Deinonychus - Here to Stay?

LordMightyMax

Is there any word on upcoming balance actions being taken against the Deinonychus? My tribe has gone, umm, crazy in investing in them. They want to do all boss fights with these things (only.)

They melt the Dragon on Val, but seem to get their teeth kicked in by the Dragon in The Island. I'm also less than impressed with their damage against the monkey and manticore in the Val fight.

I'm concerned that they're trying to put all of their eggs in this basket when it seems to me that their bleed effect against bosses is likely to go away in the near future.

Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, LordMightyMax said:

Is there any word on upcoming balance actions being taken against the Deinonychus? My tribe has gone, umm, crazy in investing in them. They want to do all boss fights with these things (only.)

They melt the Dragon on Val, but seem to get their teeth kicked in by the Dragon in The Island. I'm also less than impressed with their damage against the monkey and manticore in the Val fight.

I'm concerned that they're trying to put all of their eggs in this basket when it seems to me that their bleed effect against bosses is likely to go away in the near future.

Thoughts? 

You are probably safe until after Genesis comes out, they are not going to do any bug fixes for a while since they are working on DLC.

5 minutes ago, shadowkyuubi said:

It's probably because the dragon boss on the Val map is weaker than the dragon boss on the island

Any idea exactly how much weaker the valguero dragon is?  I know the Valguero Broodmother takes 3x damage, so I wonder if the dragon is the same or if it just has different stats.

5 minutes ago, LordMightyMax said:

It is significantly weaker. The Dragon on Val dies in under a minute whereas it took 15 minutes to bring it down on The Island.

Are Deinonychus really that much better than a standard rex army or are people just using them on the boss trio because they are easy to get a hold of?  I'm assuming rexes would shred the trio even faster than the Deinonychus.

10 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Are Deinonychus really that much better than a standard rex army or are people just using them on the boss trio because they are easy to get a hold of?  I'm assuming rexes would shred the trio even faster than the Deinonychus.

Deino are op lol  the dragon doesn't target them xD so few tanks and game over xD

We were almost wiped by the Dragon on The Island when we tried with just Deinos, a Yuty, and a Daeodon. The bleed effect also isn't that effective against the manticore or the monkey on Val. Single player damage is 3.5k per tick on the monkey and 1.5k on the manticore. However; the rhino will do a consistent 6k damage to each of them with a full charge meter. Just don't charge directly at them - run past them and in circles and you'll get a few hits without losing the charge meter.

Again, the Dragon on Val melts to the Deinos because of its disgusting health pool. Around 7k per tick.

7 hours ago, LordMightyMax said:

We were almost wiped by the Dragon on The Island when we tried with just Deinos, a Yuty, and a Daeodon. The bleed effect also isn't that effective against the manticore or the monkey on Val. Single player damage is 3.5k per tick on the monkey and 1.5k on the manticore. However; the rhino will do a consistent 6k damage to each of them with a full charge meter. Just don't charge directly at them - run past them and in circles and you'll get a few hits without losing the charge meter.

Again, the Dragon on Val melts to the Deinos because of its disgusting health pool. Around 7k per tick.

God, Rhinos are so badass.

Archived