boss dossiers Major Issue with Boss Dossiers (Has existed for months)

NeddyTheNoodle

On 11/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, faleecha said:

Im having the same issue. Cant find my server after shutting it down to change some things and went back and its just gone. Says its running but nothing I do can find it.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:21 AM, Leicap said:

I'm having this problem right now although i was on my server ! when i came off it and was editing the codes etc through expert an general, an went to go back onit and no sign of my server so i went back to my phone an nitrado and my dailey messaged change on my nitrado settings and all what i had bin putting in me game ini had gone an i cannot find my server still! , i have no idea DILO is going on but 100 %cannot find my server now lol

On 10/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Major Issue with Boss Dossiers (Has existed for months)

Hello there.

Let me make this brief,

The bug involves an inability for survivors to unlock the boss dossier / notes. If you kill a boss on any official server, unofficial server, or singleplayer world, that is at least a week old, you will not get the dossier. This is a pretty serious bug for those of us who are completionists such as myself.

If you'd like more people to hear about this, please up vote it, and if you don't believe me, feel free to try it yourself. The strange thing is that it works fine if you beat the boss right at the beginning of a server, for example if you admin cheat into a boss arena right at the start of a world and kill the boss. This bug ONLY affects servers that are atleast a week old, which includes all official servers of course.

Here is the evidence of my character not having the dossiers.

Seeing as bug reports never work, I really hope this gets addressed.

All you have to do to reproduce the bug is to go on any official server, kill a boss, and realize that you do not receive the dossier.

Keep in mind, if you already have the dossiers from beating bosses before, it's likely that you did it before the bug came about. This bug only made it so players who attempt bosses from here on out cannot get the dossiers. It hasn't been around forever.

2.JPG

EDIT: January 16 / 2020

So another player ended up testing this further and noticed that you only get the boss dossiers if you're an admin in the server. I haven't personally tested it myself, but it would be totally consistent with what I experienced, since I only ever got the dossiers when I enablecheats and cheated into the arena. What this basically means is that it is impossible to acquire the boss dossiers unless you are an admin on the server you killed the boss on, which is obviously impossible on officials or unofficials that you can't be given access on.

I am the admin of my server, and have done the boss fights a few times and still haven’t received the boss dossiers. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LunaSonic said:

I am the admin of my server, and have done the boss fights a few times and still haven’t received the boss dossiers. 

Are you logged in as admin, i.e. have you entered enablecheats <your admin password> into the console? Other people will see a star next to your name if you're logged in as admin.

• 2 months later...

I’ve done the boss fights a few times, and still no boss dossiers for any of them. My partner and I made a server a few months ago, and did the boss fights within a week of the server up and running. We did restart the server a few times to fix settings, events and what not. We put so much time and effort into this game. He has previously played and has the dossiers but I for life of me can’t get them. We stopped playing, but here we are again being drawn back to ARK, I’m a bit OCD on these things too. I really hope they fix this bug, it clearly is effecting a lot of people. 

Edit: I just want to know how many people actually own the game? Bc my partner game shares with me on Xbox, maybe this has some reason as to why some of us can’t actually get the dossiers? 

5 hours ago, LunaSonic said:

I’ve done the boss fights a few times, and still no boss dossiers for any of them. My partner and I made a server a few months ago, and did the boss fights within a week of the server up and running. We did restart the server a few times to fix settings, events and what not. We put so much time and effort into this game. He has previously played and has the dossiers but I for life of me can’t get them. We stopped playing, but here we are again being drawn back to ARK, I’m a bit OCD on these things too. I really hope they fix this bug, it clearly is effecting a lot of people. 

Edit: I just want to know how many people actually own the game? Bc my partner game shares with me on Xbox, maybe this has some reason as to why some of us can’t actually get the dossiers? 

Again: have you entered the cheat as I asked?

On 1/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, Zahlea said:

Are you logged in as admin, i.e. have you entered enablecheats <your admin password> into the console? Other people will see a star next to your name if you're logged in as admin.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

People should not have to cheat in a game because the developer is too lazy to fix issues with the game!

Where did I say that? The person is complaining about not being able to do something. I'm trying to help... I'm not a developer, I can't make the code work. However, I am interested in verifying if this works. Because the more information we can dig up about the problem, the easier it's going to be for the developers to fix it = more likely.

How is just complaining and not trying anything helping? How is what you're doing helping anything? ;) 

• 2 months later...

I have used the command Enablecheats on our server and proceeded to kill the boss, not only have i not unlocked the dossier their still ??? To me while my friend who was with me has all of the  unlocked, I know he didnt get the last hit because on the brood mother fight he was knocked unconscious. On top of that the giveallexplorersnote command ONLY unlocks dino dossiers, not regular helena, Rockwell, mein, nirva or boss dossiers 

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

If you are an admin you will guaranteed get the dossier. If you are not an admin, you will NOT receive the dossier. This also applies to the HLN-A Genesis voice acted "Glitch" log notes.

i tried to do the dragon on single player after not getting the dossier on my server and i did not get the dossier.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived