Dumb things you've done in ark

Kodking194

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much any time I decide to do something impulsively qualifies as a dumb thing. Because it usually means I'm not prepared, haven't scouted the area and don't have an animal that can properly handle the situation. Slightly less mitigated with cryopods, but not by much.

Also, any time I decide to tame a bear is usually a bad time. I'm sure everyone has that one animal that's an unreasonably difficult to tame, for me it's bears.

The number of times I've been pounced by purlovias in my excitement to hit a red drop in the snow is way higher than it should be.

It's been a while, but in the beginning days of the early access, when no wiki or reliable information was out...
- Didn't knew how to keep a tame uncouncious, so we were shooting it with tranq arrows as required....
- Eating narcoberries...
- Freaking out the first time you see a rex...
- Opening my mouth in global chat & KoS everything and everyone....
- Dismounting mid-air without a parachute....
- Caving without proper gear.... (old cave models had plenty of invisible walls/cliffs)
- Some idiot in our tribe suggested the idea that creatures could only be level 30 max (wild/tamed levels included) and thus we wasted hours taming lvl 1 garbages.

Gonna take some stick for this one I suspect, 6424 hours in Ark and this genuinely happened last night, copying this from our Discord...

Playing Ark when you're tired is never a good idea... I just teleported down to the desert crystal cave with my Wyvern, knowing I'd need to cryo it and un cryo it to get it out of the cave, fine, done that loads of times before. Cryo'd it, ran out of the cave, threw the cryopod... cryosicknes, still had a timer up from uncryoing an animal in base before I tp'd

however....

my stupidity gets worse...

Oh s*** I thought, I need something to protect it til it wakes up I thought, so I threw my Argy out too... cryosickness... 

And no, I'm not kidding... I need sleep

unknown.png

?

A couple:

Beginner at the game.  Wanted to see more than dodos, dilos,  and parasaurs.  Built a raft. Went exploring AT NIGHT,  where I can barely see anything.  Hear strange noises. Get off safety of raft to investigate.  Baryonyx tailspins me, stuns me, crawls up on to the boat, and finishes me. Shut game off in anger, claiming it "discourages exploration"

...only to come back 30 mins later and realize I explore like an idiot and need to be more careful. A LOT more careful. 

Second one, happened two weeks ago:

On ragnarok. Tamed two high level megatheriums and a max level sabertooth. Decided to carry the sabertooth and lead the megas on my argyle, rather than do the smart thing and get them saddles first. What's the worst that could happen!?

Yuty and carnos. That's what. Won the scuffle, but one of my megas is almost dead. Lesson learned? OF COURSE NOT! IMPATIENCE, baby! Keep going. No more scuffles. Then enter forest. Winnie the Pooh and Paddington are having a family reunion.  "Oh god, please don't aggro my megatheriums!"

One mega brushes up against a bear. 

Roses are red, violets are blue. 

Your butt is getting kicked by Winnie the Pooh!

Pooh goes after mega,  who is on passive. Paddington, Ted, and Ruxpin join the fray with a few brothers/sisters/cousins. Whistle neutral in a vain attempt to fight back, but two megas with no saddle or bug buff vs 5+ bears? R.I.P. megas.

But wait,  there's more! 

Rage out and drop sabertooth, then attack with argy. We can finish them off.

I was faced with the choice of a long walk home or loading an older snapshot save. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Dumb things you've done in ark

After thousands of hours played in ARK, I still had a big dummy moment this 4th of July.

Get home and see that the Summer Bash event is going on. I want to get some colored Wyverns, so I jump on my wyvern and fly into the wyvern cove cave on Rag, grabbing all the eggs. I was on a boosted cluster and my Fire Wyvern was OP as heck, so no worries.

Suddenly "You were killed by a xxx Poison Wyvern"

(oops, I had forgot to equip my tek helmet.)

Spawn back at base,  go to grab another Tek suit. That when I remember that prior to today, i had been moving stuff in my base vaults, and had all my tek suits in my inventory.

So quick make a suit and jump on a Ptera, since I don't have any other wyverns on Rag (all were on other maps, at the time) I get into the cave, and my wyvern is still tanking like a champ, but he is on passive, and I cannot get him to come to me, since I did not grab a back up spyglass. SO I have to fly closer to whistle him.

