Notes didn't work

sluggo5

16 hours ago, sluggo5 said:

Notes didn't work

went to all 5 note locations on official with HLN-A out and didn't get credit for each note. she did her speech at each note, just no credit given. now i can't get the skin. ideas?

Go into single player and collect all the notes with A SINGLE SURVIVOR ON BOTH MAPS.  This fixed it for quite a few people commenting on my video.

Save yourself some time and just console command to the notes if you've already done the legwork.

Note I setplayerpos 288000 149600 -24000

Note II setplayerpos 73652 162276 -24750

Note III setplayerpos -177600 -178400‬ -6500

Note IV setplayerpos -44000 53600 -20820

Note V setplayerpos 237391 211515 -31730

5 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Go into single player and collect all the notes with A SINGLE SURVIVOR ON BOTH MAPS.  This fixed it for quite a few people commenting on my video.

Save yourself some time and just console command to the notes if you've already done the legwork.

Note I setplayerpos 288000 149600 -24000

Note II setplayerpos 73652 162276 -24750

Note III setplayerpos -177600 -178400‬ -6500

Note IV setplayerpos -44000 53600 -20820

Note V setplayerpos 237391 211515 -31730

Tried single player XD.

I play official so that was attempt 1, then went to single player and still nonunlocked so attempt 2, thought about deleting my save but that would reset my regular explorer notes and thats too much time... So it's just broken.

17 minutes ago, brenon45 said:

Tried single player XD.

I play official so that was attempt 1, then went to single player and still nonunlocked so attempt 2, thought about deleting my save but that would reset my regular explorer notes and thats too much time... So it's just broken.

Sorry I couldn’t help.  Check your notes screen and see if they registered as picked up or not.

• 2 weeks later...

This still seems to be an issue and I can't find anything official that this issue is at least being looked into nor any information on a fix beyond the single player work around. I have two players on my server that were unable to get credit for the notes (ie not unlocking in the note UI). I myself have gotten them all unlocked with no issues on the very same servers whilst they only received credit for note #1 and nothing else.

I have suggested they try the single player route and they may do this but these are long played characters with full credits from the Island through to Extinction and it would be a shame if they are unable to have this properly unlocked on these main characters they play.

*Update*

One of the players has decided to try the single player unlock and it indeed worked fine. He still is unable to fully unlock them on his main multiplayer character though.

Update since oct 11th... Managed to unlock 4/5 in la notes... Had to transfer to 9 different servers in attempts to unlock them.

Luckily it took 3 scorched servers for the 2 to finally register as unlocked, but the 3 island ones are aggrevating, I took a few breaks to play atlas since it recently hit xbox, but tried again today and got 2nd note on 9th island server to unlock... I'll update how many servers I'm transferring through to unlock the 3rd one... Heck you might see me pop up on your pve official island still trying to unlock a raptoring explorer note because wildcard cant do anything right...

Tl;Dr HNL-A notes still broken, only one chance to activate note per server, hopping servers will give more chances to unlock them if its broken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So i been having the same problem 1. Having problems because it didn't wasn't to sync to my new Xbox... 2. Took a few days after I cooled off to find I still didn't have any notes or recordings  ...BUT .... I was playing with my husband last night (8-31-2020)  told him I wan't to finish the bosses so we did the boss flights as soon as we went inside and got the first note (I got before) I had all my notes and recording back (for the most part missing a few but I'll find them again) This was on a non dedicated server  but also happing on my dedicated server as well hope this helps 

• 3 months later...

Archived