ARK game size

Besty

1 hour ago, Besty said:

ARK game size

If you go around adding up all the required storage space on all 6 DLCs and the base game, you get a total of 136GB. It's 190GB on my disk and I'm confused why this is. I have no workshop content installed or primitive plus.

Maybe, the first total doesnt include all the patch updates since it was in early access? 

yep the file sizes on the store pages are the initial release, and the game size itself has increased from all the patches.  It would be nice if wildcard (and other developers for that matter) would adjust the sizes and requirements for their games.  One thats really bad about it is Hello Games, the information on No Mans Sky is so out of date its not even funny, saying that their game is compatible with videocards that its not due to it requiring VR Ready cards.

But yeah all in all its the patches that have been added sense that have increased the file sizes. last time I had to reinstall it told me that i had to have a minimum of 200gb free on a drive in order to install it (thats the base game and all current DLC).

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

By comparison, I also have 'No Mans Sky' installed, which uses procedurally generated content... after many updates and patches since 2016, its a 10GB install. Crazy, eh.

i was more refering to the hardware/software requirements, but yeah file size verse what the game is, is huge.   still lag issues though when you hit a heavily player populated system (actual players online in that system, not their structures). i.e. when they first started the community events, the lag in some of the systems was just horrible on the console.

Archived