JSON Error

Hazathal

I don't normally do this, but I also had it. I was just playing some today when all of a sudden the json error appeared, and when I clicked ok, my game crashed. Now whenever I start the game, as soon as it gets to the main menu, the error appears, followed up with a crash when clicking ok. Although, it doesn't happen when I disconnect my PC from the internet.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, zero064 said:

Ah, too bad. Makes me miss the old days of LAN gaming when you could carry on as usual as long as you had power and caffeine. 

Man don't get me started.

It's like when Xbox live goes down you can't even play most games that don't even have an online presence, can't watch TV on something like YouTubeTv, hell you can't even get to your own personally hosted Plex server (sitting in your house) because the Plex app can't authenticate to Xbox Live. What a mess. Miss the old days of just putting in the CD and go...

2 minutes ago, Rakacha said:

por favor si alguien consigue una solución me puede escribir por discord, Rakacha#9300

please if someone gets a solution you can write to me by discord, Rakacha # 9300

If u cant read post just comment...

Reason is found and just waiting on fix lol

Did u even read post or just seen Topic

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

No, es un PROBLEMA DE RED. LO DIJE EN MI PRIMER POST. DIOS MIO. Es obvio que algo está pasando con Wildcards NETWORK .... Dios mío ... ¿tengo que golpearte con un tablero para que realmente leas lo que escribió ????

Está sucediendo en varias PC.
TODAS las PC de la red en las que se encuentra se verán afectadas.
Sucede tanto con STEAM como con EPIC LAUNCHER.
Ciclar su IP temporalmente SOLUCIONA el problema.

Quiero decir, realmente vas a decir "Oye, mira, alguien encontró una solución temporal, el comodín no necesita molestarse en asegurarse de que sus cosas funcionen correctamente" ... * sacude la cabeza * Debería esperar esto de ti Joe ... .. especialmente a estas alturas .... barremos tantos problemas debajo de la alfombra y arrojemos cualquier solución temporal para que podamos ignorar el problema.

Y como se cicla el IP?

+1 on this issue

Was able to play earlier today (around 11am US Central) and now can't (started about 1:30pm US central).Is now just before 3pm US central.

a .json is just a data file, similar to an .xml file. In and of itself, an Invalid token would indicate that something wrote an unexpected character to the file, and now it can't be parsed. Weird that people are saying a VPN or disabling networking can fix the issue. Hoping wildcard gets this fixed, I do not want to have to reinstall all 250 bajillion megs of this game, again, for the umpeenth time.

3 minutes ago, Platipus said:

+1 on this issue

Was able to play earlier today (around 11am US Central) and now can't (started about 1:30pm US central).Is now just before 3pm US central.

a .json is just a data file, similar to an .xml file. In and of itself, an Invalid token would indicate that something wrote an unexpected character to the file, and now it can't be parsed. Weird that people are saying a VPN or disabling networking can fix the issue. Hoping wildcard gets this fixed, I do not want to have to reinstall all 250 bajillion megs of this game, again, for the umpeenth time.

Confirmed, game starts and plays fine with network adapters disabled. Doesn't get me into my servers though.

20 minutes ago, Platipus said:

+1 en este tema

Pude jugar más temprano hoy (alrededor de las 11 a. M. Hora central de EE. UU.) Y ahora no puede (comenzó alrededor de la 1:30 p. M. Central de EE. UU.).

un .json es solo un archivo de datos, similar a un archivo .xml. En sí mismo, un token no válido indicaría que algo escribió un carácter inesperado en el archivo, y ahora no se puede analizar. Es extraño que la gente diga que una VPN o la desactivación de la red pueden solucionar el problema. Con la esperanza de que el comodín solucione esto, no quiero tener que reinstalar los 250 millones de megas de este juego, nuevamente, por enésima vez.

It's weird, but it works and is the important thing until the error is fixed.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, dalextm said:

It's weird, but it works and is the important thing until the error is fixed.

It makes sense. Since CloudFlare is only having a problem with a region of their network. The VPN is allowing you to access a different region. One that is working and can deliver the file the app is looking for.

You can read more about the actual cause of the issue here. Database replication due to configuration error:

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most all internet traffic goes through CloudFlare or other competing CDNs (CloudFront, Fastly, Google Cloud".

Read me post. I said I could unplug my cable modem and keep going LAN-wise. I have internal DHCP, DNS, LDAP, and more. I have an actual Xeon server (dual Xeons, 256GB ECC RAM, RAID10) I use for Ark, 7 Days, and a few more. If I am unplugged from the WAN I cannot go to Cloudflare. This brings up the question as to why I need to hit Cloudflare to play a damn game offline?

Also, still getting this if I go online. Why can I do absolutley nothing without a damn connection to Cloudflare? What if I want to play single player? This is what KILLED Silent Hunter 5, the need for an online connection to play a single player game! It's just plain stupid! If this damn connection fails then load the game and try later!

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

This brings up the question as to why I need to hit Cloudflare to play a damn game offline?

Read my post:

Everything is interconnected these days. When any part of the chain goes down it all goes down. Hopefully WildCard makes some architectural changes so this doesn't happen again. Time will tell.

Updated Update from Cloudflare: Monitoring - One of our database replicas has been restored and is back in service, others will be restored imminently. Service should be restored back to normal levels, and we are continuing to monitor our systems to ensure a smooth recovery. Nov 2, 21:27 UTC https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

Ok, i have this dam issue since 1 hour ago... its getting every more dissapointed about WildCard and all this fix that are made with bubblegum and duct tape. If not is this crash is another one that is FATAL ERROR... or been kicked from server but your dam body is still in the server... or when wour are playing and the dupers still crash the server and kicked you out... or when dupers till lag the server so you still rubberbanding constantly... ITS ALL THEIR DAM FAULT.

Archived