7 out 8 baby ankles died, next to 6 FULL TEK TROUGHS.

Mark1234

7 out 8 baby ankles died, next to 6 FULL TEK TROUGHS.

What the raptor is wrong within game lately? I log out for four hours, fulled six troughs and eight Dino's inventory, and they still all raptoring died? Oh wc won't replace Dino's, so raptor you, even when it's their fault.  Stop making new maps and fix this poop you assholes.

Were they still babies ?  , you have absolutely sure they had enough food , until juvi ? 

Cause herbivores , eat like ... A LOT . 

There’s definitely a eating bug since the beginning of Ark , where babies simply don’t eat even with food on their inventory, ( already saw it on Giga, mosa, tuso and Basilo ) .

Although, most of the times people do the wrong math , and babies end  starve to death. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Are you sure they didn't wander away? To be sure, you should look into purchasing protection to make sure these ankles do not wander out of range next time. These have good reviews:

one common mistake i see people doing when calculating the amount of food needed, is they forget about the decay timer.

it doesn't matter if you have 1 stack of meat/berries, or 1000 stacks in a trough, all the meat/berries you have in those troughs are only going to last the maxium life of a single stack. you have to make sure to use the full life of a single stack as your starting point, then calculate how much food is going to be ate off that one stack and figure out if it will outlast the time needed to be offline from those babies.  The more babies the faster that one stack is going to drop.

on another note...

On occasion i've had the tek troughs full of cooked meat, and the baby meat eaters would refuse to eat the cooked meat, but when replaced with raw meat they would eat just fine.  With regular troughs there is a known bug where dino's will just stop eating from them, removing all the food and placing it back in will normally fix this problem if there aren't several troughs overlapping each other.  If the normal ones overlap, you need to remove the food from all the overlapping troughs then stick it back in.  Trough range from my understanding is apox 12 foundation squares.  It didn't seem to work with tek troughs though, I tried and didn't fix the problem with the babies not wanting to eat the cooked meat.  I left them out for the time i was on, leaving the tek troughs full of raw meat, and put them away before logging off.  the next time i tossed them out (yesterday) they happily ate cooked meat from the tek troughs.

I always feed the herbivores mejoberries, or the blue berries (forget their name off hand) as they seem to eat less of those two then the yellow or red ones.

We have yet to lose one baby to starvation, but, we never leave them out while we are offline, sure it takes us alot longer then most to raise babies, but in the long run, we still have those bred babies that we wanted to keep.

One tip I can give - Always get the babies to 10.1% maturity before stopping hand feeding them, we've had some that wouldn't eat from the troughs till then, mainly argy's, but a few others as well.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:11 PM, caleb68 said:

I always feed the herbivores mejoberries, or the blue berries (forget their name off hand) as they seem to eat less of those two then the yellow or red ones.

mejoberry is 30 food and amar, azul and tintoberries are 25 food. (edit, 20 food, not 25, so difference is even bigger)
when you give them all the berries, they wont eat mejo because they always eat the lowest food first.
same for fish meat with carnivores.

logging off before they hit juvi also will stop them from eating if no player is in the area to keep the zone active.  If the zone goes into stasis, only juvi and above will continue eating from a trough.  A baby that's 1% away from juvi will stop eating and will only survive if it has enough of a food level to handle starving to 10%.  I have ankys w/ 470 we and those babies can't survive on their own until they reach about 6.7%.   If you have less weight than that, they would need to be watched even longer than that.

4 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

I find crumplecorn a bit confusing to beginners , and doesn’t take the weight of dino into account. 

I normally use this one

https://notalltalk.com/arkworld/breeding.html

your website is also 1 hour wrong with basilo, they dont take the food stat into account which can be huge on some dinos.

Crumple corn does account for the weight, that's how you know.  You type in the weight of your animal and it gives u #s you can work with.  Animals that don't work right are snow owls, they are reflecting the prebugged #s, use an argentivaris instead for them.  weight works exactly the same for snow owls and argents.  Gasbags are wrong, it's 2x what it should be for them.  SO whatever # it gives u, cut in half on gasbags.  The new dein animal is basically a raptor, so just use that.  THose are the problem ones i know of.

Archived