qaulity of life Alpha orange glow setting

YaBoiStygal

Suggestion

Alpha orange glow setting

I feel that there should be a setting or command to disable the orange glow/smoke from alpha creatures.

It would make the game more immersive and slightly more difficult since the glow is a dead give away for a harder challenging creature, and will steer certain players away. Allowing a setting or command like this would allow a feel of uncertainty when hunting creatures, since then the only distictive feature of alpha's would being their larger size.

2 replies to this server topic

39 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

My only question would be though - how would you know it was an alpha? Would they still have the same slightly-larger size or an alert when you get close?

Larger size, obviously more speed, dino's leaving alone that would typically attack (like a Rex goes after Raptors and Carno's but not Alpha variants) and name still displayed through spyglass. 

For Hyena's, Wolves, Raptors, etc. it would still be the highest level.

I like it. Up vote.

Though I probably wouldn't use it, I can see where it may be fun to some. As such I will upvote it. I mean it is an option/setting, and I am all for personalization of servers, single players, and dedicated maps. 

My only question would be though - how would you know it was an alpha? Would they still have the same slightly-larger size or an alert when you get close?

Otherwise if they are a decent level, someone may try to tame them accidentally. 

Archived