best mutation

Fulton

2 hours ago, Fulton said:

best mutation

Iv'e been wandering what is truly possible with mutations both stats and color. I have been looking around and have found nothing. i'd love to see what everybody has done.

I'm not going to say this is 'the best' mutation, but its one Giga mutation I quite liked. Lime green full body color mutation + Melee Damage mutation.

ThreeAmigos.jpg

16 hours ago, Fulton said:

the thing that makes this one great is that you took the time to breed for mutations

It's still a bit of challenge to breed Gigas on your own, but I play on a private server with somewhat boosted settings, so nothing like the challenge of breeding Gigas on the official servers. That particular mutation was a bit of a fluke as I got when I first started trying. The odds of nice color mutation on top of Melee Damage mutation (which is the only stat mutation worth getting for a Giga) is quite low. 

I still have do it all on my own, taming, breeding, etc. Gigas on any server are still a hell of a lot of work. 

It all depends on what you want out of the animal. The problem with breeding for stats and colors is that every stat mutation is also a color mutation (though not always visible), so during the breeding process your best bet is to hold aside the colors you want in the final animal and breed them back in after you get the stats you want. The problem there is that most stat breeding projects are more or less indefinite depending on your goals, at least until you start hitting the server/game hard limits.

I will say with mutation stacking done properly, it's much more common to preserve natural animal colors, so picking a combination of colors you like and breeding them into the base line is very feasible.

Archived