JSON Error

Hazathal

Graphics settings won't change. Also invalid json token line1 ch 1

I am sorry again if this is the wrong forum to post this in. I cannot find a technical support forum for PC Ark here but if it is there someone please show me where to find it and move this thread there please.

My friend is having graphics settings problems with Ark this morning. We play on an unofficial Ark Valguero server she is paying for to be hosted. This morning she tried logging in and got this error message: invalid json token line1 ch 1. She tried changing the in game resolution after reading something online about it and then changed it back but nothing changed. So far we can't find anything related on how to solve this. Her game looks like everything is just set on low settings even though all of her graphic settings are the same as they were yesterday. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it? Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert but a quick google search shows that Json error has to do with javascript and I saw something about cloud storage using that. In my opinion, because Ark uses the cloud to save the game, you might have a corrupted save file.

If you're on xbox, I would suggest deleting your save and clearing the cache and then reloading your game. If on pc then I don't have any suggestions.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

It's not specific to the latest patch though. I got this twice today, before and after patch. I've also had it a couple of times on and off over 2 weeks ago.

just seems to be popping now when ark is launched, before the json error was random.

p.s. whats the GP icon on your profile? hadn't seen that before

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to JSON Error
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

reinstalled battleye, no more json errors for me. but ok.

The problem with this error is it is random, so just because you haven't had it again doesn't mean you've resolved the issue.

Unless someone can explain how when uninstalling BattlEye and not reinstalling it I still got the issue.

I would like to note that while playing the game w/ my son, both our computers got that message at the exact same time. Is it possible battleeye is causing it, or maybe it's steam related?

When I get the error, it doesn't always kill my gaming sessions also.  just sometimes.  most of the time when I get an error from ark, the game has shut down , frozen, restarted....but not continued playing.

^ having just now read GP's post, I'm going thinking reinstall steam? can we do that w/out losing the game folders? and just unload the steam program files?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I would like to note that while playing the game w/ my son, both our computers got that message at the exact same time. Is it possible battleeye is causing it, or maybe it's steam related?

When I get the error, it doesn't always kill my gaming sessions also.  just sometimes.  most of the time when I get an error from ark, the game has shut down , frozen, restarted....but not continued playing.

When I get it, most of the time the game continues, but a few times it has closed Ark.

When I uninstalled BattlEye I still got the issue.

Archived