JSON Error

Hazathal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

15 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Put it back in online mode and Ark crashes at the main menu again. Try offline and cross your fingers?

Whether you launch Steam in offline mode or not, ARK will still make requests to arkdedicated.com which I assume its response to be invalid and what is failing to deserialize. I would be curious to know if the people having issues can successfully launch ARK just by redirecting the domain to an invalid IP by adding:

0.0.0.0 arkdedicated.com

Into C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and running ipconfig /flushdns.

I want to know if there is an ETA for the fix on the Json error. And if not how do I get a refund for the unplayable game I was sold? If there is a problem and there are plans to fix it that's fine. But what I don't want to do is pay money for something then be told to hold my hand on my rear end. Is this problem actively being worked on or not? Simple question pls don't lock it from replies. 

Stop closing my post a lot of people want answers to this gigas take so dam long to raise and so much time just miss imprints because of issue with the people you pick as providers. Its not bad enough my server crashs every 4 hours and stays offline for over 45mins then well come back on and all the lag that you guys have still yet to do anything about why other cluster run fine or 99% better then 717 im just sick of getting screwed over and you guys doing nothing to fix the problem you raise 18 gigas just to lose imprint time because of issues such as this, an tell me you not going to get { fired up! } So the question is you guys going to fix this issue or make it where all dinos get 100% imprint for the day or something?

DID YOU READ THE NEWS!~~~

WILDCARD SERVERS ARE BEING MESHED IRL~!

Meshers proving once and for all. They will end your fun time.

This is the ultimate mesh wipe. Killing all yoru babies, making you mess with your computer in the most unholy ways. Mess with your internet. Yell at your kids. Fight your wife!~

At least she gave me a bag of peas for my shiner..

32 minutes ago, Swanson37 said:

I want to know if there is an ETA for the fix on the Json error. And if not how do I get a refund for the unplayable game I was sold? If there is a problem and there are plans to fix it that's fine. But what I don't want to do is pay money for something then be told to hold my hand on my rear end. Is this problem actively being worked on or not? Simple question pls don't lock it from replies. 

U new here huh

1 hour ago, GP said:

Because caleb likes to troll, he does nothing but moan.

So if Mods try to help he will do his upmost to seek out a problem.

While I don't know how bad Caleb is, I must admit Joe wasn't helping the situation.  Being adamant that it's a steam issue and saying it's not an Ark/WC issue are 2 different things.  From a "tester" perspective I sure wouldn't say it's Issue X unless I knew it.  He didn't know, and when he started getting push back from various members of the community he put his hands up in the air and quit.  It was until someone else gave the correct answer that it's a CloudFlare issue that he came back in petty grace and said BAM I was right about 1 of the 4 things I said.

It doesn't help, and creates further issues for those seeking an answer.  I of course was looking into this issue as well, and tested a great many things today, Drives, File verifications, checking my current ISP connection, reinstallation, ect.  And I'm glad that I kept reading before testing other avenues as well, if it was a steam issue (Which none of my other games were affected after testing 19 other online games) I could have purchased on Epic thinking it would work, sure we live in the world of refunds but it's a step that people could take considering whats being tossed around.

You can speculate, try and lead discussions and testing, but you should never affirm what you honestly don't know.  "Many reports are coming from steam, is anyone getting the error from other platforms?"  is much better and far more constructive than "It's a steam issue, it's happening on other games on steam"

For those just joining the discussion, currently this is believed to be the issue, and cloudflare is providing updates when they can here  https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/9ggr0k6dwzwg

I seem to be getting “json” error as well on ark startup to fear evolved title screen. Just lost some farmed event loot as well as my would-have-been breeder fire wyvern for the new wyvern breeding being implemented into the game (wyvern is in cryo and i timed out in a bad spot where my bag despawned  once i found a temp fix just now). This was a while ago and only now have i managed a temporary fix for myself; using my phones hotspot to run my game. I hope this helps someone else. Wildcard please fix this.

Just now, Waternoose said:

I seem to be getting “json” error as well on ark startup to fear evolved title screen. Just lost some farmed event loot as well as my would-have-been breeder fire wyvern for the new wyvern breeding being implemented into the game (wyvern is in cryo and i timed out in a bad spot where my bag despawned  once i found a temp fix just now). This was a while ago and only now have i managed a temporary fix for myself; using my phones hotspot to run my game. I hope this helps someone else. Wildcard please fix this.

I did same earlier, but 30gb data runs out fast...

Archived