boss dossiers Major Issue with Boss Dossiers (Has existed for months)

NeddyTheNoodle

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not having any issues with boss dossiers (couple of my characters finished the titans last week and the dossier was unlocked but i did unlock those dossiers for other characters before so maybe that is why it works for me.

my broken dossiers are the Scout and Mega MEK. unlocked both with all characters, made both with all characters yet neither dossier is ticked off to reflect that :(

cross-reference: 

7 hours ago, Hominin said:

not having any issues with boss dossiers (couple of my characters finished the titans last week and the dossier was unlocked but i did unlock those dossiers for other characters before so maybe that is why it works for me.

my broken dossiers are the Scout and Mega MEK. unlocked both with all characters, made both with all characters yet neither dossier is ticked off to reflect that :(

cross-reference: 

Hey,

I'm curious to know more about your situation so I can learn more about the bug.

Are you on singleplayer, official, or unofficial?

How long has your server existed?

At what point did you kill the bosses, like how long ago?

And then regarding your specific bug, are you sure that you have to craft the mek / scout dossiers to get them, or do you just find them? Sorry, I haven't personally looked into those specific notes.

Thanks! :D

okay i looked at all my characters, single player/multiplayer and have found that some have the padlocks and some don't, however sense they have all been unlocked on one character, all my characters both single/multiplayer can access the ones that have padlocks on them and see the dossier for it. 

So im wondering if the padlock just means you've already unlocked it on another character and the data for that is stored in the ark profile on your machine? one would think that if you hadn't found one of the dossiers it would still show the ??? (like the HLNA ones did before i got them). 

Speaking of the HLNA ones, I did those (all 5) on one character and only 3 show in the list under HLNA, but same case with them, show the little padlock on the characters I haven't gotten it on.  Now I know i've overwritten at least 4 characters (2 on official, 2 on unofficial) who had collected dossiers, and my main had to be redone as it got wiped by that great patch sna-fu awhile back, and i had found the explorer notes on all of them as well and may of still been counted in the list.

hope that helps figure out whats going on besides the info I gave the op via private message.

3 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Hey,

I'm curious to know more about your situation so I can learn more about the bug.

Are you on singleplayer, official, or unofficial?

How long has your server existed?

At what point did you kill the bosses, like how long ago?

And then regarding your specific bug, are you sure that you have to craft the mek / scout dossiers to get them, or do you just find them? Sorry, I haven't personally looked into those specific notes.

Thanks! :D

own server, nearly a year old, killed one today. more details on other thread.

with the scout,mek,enforcer and mega mek, they're supposed to count as tamed when you make one... that is how it worked for the enforcer and standard mek anyway and they're all in the same group. you can additionally kill one, collect its blueprint and build from that for better ones.... tried that as well without luck with the scout :/

39 minutes ago, Hominin said:

you can additionally kill one, collect its blueprint and build from that for better ones.... tried that as well without luck with the scout :/

I got a bunch of scout bp's the other day, mostly low levels was trying to get some higher ones killing the blue & green scouts.  I play on official though.  Do you have any mods installed on your server?

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

okay i looked at all my characters, single player/multiplayer and have found that some have the padlocks and some don't, however sense they have all been unlocked on one character, all my characters both single/multiplayer can access the ones that have padlocks on them and see the dossier for it. 

So im wondering if the padlock just means you've already unlocked it on another character and the data for that is stored in the ark profile on your machine? one would think that if you hadn't found one of the dossiers it would still show the ??? (like the HLNA ones did before i got them). 

Speaking of the HLNA ones, I did those (all 5) on one character and only 3 show in the list under HLNA, but same case with them, show the little padlock on the characters I haven't gotten it on.  Now I know i've overwritten at least 4 characters (2 on official, 2 on unofficial) who had collected dossiers, and my main had to be redone as it got wiped by that great patch sna-fu awhile back, and i had found the explorer notes on all of them as well and may of still been counted in the list.

hope that helps figure out whats going on besides the info I gave the op via private message.

Yeah, so this bug is only annoying me because of an ocd / completionist thing in me. Functionally, there is nothing that the padlock does when you can just click on it and view it so long as you have unlocked the dossier on atleast one other character before. Similarly to the other guy with the tame checkbox thing, it just comes down to ocd, and it being annoying that it's not working.

I appreciate all the feedback you've given

18 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I got a bunch of scout bp's the other day, mostly low levels was trying to get some higher ones killing the blue & green scouts.  I play on official though.  Do you have any mods installed on your server?

just classic flyers but it is a private server with custom settings. difficulty override gives me the higher lvl wild creatures and better loot than official but,  tbh, i think Extinction is still a mess, badly balanced, the scouts i get are still garbage even at very high levels and I don't like the lack of day/night cycle. I only still have a character there for that OCD completionist thing that just requires 2 ticks now :( 

i would own genesis already if it wasn't for this problem but i'm not going to buy another DLC if it is impossible for me to complete the last one i bought :( will try a few more things first ofc, got a lot of time invested in this game.

8 hours ago, Hominin said:

just classic flyers but it is a private server with custom settings. difficulty override gives me the higher lvl wild creatures and better loot than official but,  tbh, i think Extinction is still a mess, badly balanced, the scouts i get are still garbage even at very high levels and I don't like the lack of day/night cycle. I only still have a character there for that OCD completionist thing that just requires 2 ticks now :( 

i would own genesis already if it wasn't for this problem but i'm not going to buy another DLC if it is impossible for me to complete the last one i bought :( will try a few more things first ofc, got a lot of time invested in this game.

