Black Screen Primitive +

Alchemiczeus

Black Screen

I am part of an Ark Rp server for primitive +. Since the new Genesis update today, 10/10/19, no one in our discord party of 100+ people could get onto the game without seeing a black screen. The game noises could still be heard in the back and it sounds like it was still on, but visually all you could see was a black screen. I have checked other primitive plus servers and they are also having this issue. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Black Screen Primitive +

Black screen

All my prim servers are black screened.  None of my players can  do anything in the game. Also prim plus single player is there but anything prim has been removed.  Engrams are gone buildings aren’t gone can’t even spawn anything in that has to do with prim.  Prim plus is the only way I play this game.  I hope there’s a fix in sight soon. 
id really be upset to shut down 8 month old server clusters. 

This issue extends also to single player. I have worked hard on my small island base over the last week, from sun up to sun down, since I had the time free and a new map to explore. However, I logged in yesterday (and even rebooted several times to try and remedy to no avail) and all the engrams for lumber were gone, and along with it, all the things I built out of lumber, so tables (and the things on them), my roof, some foundations and side walls, and several workbenches such as the lumber and construction stations and the various cooking stations were all gone. My base was in pieces, and some of the normal things like the smithy were turned in awkward side ways positions. All the stuff I had stored in the various storages and workstations were also gone. Im not sure why I play if I cant keep my stuff the way I build it between logs. Its not exactly the first time this kind of stuff has happened. I had a similar issue  when the last DLC dropped as I recall, which is why I stopped playing to begin with. Fix this, or not only will I not return to this and advice others the same, I will never buy any sequels or other games (pixark for example) you release. See...for me to spend my time and money with a company I have to trust in them and what they are providing to me...and so far my experience since launch has been jaded worse than it has been since I bought into the hype and pre ordered Two Worlds. Yes, the regular problems have become so irritating to me that I am reminded of that level of bad experience. I never bought from them again either.

3 minutes ago, Draggnlady said:

I know right. I’ve had wildcard screw up primitive before. But not to the extent of removing everything prim related. Can’t even spawn anything in on creative mode.  I really hope they fix it soon.  My primitive servers aren’t free to run. 

Exactly why I stopped playing. Nitrado servers arent exactly cheap if you want to have more than a handful of people on server at a time. The general online community I find to be too toxic to be enjoyable, so I went to private servers...only to be plagued by problems that wasted my time and my money and left me with the feeling like I was dealing with toxic devs too. So I stopped for awhile. I try coming back, playing only in SP to see where things are, and here we are again. More probs, and right around another DLC. The last time, things went without remedy for months in Prim Plus mode. I wish I could go back in time...before I bought this on PC, Xbox, and PS4. I just knew I was going to love it, and so I bought it on all 3 platforms to have access to play with all my friends and family. SMH ... It was a big mistake. On XB... (and I have a 1x) I have strange white textures that resemble some kind of crystal from certain angles where grass should be. I get a lot of tearing and lag too, and I hate lag. On PC, it tends to really work my hardware and suffers from memory leaks (at least, on a fully AMD custom rig it does). Look and feel wise it generally does best on PS4 Pro, except that almost all my losses of saves and worlds have happened on that platform...as well as inability to access servers. So wth did I spend all that money for? Im sure not getting what I though I was for my time and money. One big headache after another, makes me want to quit all over again. Like I said...Two Worlds. If you dont know that game, go look it up. It was terribly broken, and hyped up to be the game that runs all other RPG's, especially Elder Scrolls, out of business. It came out broken and stayed broken all the way into the re release on the next platforms (and even that is still plagued with probs). Yes Wild Card, you are reminding me of my Two Worlds pre order experience. 

If you are on Xbox, dont delete your data. Delete data on Prim Plus, and it removes it from Evolved as well! Remove it from Evolved, and it removes it from Prim Plus as well. I just lost EVERY F*ing THING. This sucks. Im done. I wont be buying the DLC. FYI...on XB Prim Plus still has all it's engrams, but is suffering from bad lag, faded washed images even though they are close to you, and missing images that come out looking like a grey, black, and white 2d cross patterned crystal. This is un f*ing believable... This company now ranks in my book right there with EA's butchering of SW Battlefront and that mess of a company behind Two Worlds. SMH There should be laws against this level of BS...This is downright criminal. May as well be E.T. on Atari 2600 all over again.

Go back to school, or hire people who care and know what they are doing...its obvious you guys dont know and dont care. In any other profession, this level of failure would not be tolerated. As a CDL driver, it would even result in criminal charges. How come you guys can get away with it?

