JSON Error

Hazathal

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

Would like the take the time to thank the moderator that decided it needed to go into the 'General Jnson Error Thread'  Rather then leaving it as its own thread as everyone is getting the EXACT SAME ERROR FROM THIS LATEST JNSON ERROR.  Great Job at making the Error Seem Obscure and General Moderator.

If you bothered to read the original first post it's the exact same error.

Just started happening for me, was on Valguero, transferred to Genesis (been all over a couple servers today), but game crashed with this error after placing a triangle metal ceiling... Now I get the error as described above at the start screen and it doesnt matter (seems to be server side) what I do. 

Doing a file validation now, will update with my progress.

16 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Would like the take the time to thank the moderator that decided it needed to go into the 'General Jnson Error Thread'  Rather then leaving it as its own thread as everyone is getting the EXACT SAME ERROR FROM THIS LATEST JNSON ERROR.  Great Job at making the Error Seem Obscure and General Moderator.

Exactly!  And there is no way it's on the client side, since so many are getting it at the same time!  All these years and no solution???

The original post is from a year ago.  Change Management says, if you create a new patch and the same issues occurs; you create another NEW instance for the error to track when it occurred again and then attach all those incidents/reports to a PROBLEM and then issue a tentative work around as a minimal solution or what the fix is for the PROBLEM

Since there are so many people having the issue.  One day Wildcard might hit Enterprise level, but still not there with this backwards logic

13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

If you bothered to read the original first post it's the exact same error.

If you bothered to read the following posts all the way to page 2 it became a general json error.  And being this one just started popping up today on everyone I highly doubt its the same as the original.  If it is it just goes to show how well wildcard is at fixing reoccurring bugs in there games Joe.

And just as a note for yourself Joe - when you get a Json line:1 Char:1 error, its not that box thats the important one, its just the start of it,  the crash box is the important part.  Being everyone is getting the same crashbox, rather then a varied one, it kinda points to something on Wildcards Network end, including that its effecting other pc's on the same network with different accounts.

• Volunteer Moderator

A lot of strange suggestion for (temp) fixes here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1471969431587148879/?ctp=3

Most notably:

"When viewing your Ark game file you need to have show hidden files enabled. Your settings is in there. Delete this file and restart game. This issue is because of a divide by zero error when Sky quality setting is set to zero. When adjusting the Sky quality always leave a little bit of the slider showing."

"I´ll look for the file, but I run on ultra on this comp (lowest on my old) so might not be that.

Found this line in steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

sg.TrueSkyQuality=3"

Fixed for some people by disabling IPv6.

Fixed for some by setting a static IP address on their computer.

2 minutes ago, WhipSky said:

Hello, it happened to me 30min ago. The only solution i found was to switch my internet connection from ethernet to wifi. It seems to be an ip issue maybe... 

its because your cycling your IP, which in note also makes it even more clear that its a issue on Wildcards side and not the Clients side, as i had stated in my original thread about todays json post. 

1 minute ago, PyroPaul1017 said:

The real question is, what's wildcard doing about it?

nothing most likely as the developers only look IF a moderator points out the forum thread, and support tickets take a week to get a answer....

Archived