Latest patch disc requirements

Sigin

Latest patch disc requirements

Hello, i have some problems with current patch and its disc usage.

I have my steam installed on 250gb ssd system disc, but steam game directory is on 1 TB disc.

Before latest patch, I had around 100gb taken on "game disc" and probably some to me unknown data on steam disc. After todays patch, i got ark taking 90gb data on system disc in steam folder so my ssd is completely full and i cannot proceed with update and it is taking over 90gb of space, where it shouldnt be at all. I am currently trying to reinstall ark completely to see, if it will help. When i uninstalled it from steam, i got freed 90+gb on system disc and over 120gb on game disc - is this standard behaviour of ark update? Because if it is, some ppl might not be able to update at all, if game requires 100+gb on disc, where it is not supposted to even be installed.

I have installed classic ark, SE, center, ragnarok and valguero.

We moved the whole of Steam onto our larger, 2ndary drives a couple DLC's ago for that reason.
Just have the shortcut on the desktop leading to that drive.
All we figured out is that Steam tries to put the game where IT is and not always in the game directory - if the game directory is on another drive.
It just creates a new game directory on the drive Steam is on.
Move it all is my suggestion.

Weirdly my E drive seems to be filling up while patching, though Steam and ARK are both installed on my H which has plenty of space remaining. My patch was also 7GB?! Whereas my friends is nowhere near that size. 

Unfortunately I left all my Juveniles out... at this speed I am not looking forwards to logging into the massacre. That's presuming my download ever actually finishes :( lesson learnt.

1 minute ago, SadieSaurus said:

Weirdly my E drive seems to be filling up while patching, though Steam and ARK are both installed on my H which has plenty of space remaining. My patch was also 7GB?! Whereas my friends is nowhere near that size. 

Unfortunately I left all my Juveniles out... at this speed I am not looking forwards to logging into the massacre. That's presuming my download ever actually finishes :( lesson learnt.

ANYTIME there is an announced patch or update: PUT AWAY THE EGGS & GROWING ONES
Inevitably it will take longer than it should - or something gets jacked up (like what happened to the OP) and you don't have a happy entrance into your game.
I hope your game updates quickly & w/o too many more issues, Sadie! 

Archived