Black screen ps4 p+

I rent a server from Nitrado and it was working well my friends were able to play and build “amazing” bases they claim while I worked for past week and couldn’t play. Today is my day off and able to play but I am getting a black screen with noises of wild dinos near me however I see nothing but black. I have reached out to Nitrado and they claim it is wildcard that caused issue. I am annoyed at the fact that I am not used to this by now since I been playing ark since original release on pc. But is there any advice or tips that I could try to maybe fix it on my end just so I can at least feel like I did something besides sit and wait for an update that probably won’t come out til I can’t play again? Lol. It’s a primitive plus server with few server game.ini file changes. Mainly to add faster leveling and allow all engrams for solo players. We have tried taking the custom scripts out and nothing changed and even reinstalled ark on ps4 gone to a new internet source. I’m fully aware wild card has majority of blame on this but I still wanna try something to at least say hey I did this. Kinda like when you call your cell provider for phone issues and they make you do that long list of troubleshooting before they tell you “oh good news it’s not your phone we have a tower down” I think everyone has heard something like that lol

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Caveman94 said:

Black screen ps4 p+

I rent a server from Nitrado and it was working well my friends were able to play and build “amazing” bases they claim while I worked for past week and couldn’t play. Today is my day off and able to play but I am getting a black screen with noises of wild dinos near me however I see nothing but black. I have reached out to Nitrado and they claim it is wildcard that caused issue. I am annoyed at the fact that I am not used to this by now since I been playing ark since original release on pc. But is there any advice or tips that I could try to maybe fix it on my end just so I can at least feel like I did something besides sit and wait for an update that probably won’t come out til I can’t play again? Lol. It’s a primitive plus server with few server game.ini file changes. Mainly to add faster leveling and allow all engrams for solo players. We have tried taking the custom scripts out and nothing changed and even reinstalled ark on ps4 gone to a new internet source. I’m fully aware wild card has majority of blame on this but I still wanna try something to at least say hey I did this. Kinda like when you call your cell provider for phone issues and they make you do that long list of troubleshooting before they tell you “oh good news it’s not your phone we have a tower down” I think everyone has heard something like that lol

They are aware of the issue and are looking into it. I don't think there is any ETA yet, but hopefully will be fixed soon.

31 minutes ago, Deceptionsangel said:

The update messed up primitive plus servers. Regular servers seem to be working fine. But at least they are aware of it. Problem is there's been no update since. So who knows how long it will be. 

Earliest will likely be Tuesday since that seems to be the “update day” for many games ARK included.

18 hours ago, Deceptionsangel said:

The update messed up primitive plus servers. Regular servers seem to be working fine. But at least they are aware of it. Problem is there's been no update since. So who knows how long it will be. 

On PS4 ( I didnt even bother trying PC) it only affects Prim plus. ON XBOX however, it reaches over to also mess with Evolved. If you switch between the two, you lose access to  your saves in SP. If you clear a file on one, it clears it on all. Add to this that for mine it even added missing textures (only in Prim SP Val Map) and lag / fuzzy / digital graphics to the  entire game on both sides (I run a ps4 pro & xbox 1 x) and you now have the full picture. After losing my stuff on PS4 (Most of my bases completely gone, and a lot of my stuff stored in it) I got mad but still wanted to play, so I went over to Xbox just to lose everything on BOTH Prim Plus and Evolved, which royally pissed me off since it isnt the first time. I have gotten tired of losing saves or being barred from accessing servers sometimes for weeks at a time, or waiting months at a time for things to be fixed as it was with the drops last time or the titans being disabled due to bugs with the last DLC. Im especially tired that it seems to always revolve around DLC, and that the DLC and other games (Atlas, Pixark) get more attention than remedying what is already wrong with Ark along with all the new stuff that they break with each major update. I didnt bother trying pc....it already has its issues with fully AMD builds (at least, I was told the memory leak was related to its use of AMD hardware, but could just be poop design and programming) and considering I already had probs out of my other 2 versions, the odds were already in favor of something going terribly wrong to the point I just want to smash something. So...before any of you label me a "toxic complainer", consider the long history and repetitive cycle of these problems since launch, consider I bought this on 3 consoles for myself, and 4 more copies on different consoles for my kids. Consider I am a day one-r, having owned and played since launch, and having bough all the DLC. And consider my frustration being denied enjoyment to something I have paid for many times over, something that has been out for years now and shouldn't still be plagued by issues like these. Consider this, and maybe you will understand why I see this as another Two Worlds betrayal. 

7 minutes ago, PatentGecko said:

I just want to know what they are going to do for those who’s tames have died due to starvation because of the issues. Seems like it would be unlikely for many to starve but I’m sure it’s gonna happen. Haven’t been able to see any new information yet.

Dude, right now all Structures wich are Primitiv+ Mode are deleted. It means, even on official, if your building is full out of Lumber the foundations will be gone. And everything on it. If youre lucky you build on wood or stone, wich is not prim+. They have to do a Roll back or they are just horrible...

So if they dont rollback, ye lets hope they do something about the starved tames, no new news since 3 days.

If you’re on an unofficial server they can stop the server so tames don’t starve.  That won’t help builds. My 3 prim servers are stopped. But they still cost money whether they are running or not.  I’m really hoping they fix this soon.  Prim+ is the only way I play ark.  It’s very frustrating they had prim almost fixed. Again.  Can’t even play single player. Everything is gone.  
8 months on these servers. That’s a lot of time and money wasted. I haven’t read anything on it being fixed or not. In fact only thing I’ve seen is they know there’s a problem.  That’s it.  

Totally agree. I want more Twitter Posts from Cedrik or WC. It is so stupid we get zero informations on what is going on. Feels like they just do not care for PS4 Player or Sever Owners. Waste my whole week off Work for waiting. My server i played on is got deleted anyway because they just stopped hosting because of issues after issues. Frustrating, yep...

Archived