Febreze1

Windows store version - NO UPDATE

The reason comes from the fact Microsoft checks both versions of the apps separately and the xbox version could get passed before the Win10 verson does.  That leads to the version mismatch.  We can't really know what the hold up is, does WC submit the Win10 version after, does MS not put enough resources in validating Win10 Store content fast enough.? we don't know.

34 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

The reason comes from the fact Microsoft checks both versions of the apps separately and the xbox version could get passed before the Win10 verson does.  That leads to the version mismatch.  We can't really know what the hold up is, does WC submit the Win10 version after, does MS not put enough resources in validating Win10 Store content fast enough.? we don't know.

Seems pretty reasonable then if they are awaiting approval. Makes a lot of sense, but a notice should be posted with the update or on a general sticky tab to prevent these kind of confusions.

I am having the same issue... I got an alert during work today that my Nitrado Ark Server was updating, and when I got home I had a bunch of messages from my users that the server was unavailable. My server is Cross platform, and we are completely down right now. Is there any word on when Windows 10 will get the update???

Windows 10 Update, and others.

Seriously why does this always happen? Can you guys PLEASE:

1) Do whatever is necessary to not break the game by severely delaying people playing on the Windows 10 version

2) Start treating it like it's own platform. You guys LOVE to say "OH HEY WERE ROLLING OUT PC, XBOX and PS4!" ... Steam and Windows 10 are 2 different things. We know you understand this.

3) Write this issue down in your "frequent mistakes" notebook. We need you to correct this issue, PLEASE!

I am currently unable to play this game that I love with the community I operate because of this and it happens every time.

Edited by ARKstuff
Ended up in the wrong forum

Windows 10 Update

Ladies and gentlemen, why does this always happen? Can you PLEASE:

1) Do whatever is necessary to not break the game for certain players by doing the same thing every time with the Windows 10 update, which causes it to be severely delayed.

2) Start treating it like it's own platform. You guys LOVE to say "OH HEY WERE ROLLING OUT PC, XBOX and PS4!" ... Steam and Windows 10 are 2 different things. We know you understand this.

3) Write this issue down in your "frequent mistakes" notebook. We need you to correct this issue, PLEASE!

I am currently unable to play this game that I love with the community I operate because of this and it happens every time. If I made mistakes like this repeatedly at my job I would get fired. We know you can do better.

There's nothing reasonable about it. It's the same infrastructure between the Xbox and Microsoft Store on Win10 (that's why cross-purchase works to begin with) and that infrastructure has very clear provisions to handle these situations.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/manage-submission-options

All they have to do is set the submission publish option from "as soon as it passes cert" to "manual," and then they can click the publish button at the same time. It's really as simple as that.

ark windows 10

There's nothing reasonable about it. It's the same infrastructure between the Xbox and Microsoft Store on Win10 (that's why cross-purchase works to begin with) and that infrastructure has very clear provisions to handle these situations. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/manage-submission-options All they have to do is set the submission publish option from "as soon as it passes cert" to "manual," and then they can click the publish button at the same time. It's really as simple as that.