Dino Level Per Map Question

sphbecker

Before I start, I am well aware of the OverrideOfficialDifficulty setting, that is not my question.

I run a server cluster with 150 max level on all maps. I have logged a ton of hour between different maps. It seems very clear that there is a difference in the chances of different dino levels depending on map. All maps spawn 150 dinos, but on official cannon maps there seems to be a bell-curve distribution of levels, meaning that mid-levels are more common than very high or very low levels. On official DLC maps (like Ragnarok and Valguero) there seems to be an equal chance of all levels. My other players have seen the same thing and make comments like "that is just how Ark is."

I would like to disable this if possible. I tried the MaxDifficulty=True setting, which seems to do nothing. Is there anyway to change this?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, sphbecker said:

Before I start, I am well aware of the OverrideOfficialDifficulty setting, that is not my question.

I run a server cluster with 150 max level on all maps. I have logged a ton of hour between different maps. It seems very clear that there is a difference in the chances of different dino levels depending on map. All maps spawn 150 dinos, but on official cannon maps there seems to be a bell-curve distribution of levels, meaning that mid-levels are more common than very high or very low levels. On official DLC maps (like Ragnarok and Valguero) there seems to be an equal chance of all levels. My other players have seen the same thing and make comments like "that is just how Ark is."

I would like to disable this if possible. I tried the MaxDifficulty=True setting, which seems to do nothing. Is there anyway to change this?

You will have to override every spawn entries. A bit outdated, but the following reddit post should give you a general idea:

Archived