Dumb things you've done in ark

Kodking194

1:

I send my wolfpack (7) in magmasaur cave so i could get eggs while they distracted the magma's. Well let just say my tribe log turned red within 5 mins. Use a kangeroo people.

2:

Tried to kill desert titan with quetz platform/giga strategy, but didn't seal my riders box well, so i lost the quetz, giga was alive tough.

3: 

Decided to start breeding ferox lines.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunted down 9 of those thieving birds with my crossbow to see how bad my hit registration really is...

~184 arrows stuck to the birds, 43 arrows missed because of my aim and only 10 arrows actually hit and killed all but one bird in a single shot.

Never should have done this because now I don't feel like playing any more ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Kodking194 said:

so found an awesome looking 150 argent the other day on my singal player, my brother forced my to let him join, as i was tranqing the bird, he sees it attacking me, grabs a shotty and insta kills it. welp, the mistake here, is dont let ur stupid brother play split screen

Ouch, my bro came in, and he dosent play ark much, he held e on a foundation and went “what’s this do” then pressed it and I lost like 8 stone walls, a stone ceiling and a stone foundation..... and also a grinder that I just got! Soooo, that sucked! Also I only got back the materials for only half a stone foundation!.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:45 AM, Balsjak said:

Hunted down 9 of those thieving birds with my crossbow to see how bad my hit registration really is...

~184 arrows stuck to the birds, 43 arrows missed because of my aim and only 10 arrows actually hit and killed all but one bird in a single shot.

Never should have done this because now I don't feel like playing any more ?

I can not hit them when they aren’t aggroed on me, but if the attack I some how alway hit them, and not just that, in the head, using a bow or a cross bow, in my probably terrible opinion I’m pretty good with the crossbow

I tried to get silica pearls on an icky I just tamed with 150 o2, and got off, stared collecting perals and then see jelly’s heading for my tame, I then proceed to think I can get three more shells, and then ride my icky, then go a foot torwds them on acadent then turn around, and STING! Me my icky, and all my stuff are gone in 5 seconds! That was my only water tame at the time...

All these are thing I done long ago when I started playing ark.

1: I lived on herbie Island on mt first world ever ( didn't know what it was at the time ) I thought ark was the easiest thing ever then I moved to the mainland. I was playing with my brother and first thing we encountered was an alpha raptor ( We thought it was a regular one didn't know what an alpha was ) it killed everything and person/dino we had so we lived in fear of raptors for a long time after that. ( we had dino count down so we didn't encounter them often ) So whenever we saw one we moved base.

2: Tried to kill a titanosaur with an argy 

3: Attacked 7 paracers ( the big horse giraffe thing I done know how to spell it they live in swamp and on black sands ) to lead them to a rex to kill it on a pteranodon that had under 100 stamina ??‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

4: Tried to tame a yuty on foot after they were added.

5: Tried to use a frog to kill 4 high lvl trikes 

6: Tried to kill a Therizino with some dilos 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:02 PM, Kodking194 said:

so found an awesome looking 150 argent the other day on my singal player, my brother forced my to let him join, as i was tranqing the bird, he sees it attacking me, grabs a shotty and insta kills it. welp, the mistake here, is dont let ur stupid brother play split screen

Iv got to give mom a dummy gun just to make sure I don't get head shotted XD

I came back to Ark after a 3 month break. Started on the Island SP. Gave myself a tek skiff because taming things on singleplayer is hell. Have only an Allo (not saddled bc I'm too lazy to gather resources) and a Moschops.

Jump off skiff, forgetting to land it. Realize that I either have to build up off the ground to reach my skiff or tame a ptera the old-fashioned way to get up to my skiff because I don't have a bed on there I can just respawn from. I choose the "easier option": aka chasing after pternadons and trying to bait them into becoming my friend.

Should mention I'm on the black sand beaches between the Volcano and the Redwoods. Yeah. That area.

Pros: there's lots of pteras around. There are some spots that are relatively safe to travel on the back of a Moschops on.

Cons: There are obviously some spots that are not safe. Also Rexes. Lots and lots of rexes.

