Argentavis juvenile starved to death

Manchenfug

• 5 weeks later...

if the juvis stop eating from the trough, i just empty it and fill it back up, seems to fix it for me.

if a dino isn't eating from a trough because there are 'too many' on that trough, you must have a hell of alot of them on a single trough, I have had up to 25 babies along with 8 adults eating from a single tek trough, as well as I currently have 29 rexs eating from a single normal trough currently.  A feeding trough covers a 15 foundation x 17 wall area.  Mine are pretty much spred out to barely overlap, except the troughs put down specifically for owls and gacha.

It would be nice if:

• troughs had a option to show radius
  • troughs could be assigned to dino groups
  • troughs could be assigned to adult or baby use.
  • tek trough radius could be changed like the tek generator radius.

Happens to everyone at some point.  Good that you learned the lesson now, so later when you finally hatch that purple/black bird with all your max stats that you've been trying to get for 2 weeks you'll know to stay up until 3am hand-feeding it.

Somewhere in dino heaven, all the ghost babies from trough starvation are hanging out with all the babies we accidentally ate before hatching.  It's a sad party.

13 hours ago, Manchenfug said:

Just a short feedback - there is no bug, it just mismanagement, because the feeding trough was for all dinos. After I relocated the feeding trough, so that only the babies have one and the other dinos have one - it worked. At the end you need more space to place the feeding trough.

Actually there was a bug if it had food in inventory when starved. And yes always have separate trough for babies unless usng multiple tek troughs to support everything feeding from there.

Archived