Dumb things you've done in ark

Kodking194

dumb things you've done in ark

so i am not sure if there is a thread like this but basicly i would love to hear or possibly watch dumb things people have done in ark. i have a few on my list

. tried to fight a giga with a 20ish man tribe with only primitive weapons and tames

. dismounting off a rex in mid dragon fight

. eating max lvl wyvern egg

. trying to raid a base by hiding in a giga egg

. jumping into rag's volcanoe

. dismounting off an bird into rag's volcanoe

may i continue. dont feel scared or afraid to share. u can guarantee people will laugh with you

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So on my server, you can die and you have an hour to go get the body or bag.

Anyways, this guy on my server figured that the time a body remains, is the same time on a bag you drop on the floor. So, the bag lasted 5 minutes and he changed servers quickly. By the time he came back, the bag was gone.

dog smile GIF

Like as if the two are the same.

I liked to punch Apex creatures. I knew I'd die but I always went in naked. 

One time I seen a Giga trapped in an enclosure so I snuck in and punched it. I of course was killed but then a death message for my top statted male vulture popped up.

I forgot I had pick him up after breeding. None of the eggs popped his stats so I lost my 1200 hp, 414 melee breed line. Lol

i was screwing around on singal player on rag. i was in infinite stats. i saw a giga and figured i gonna punch him out or to death. i had not leveled my self in health cause i tough infinite stats worked like god mod but with all your stats. i went over and punched him. he insta killed me. it took bout 10 attempts before i realized infinite stats rapidly regens your stats. so a creature or fall strong enough can kill you on infinite stats. i felt so stupid yet enlightened.

i was breeding gigas and had spent 5 hours straight breeding for cyan or red colours. finally got a bright solid red colour. but it was stuck in some other baby gigas. i got my rifle out and tried to kill them. i got to the last one and the red baby was still stuck. i aimed at the wild baby and shot...

i killed both somehow. i was so angry i raged and quit for a week. wouldn't be the first time. and wont be the last

1. first fight with brood mother ever and attempted to do it with raptors
  2. trying to fist punch a bat that had rabies.
  3. sliding down the volcano on the island on the south side thinking i'd be safe when i stopped, instead insta-died.
  4. attempted to kill a rex with my anky, we both died a quick and painful death.
  5. dying 10 times in a row trying to retrieve my gear from a alpha rex.

- Falling into Ragnarok's volcano by accident (and facing 20k damage)
- Accidentally hitting E on a max level Wyvern egg and eating it instead of hitting O to drop it... :( bye-bye level 190 Fire Wyvern... after my transfer to PC...
- Fat fingering my E key while flying a Pteranodon... also after my transfer to PC...
- Accidentally hitting J, the default "whistle all follow" key... also happened when I was new to PC. I unbound it very quickly afterwards.
- Failing to jump the pitfalls in the Island's Skylord artifact cave...
- Forgetting about said pitfalls in that cave...
- Jumping one too many times on a Managarmr and getting disintegrated by the skybox on The Island...
- Attempting to kill a wild level 30 Giga with a tamed level 200+ Giga... (A friend said I should put that since it was his fault when he was a bit new to the game)
- Trying to steal a Wyvern egg with an Argentavis in the old school way after the flyer nerf... we both died a slow and painful death. I somehow managed to retrieve the egg.
These were just silly ones I could recall from my time of playing ARK since December 2015.

22 minutes ago, caleb68 said:
  1. first fight with brood mother ever and attempted to do it with raptors
  2. trying to fist punch a bat that had rabies.
  3. sliding down the volcano on the island on the south side thinking i'd be safe when i stopped, instead insta-died.
  4. attempted to kill a rex with my anky, we both died a quick and painful death.
  5. dying 10 times in a row trying to retrieve my gear from a alpha rex.

can i ask what gave u the idea to fight the broodmother with raptors?

i have also tried fist fighting rabied bats. did not end well for the entire tribe.

i was once dared to jump off the islands volcanoe. i parachuted into the redwoods where i was "touched" by a thyla.

i have also died countles times trying to recover a body

For fun moments, like I said above, just punch those Apex creatures.

I've punched everything. Golem, Deathworm, Manticore, Brood, Ape, Dragon, Rockwell, Reaper Queen, Basilisk, Giga, Titanosaur, Forest Titan, Ice Titan, All the Alpha Variants except Squid.

Think Alpha Squid,  Desert Titan and King Titan are only things left on my list.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

For fun moments, like I said above, just punch those Apex creatures.

