The new Genesis skin theory.

Allanballan

The new Genesis skin theory.

To me the skin look like some kind of ''data flow'' corrupted helmet. Maybe to symbolize that the Genesis Dlc is taking us inside a simulation. Maybe even to show that not only the earth was corrupted but the data program that controls the arks too? Wildcard has said that this is not a typical follow up on the Extinction dlc and might be before it all happened in the ARK timeline. Just some thoughts and speculation. What do you think?

3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I'm assuming genesis is just a new set of arks to get survivors ready to face Neo Rockwell, just like how 

Reveal hidden contents

The Original Arks were simulations designed to get survivors and Dinos prepared to fight the King Titan and the Corrupted on the broken earth.

No.

Helena will not be putting us through a test simulation because it would be too similar to the how the Arks failed. The Arks failed because they were testing survivors and it was decided that the survivors had to just get stronger and stronger infinitely because that was what the Corruption was doing.
Helena said that she does not know how long she has until she loses herself like the old homo deus. She will not risk creating a second Ark system at all; not after everything everyone had to go through to get out of it.

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

No.

Helena will not be putting us through a test simulation because it would be too similar to the how the Arks failed. The Arks failed because they were testing survivors and it was decided that the survivors had to just get stronger and stronger infinitely because that was what the Corruption was doing.
Helena said that she does not know how long she has until she loses herself like the old homo deus. She will not risk creating a second Ark system at all; not after everything everyone had to go through to get out of it.

It may not just be Helena that chose to create genesis,  HLNA says “I got a good feeling about you.  After all They’re putting you in the genesis simulation for a reason”.

“They” is a vague term as to who is putting you in genesis whether it be Helena or some other part of a hive mind and the arks are basically simulations too, so I don’t see the difference.

6 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It may not just be Helena that chose to create genesis,  HLNA says “I got a good feeling about you.  After all They’re putting you in the genesis simulation for a reason”.

“They” is a vague term as to who is putting you in genesis whether it be Helena or some other part of a hive mind and the arks are basically simulations too, so I don’t see the difference.

Well we know that Helena is one of the people who chose to put you in Genesis (if there is more than one person; "they" is sometimes used for a singular even if it technically shouldn't be.)

Helena would not ever willingly send people back into training land to prepare for some other fight.

• 2 months later...

I think genesis is a simulation of what happened when everything was automated. I think there was a meteorite that destroyed the moon and came to earth (for me it's the kind of corrupted rock that there is near the Titan King). URE and Earth forces discovered the "Element" and were able to create new technologies. But everything has gradually deteriorated, the earth begins to reduce its rotation and creates rising tides, and volcanoes explode. They are forced to create the arches, and decide to leave in order to repopulate the land later. But when the ERUs and land forces were fighting on land in order to leave as quickly as possible on the arches, "Arat Prime" the first ark became silent, and those who remained on land were attacked and decided to activate all the shields, but we can see on the fire panels (in the sanctuary) that it activates an automation system as if the artificial intelligence took over on land.

This is why in genesis, we find water in abandonment due to the rise of the tides, a lot of lava, and also frozen places due to the stopping of the rotation of the earth.  

Archived