl cap as fast?

450 is very hard to reach, I'm not even sure how it would be possible considering how long mutation stacking would take on official xD.
On my dedicated server with boosted breeding the highest my mutated dinos level got was  like, between 350-390 iirc. And that's including the 73 domestic levels. And that still took forever to do :').
I would definitely argue that so long as the melee and health stats are good don't worry about any of the others, even stamina. Stamina doesn't drain when the dino isn't being ridden, and you'll want to be on a Yuti anyway if you want the best possible odds for defeating the bosses.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Luewen said:

If you want to be even more thorough getting stats low i would tame some lvl 5 rexes and breed them to lvl 3 or 4 with 0 points on speed and oxy. Then breed those stats to your main line.

That's an actually really interesting idea, I never considered doing that before. If I ever wanted to brave it and try and breed the ultimate rex army I might have to try this advice myself; see just how stupid you can get with them xD

Archived