Yeah I feel ya man. I wish I hadn't bought genesis already cause I honestly haven't even been feeling like playing the game ever since I discovered the bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced the same bug with the boss dossiers and with the new genesis explorer notes. I play on an official ps4 server and i have beaten all the alpha bosses on the island  about a week ago but i didn't got the dossiers. about the genesis explorer notes i have unlocked the first one that i got one day after the update but  the others ones that i tried to get them yesterday are not unlocked. It showed me the hlna speak about something but i neither  got the boosted xp  nor  the thing that you can open and see  again the explorer note.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, invincibleqc said:

@NeddyTheNoodle Maybe not what you need, but v300.0 added a new undocumented command;

giveallexplorernotes

Which unlock all the explorer notes for all maps while giving you over 400k seconds of xp bonus. ?

Reveal hidden contents

9BE1E2FA0D75C20093AE3A7FB6ED300103DD1F1C

Yeah, not exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like them to fix the issue instead of putting a bandaid on it. Thankfully I got in contact with a QA tester and let them know, so hopefully they'll be looking into the bug now.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, Garet said:

I play official.  I have taken part in alpha brood, alpha ape, rag arena, and alpha rockwell and never gotten a single boss dossier.  But WC doesn't give a poop, so you might as well give up trying to get it fixed.

Garet, something you need to know about me is that I really don't give up. I will keep spreading awareness of this until it is fixed. There is nothing that can get in my way. I mean, it's really not that hard to fix it. It's essentially a bug that affects all ARK saves past a certain point. Some kind of trigger completely breaks the functionality of getting boss dossiers, and I still don't know what that function is, however; I do know how long it takes, generally. It takes at LEAST 10-12 days of a server being up with a few restarts in between ofc, and then it breaks. That's generally how long it took me every time, because at the 10-12 day mark I was doing bosses.

1 hour ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Garet, something you need to know about me is that I really don't give up. I will keep spreading awareness of this until it is fixed. There is nothing that can get in my way. I mean, it's really not that hard to fix it. It's essentially a bug that affects all ARK saves past a certain point. Some kind of trigger completely breaks the functionality of getting boss dossiers, and I still don't know what that function is, however; I do know how long it takes, generally. It takes at LEAST 10-12 days of a server being up with a few restarts in between ofc, and then it breaks. That's generally how long it took me every time, because at the 10-12 day mark I was doing bosses.

I have reported about 50+ bugs over the years of very simple bugs that could easily be fixed, not one of them has ever been fixed. No matter how much noise you make, WildCard just refuse to fix anything that is not considered critical.

13 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I have reported about 50+ bugs over the years of very simple bugs that could easily be fixed, not one of them has ever been fixed. No matter how much noise you make, WildCard just refuse to fix anything that is not considered critical.

I understand where you're coming from, and I believe you as I have experience with submitting bug reports that have never been attended to as well, however, I think perhaps we should encourage them to do good rather than making it a final statement that they never will fix these things. The reason being, is that when they see people saying that they never fix stuff, that won't make them want to fix it any more, that will make them accept that their reputation as unchanging and will forever be associated negatively and with immense laziness. It is incredibly frustrating, but we should never just give up and say "eh, they're lazy, and they'll never change", in spite of their history.

1 minute ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

I understand where you're coming from, and I believe you as I have experience with submitting bug reports that have never been attended to as well, however, I think perhaps we should encourage them to do good rather than making it a final statement that they never will fix these things. The reason being, is that when they see people saying that they never fix stuff, that won't make them want to fix it any more, that will make them accept that their reputation as unchanging and will forever be associated negatively and with immense laziness. It is incredibly frustrating, but we should never just give up and say "eh, they're lazy, and they'll never change", in spite of their history.

Bu that is their master plan, to ignore every one that is not critical. They know we are addicted/hooked and will just buy their DLC, so why would they want to fix something that they perceive as not needing to be fixed.

And yeah, we can live in hope, but hope is fading.

7 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Bu that is their master plan, to ignore every one that is not critical. They know we are addicted/hooked and will just buy their DLC, so why would they want to fix something that they perceive as not needing to be fixed.

And yeah, we can live in hope, but hope is fading.

Just to further prove my argument, look at how they fixed explorer notes in the past. Not sure if you remember, but explorer notes in general were completely broken for a month or two back in the summer, right after the beta and they recognized the issue and fixed it. This wasn't necessary whatsoever, and similarly to this issue, a lot of people did not care whatsoever. Regardless, wildcard fixed it. Now, of course that issue is of a greater scale, but it is EQUALLY as unimportant as this issue because they are both completely unnecessary as you say to the game and wouldn't be considered "critical".

All we need to do is spread awareness of the issue enough to where wildcard gets enough reports that they think it as high priority to fix as the previous explorer note bug and then we'll see what happens.

41 minutes ago, Bilbek91 said:

i also just experienced this yesterday. me and my tribe killed the big spider on the beta difficutly and it didnt give any of us the explrer note. we're pretty sad about the whole thing ?

Yeah, it is frustrating. Please consider submitting a bug report and just spreading awareness of this bug.

32 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Same here. Only got one dossier from island bosses. None from the others or king titans. PC Steam version, Official servers. I'm only missing the alpha king titan, but dossiers are still locked. Did the bosses multiple times. Still the same issue but only recently noticed.

Thanks for contributing. The more people that mention this exists, the more awareness there should be!

Hello,

With the recent patch 300.7, I have not been able to click on any of the explorer notes at all. Does everyone else experience this? Please do let me know. This kind of bug is not surprising because there is also a bug that prevents survivors from getting the boss dossiers when they kill a boss on any official or server that has been up for more than a week or two.

Archived