10 hours ago, GP said:

The problem with this error is it is random, so just because you haven't had it again doesn't mean you've resolved the issue.

Unless someone can explain how when uninstalling BattlEye and not reinstalling it I still got the issue.

i donno, on mine it was defiantly battleye causing the json error, after unistalling it and reinstalling it, i haven't gotten one more json error on my side anymore, seems like it  may be multiple things causing the same issue. Sorry it didn't work for you.

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Then it might not be corrupted files on steam, just a bug they need to patch.   I mean, it did happen on 2 computers at the exact same moment.  That's less likely an install specific issue.

i have two pc's i run ark on at the same time most of the time, but haven't had the json error pop on both of them, just the main pc that i've been playing ark on for over a year,  sounds like it may also be a issue with steam too then.

1 hour ago, TomBakerARK said:

I hadn't seen this issue in a week or two and yesterday I got the json pop-up twice.

If you don't flip over and close it out it 100% stops your stream/sync for the game and will throw you out.

I don't think it's battleeye, because I uninstalled it a long time ago and don't use it.

battleye hasn't done it in awhile, but you can tell if battleye is going to, you'll end up with two ark icons in your start bar when arks started up, one will be battleye, the other ark, if you don't restart ark you'll start getting the battleye ones coming.   

If your not seeing the two icons, its most likely steam causing it.