Find my first ptera. Tranq it out. All is good. I have meat in its inventory and since its low level and my taming speed is up high I can just sit around waiting for it to tame. Then, I hear a roar while waiting for it to tame and, oh man, there's a rex coming straight towards me! I only have a Moschops to ride on and a lvl. 115 allo (not saddled and with no bleed bc no allies) so I book it out of there, watching with sadness as my lvl. 25 fodder flier is killed.

Okay. Well. I'll just tranq another lizard bird then.

So I do just that, going further up the read to the little ledge air that towers over the Redwoods beach. Knock out a ptera, keep an eye on my surroundings for Rexes, hoping that the three rexes on all sides of me (in the forest, on the ledge to my right and on the other part of the beach to my left) won't spot me and come from my ptera. I forget to pay attention to the one on the left, thinking it too far away to ever come towards me. Watch it come around the rocks on the beach and wade through shallow waters to attack my potential tame. I send my allo after it in revenge. 

My allo, thankfully, killed it. At the cost of remaining at like only 100 Hp. So, like, frick. My only source of protection is about to die and my Moschops can't do jack. Make an attempt to get back to my skiff while it's in a relatively safe area and, surprise surprise, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and, BOOM, here comes this giant murder chicken out of literal nowhere.

Suffice to say my allo and moschops and me died to a theriz and all hopes of getting back up to my skiff were lost that day

When I tamed my first and only rock elemental, I, on only the second day of having it, went to the Boreal forest with it. I was killing stuff, nothing could hurt the elem all that much, so when I spotted a low-level alpha raptor I tried to kill it without much thought. Only... I had no practice with using elementals, you see. I was experienced at killing alpha dinos, but only with my rex, who had a considerably higher damage and health. Yes, I went into close combat. You know, as if I was riding the rex.

So there was, making my elemental punch the raptor. It was starting to get bloody, things were fine. Then a high-level saber walked too close and got punched and aggroed. Okay, no big deal! Then another, much higher level alpha raptor that I didn't notice before went close. And got punched. And aggroed.

Then my elemental ran out of stamina.

Then we died.

Playing with 2 friends - all quite newbies.

• First time I got rabies from bats. "Is that poop contageous?" - "no". 5 seconds later we all had it and I died because the timer reset~
  • Tribe-Mate used to accidentally eat poop and die form that
  • Dismounting flyers by accident
  • Took 2 hours to lead an army of 50 dinos towards the Broodmother on Valguero. Took the first 10 dinos 20 seconds and the Broodmother was dead...

I send my wolfpack (7) in magmasaur cave so i could get eggs while they distracted the magma's. Well let just say my tribe log turned red within 5 mins. Use a kangeroo people.

I guess my wolfpack (15) did a bit better than yours, at least they cleared the dragons before dying to lava :D

Dropped some of my good gear in a bag while popcorning to my gacha to avoid my good gear being eaten, only to forget I had dropped the bag and have it despawn.  Ascendent gear gone :(

Fed my tek helmet to a gacha too.

Had about 20k ingots stolen from a dedi storage as I didn't realize that a single dedi can be destroyed after 12 hours :(

Long ago when I first started and got my first rex, was probably around lvl 50 or something like that. Walked it around my base and saw a diplo half in a forest treeline that I wanted to try out my brand new rex on. Started chompin on its butt, then after like 30 seconds I was like why isnt this diplo dying, then I was like wait why is my rex so hurt, I thought diplos didnt do damage? Then my rex died and I realized it wasnt a diplo but a lvl 150 bronto smackin the ish out of my rex.

At that time I found it hard to distinguish between diplos and brontos so it was a sad day.

Then Much later I had just finished raising a boss army of rexes, nothing too crazy but good enough to kill some of the island bosses. I took out 9 of them to level them up while doing a meat run. Ran straight into a giga, since it was already like 5 feet from me when I saw it I figured I should try to just brute force it rather than try to run. My rexes started getting bloody while the giga was not, tried to run and watched as it chased down all of my rexes 1 by 1 and killed all 9.

Ive had many more dumb things happen since then but those were some real bob issues lol

Archived