Linux/Mac update v299

gled

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, whoareyou said:

It's a good problem to have - people actually frustrated that they can't play the game. Much better than people being indifferent and just playing something else. 

But, I couldn't in good conscience recommend Ark to anybody who prefers to use Mac or Linux after this. Mac / Linux users have lost all their hard work from auto-decay, or been raided, or kicked from tribe due to inactivity. 

We complain and then do something that is more entertaining than waiting around for this **** :) .

I am considering shutting down the 7 server cluster I am hosting because I just cannot help out in-game when I am needed and that is almost after every update. And this will affect some amount of people on the supported platform.

41 minutes ago, MarcManikman said:

Rip off !!

Prove to me that Scorched Earth works on MAC 

otherwise , I label both the developers of ARK and owners of Steam as thieves. 

how can my refund be denied and how did i clock 19 hours on a DLC that does not work on my OS 

Ive been ripped off and you will be next ! 

DAC8230E-2D72-499C-88E1-D3220C4BB7EA.jpeg

The proofs in the pudding...it states you've played  19 hours 26 minutes  ...if you only played 1 hour 59 minutes  then you would get a refund...

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

The proofs in the pudding...it states you've played  19 hours 26 minutes  ...if you only played 1 hour 59 minutes  then you would get a refund...

Actually, I've heard that if you play the original game without the DLC, the time will still tick on the DLC even if you're not playing it. Not sure this is true, since I can't see the time Steam thinks I've played any of the expansion packs (I own the expansion packs but I haven't played any of the maps yet).

It does make sense, if you think of DLC as an extension to the game, which it usually is with games in general. It just so happens that in ARK, you can play the DLC separately from the game which makes it not unthinkable that it would be a separate thing: like a separate game, even. However, Steam most likely handles all DLC the same way, so I'm inclined to think that what I've heard (that if you play the base game, time is also added to all DLCs) is actually true.

Just now, Zahlea said:

Actually, I've heard that if you play the original game without the DLC, the time will still tick on the DLC even if you're not playing it. Not sure this is true, since I can't see the time Steam thinks I've played any of the expansion packs (I own the expansion packs but I haven't played any of the maps yet).

It does make sense, if you think of DLC as an extension to the game, which it usually is with games in general. It just so happens that in ARK, you can play the DLC separately from the game which makes it not unthinkable that it would be a separate thing: like a separate game, even. However, Steam most likely handles all DLC the same way, so I'm inclined to think that what I've heard (that if you play the base game, time is also added to all DLCs) is actually true.

I'll need check that out good point I would hope not on his case sadly I'm at work and haven't the time at best of luck though I would  bet that steam sees numbers only...and would be a struggle to get a return

Archived