I've punched everything. Golem, Deathworm, Manticore, Brood, Ape, Dragon, Rockwell, Reaper Queen, Basilisk, Giga, Titanosaur, Forest Titan, Ice Titan, All the Alpha Variants except Squid.

Think Alpha Squid,  Desert Titan and King Titan are only things left on my list.

sounds fun, may i join u??

i remember when alphas first came out we spent hours trying to knock out an alpha raptor and  tame it. once we learnt they are not tamable i was so annoyed. cause my friend told me they were. i he was the next thing i knocked out. i was busy teabagging and feeding him poop to realise the raptor woke up and it killed us.

5 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

ah yes, the golden age, when you climbed up the bum of a big foot to ride it... thats one thing I don't miss lol....
444163482F88731AD20D3F413186659F035B6D05

hehehee, i remember back when passive tames was a thing, people were very confused, especialy when the monkey turned out to be aggresive. then when it was figured out, people though u had to put berries up their bum. that made me laugh so hard

The early Mesopithecus was even better... They always died whilst running away in fear. ? I don't know if it's true but I heard that their stamina went down and they just starved to death.

On topic: I was breeding Spinos for best parent-stats and somehow missed a mutation. After two long days I finally saw it and just had to tame more females again because I killed the original. ?

this was back in the old days of ark. i was perched on a cliff over looking a base. we were raiding them for loot and resources. with my trusty longneck and argent i was scouting out the base. i had was to shoot anyone i saw within the base. riley told me he was running into the base to set C4's. he said to cover me. he was wearing green riot armor to camo. i spotted someone with flak running across the base. i took my shot and boom.

you killed riley lvl 89

i was confused. riley was wearing green riot armor when we started the raid. i shot someone wearing flak armour. next thing i hear is riley swearign and screaming at me. why the #### did u shoot me u ####### idiot. i was still confused. next thing i see is someone running over to the body from the direction of the base. i quickly aim and shoot. this time i killed the target. riley quickly ran in and looted his body and the enemie's. a while into the raid we had succeeded and riley was making a get away. now keep in mind this was before flier nerf so fliers were fast. riley mounted onto his argent, the hostiles mounted onto theirs and chased him. i was sniping them. one down, another down, one more gone. there was two left. they caught up to riley and started attacking him they were circling eachother. i disabled hud to allow for a better aim. i took the shot. and guess what happened. i killed riley's bird. he deploys a shoot and starts gliding. i quickly aim at the hostiles. i quickly shot one. last one. as i was ready to shoot he pick up riley. it was now too dangerous to shoot them as riley was in the line of fire. i waited for them to land. he dropped riley in a cage. as he landed i shot him. i jumped on the bird and sped down there. picked up riley and fled the scene. that was one of the few times when i stuffed up a raid. 

The forgotten dinos annoy me more than they should... not sure why. With the offline protection I can't simply "clean" them off.

Someone left their parasaur on turret mode to a place where I had to spend a lot of time and the warning sound irritated me after an hour enough to grab it with argentavis. I of course thought of tossing it to the sea at first but then I realized I know where the guy has build so I flew there and placed the parasaur on the top of their base.

I think it was a little funny but just not enough so now I'm going to build a lost & found and just stack everything and everyone there I find lying around. :)

I accidentally threw one of my poor jerboas down off my mount and he got smooshed by a rock gollum in just one second. And when I was a newbie I thought I would attack a bronto with a spear LOL then I was like "no biggie I can just keep running back after I die and respawn at my bed and wear it down over time!" (it was not far from my base, no this story is not going in the direction you think it is) so I go charging out there with my spear and start jabbing it, its like a level 8 and murders me in no time cause I had like cloth armor. So then I respawn, run out and get my stuff and start jabbing it again. Of course it kills me AGAIN and BOOM. My bed was not there for me to spawn in at. I started panicking because I thought I broke my game and I was lost from my base forever. I didn't know that beds had a cooldown and I only had the one lol.

Spent my first like 30-45minutes trying to figure out where the stones are and how to pick them up. Everything I read online was like harvest a stone harvest a tree make a pick and so on, But I was like how TF do I get stone? Looking up videos, googling like crazy and not finding the answer.

This is on xbox and the problem was I was expecting like most game that either A or X is the main interact button and since A was to jump and O was to open inventory I was slamming X like crazy and nothing was happening.. Only to realize the button I should of been pressing was Y.. Like seriously who makes Y the interact button? That poop baffled me. lol

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Dumb things you've done in ark

Archived