Cloning gigas

MzSquawk

the only benefit to using a low level for breeding with a high level is to drop the level of the baby that comes out, its a 50/50 that you'll get a baby that has max stats of the high level parent, and the level of the baby is averaged between the two adults.

i.e. if you breed a 425 with a 425, your baby is most likely going to be anywhere from 400-425,  if you breed a 20 with a 425, the baby will end up with a averaged level between the two, usually around 190-250, sometimes higher though.

I haven't found any other advantage to using a low level with a high level for breeding other then that.  breeding two low levels, just seems to make getting the higher stat dino's a longer process, but I may be wrong there,  I think the level is taken into consideration when it comes to the possibility of getting a mutation.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

the only benefit to using a low level for breeding with a high level is to drop the level of the baby that comes out, its a 50/50 that you'll get a baby that has max stats of the high level parent, and the level of the baby is averaged between the two adults.

i.e. if you breed a 425 with a 425, your baby is most likely going to be anywhere from 400-425,  if you breed a 20 with a 425, the baby will end up with a averaged level between the two, usually around 190-250, sometimes higher though.

I haven't found any other advantage to using a low level with a high level for breeding other then that.  breeding two low levels, just seems to make getting the higher stat dino's a longer process, but I may be wrong there,  I think the level is taken into consideration when it comes to the possibility of getting a mutation.

Cheap to clone ...having a lvl 5 female clean no mutation  insurers a possibility  of mutation  on the maternal  side 

Everything above is correct.

I'll add since the only stat that's worth mutating on a Giga is melee the low level doesn't matter that much because you're still gonna get around 17k to 18k base hp from a level 5, stam will suck regardless of level, and weight will be adequate no matter what.

There is a 55% chance you'll inherit the higher stat on a baby so it just works out with odds, cost, and benefit. 

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Everything above is correct.

I'll add since the only stat that's worth mutating on a Giga is melee the low level doesn't matter that much because you're still gonna get around 17k to 18k base hp from a level 5, stam will suck regardless of level, and weight will be adequate no matter what.

There is a 55% chance you'll inherit the higher stat on a baby so it just works out with odds, cost, and benefit. 

We are working  on hp too xD 18.6k hp atm 

5 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Keep the females that have 0\73737477 mutations 

wouldn't breeding a child that has 0/40+ with a parent that has 0/40+ still stop it from getting future mutations? from my understanding if one parent is above 20/20 or 0/40 / 40/0  and so is the other, you won't get any mutation from the birth, if there are more then 40 in one dino, one of them has to be clean 0/0 in order to get any further mutations? least thats how it was explained to me, and seems to be working thus far.

People have been mutating hp,  it’s up to about 20k on pve official.  Up from 17k.

Personally I think it’s silly all the people trying to get in on mutating them.  While publicly people are trading 565md and everyone is buying it trying to mutate it... the early breeders are well over 605 already.... so as soon as this current batch of copycats catches up,  they can keep dropping the higher melee on everyone. 

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

People have been mutating hp,  it’s up to about 20k on pve official.  Up from 17k.

Personally I think it’s silly all the people trying to get in on mutating them.  While publicly people are trading 565md and everyone is buying it trying to mutate it... the early breeders are well over 605 already.... so as soon as this current batch of copycats catches up,  they can keep dropping the higher melee on everyone. 

And flooding / undercutting market. Ive always hated that aspect of trading. There should have been a mechanic outside neuter that deals with this.

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

wouldn't breeding a child that has 0/40+ with a parent that has 0/40+ still stop it from getting future mutations? from my understanding if one parent is above 20/20 or 0/40 / 40/0  and so is the other, you won't get any mutation from the birth, if there are more then 40 in one dino, one of them has to be clean 0/0 in order to get any further mutations? least thats how it was explained to me, and seems to be working thus far.

I've gotten  melee mut on a Rex that the ancestry  had 2773773\7377374...

Just now, caleb68 said:

cool but wouldn't that kill the possibility of 2 mutations?  or is that not a thing anymore? knew at one time you could get 2

I'm not sure on the particulars. There use to be a detailed explanation somewhere on these forums on how the mute process actually works but I couldn't find it when searching the other day.

@invincibleqc I think it was your Theri breeding detail but I'm not sure.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I'm not sure on the particulars. There use to be a detailed explanation somewhere on these forums on how the mute process actually works but I couldn't find it when searching the other day.

@caleb68 is correct; if one have 72344774765/20 and the other 19/20 then it can only mutate once and all the other rolls will fail.

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

@invincibleqc I think it was your Theri breeding detail but I'm not sure.

It might have been a thread in a section that was removed, or the thread is so old that it is archived and no longer indexed in the search but here is the big picture:

• 3 rolls of 2.5% each are performed.
  • If any of these roll passes, a parent is selected at random.
  • If that parent's matrilineal + patrilineal markers is greater than 20, then the mutation fails.
  • A stat of the baby is selected at random. If that stat is greater or equal 255 points, then the mutation fails.

By the time the mutation rolls are performed, the stats of the baby already been selected from the parents with a 55% chance of them being the strongest. Hence why you can mutate the stats from a parent that have more than 20 markers total if the roll passes on the other, etc. You mathematically have 1/580 chances of mutating a specific stat from a dirty parent by mating it with a clean one.

5 hours ago, TheDonn said:

About 1 month ago on Official I got the first and only double mut I got ever, on Glowtails.  It was speed (puke), but I can confirm that it still happens!

I know the feeling. I've got double mutations a few times in the past, even got a double mutation into Rex's melee once but it was the lower stat. Never got triple though and never will since I didn't mass mutate breeding lines since legacy. :P

Archived