I get too close and die again, (and ptera)

Repeat and because I was in a hurry I once again forget spyglass, so I die (and ptera)

This time I get fully loaded up, and go back again. I get to close to my wyvern, but he won't come to me. Then I remember I have him on ignore group whistles, and I have a different dino tame group activated. I jump off my ptera and run to my wyvern, just as I am pressing the button to mount the wyvern, he dies. Then I die (again)

At this point I just said Dilo it, and cut my losses. Figure I could always make some more tek suits and tools, weapons , etc.

The next day I realize that I had been using my wyvern as a mule to move between bases, and he too was filled with resources and and equipment, including cryopoded dinos and element.

Lesson learned : ALWAYS check you inventory and that of your dino before heading out on an adventure. Remove any unneeded/valuable stuff, and only take with you what you are prepared to lose.

ok so now the halloween even is active i want to hea rbout halloween or any event stories, normal stories are also welcome. i will start off.

so back when the first fear event came out, me and my freinds played on official back then and we organised for the entire server to gather and fight the dodo rex, anything that was considered a combat mount back then was used in the fight so from dilos all the way to rexes and brontos. possibly over 100 tames were used. so we all whistled onto the dodorex. in a matter on minutes everythign was dead. so we sent in any flier we had. they all died aswell. so then us players went in, players carrying team mates on pteras shooting rocket at it. day came and not a scratch. so the entire server was basically dead and the dodorex did not die from us but from the day time. we all hurried to tame what ever combat tames we could find. after three ingame days of mass speed taming we had another full army. bigger than before,  but most likely not stronger. round 2 came and we devised a plan, send tanky creatures in to draw and tank the dodorex, send big hitters in to kill it. send fliers in for extra help. we lost again. we said screw the dodorex lets just eave him. kinda hard when he is right next to your base

On 10/10/2019 at 1:22 AM, Truthgamer10055 said:

and fight king titan without being prepared

Yep.

After we smashed the Desert, Ice, and Forest Titans with our Mana's we were like, let's be the first on the server to beat the King. 

6 of us took our Mana's. We lost every one from that first power punch. Lol

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

After thousands of hours played in ARK, I still had a big dummy moment this 4th of July.

Get home and see that the Summer Bash event is going on. I want to get some colored Wyverns, so I jump on my wyvern and fly into the wyvern cove cave on Rag, grabbing all the eggs. I was on a boosted cluster and my Fire Wyvern was OP as heck, so no worries.

Suddenly "You were killed by a xxx Poison Wyvern"

(oops, I had forgot to equip my tek helmet.)

Spawn back at base,  go to grab another Tek suit. That when I remember that prior to today, i had been moving stuff in my base vaults, and had all my tek suits in my inventory.

So quick make a suit and jump on a Ptera, since I don't have any other wyverns on Rag (all were on other maps, at the time) I get into the cave, and my wyvern is still tanking like a champ, but he is on passive, and I cannot get him to come to me, since I did not grab a back up spyglass. SO I have to fly closer to whistle him.

I get too close and die again, (and ptera)

Repeat and because I was in a hurry I once again forget spyglass, so I die (and ptera)

This time I get fully loaded up, and go back again. I get to close to my wyvern, but he won't come to me. Then I remember I have him on ignore group whistles, and I have a different dino tame group activated. I jump off my ptera and run to my wyvern, just as I am pressing the button to mount the wyvern, he dies. Then I die (again)

At this point I just said Dilo it, and cut my losses. Figure I could always make some more tek suits and tools, weapons , etc.

The next day I realize that I had been using my wyvern as a mule to move between bases, and he too was filled with resources and and equipment, including cryopoded dinos and element.

Lesson learned : ALWAYS check you inventory and that of your dino before heading out on an adventure. Remove any unneeded/valuable stuff, and only take with you what you are prepared to lose.

Almost as bad as the time i got killed by my own dragon 16 times in one day before relizing they can hurt you with the breath then further destoyed all of kapros from by breeding project that was almost done

Number of things:

-Eating fert eggs, happened more than once

-demolishing something that I thought wasn't supporting anything(hint: half the base fell down including lots of full fridges)

-Uncryo things when still having cryosickness(lost more than 1 imprinted giga at ext drops)

-fly into lava to see what would happen

-a lot more

• 5 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, Kodking194 said:

. eating max lvl wyvern egg

I decided to start breeding big time.....first a couple sheep, then a high lvl yuty, and I had a colorfull argy I wanted to see if I could get to cross over to next gen.....Mom wanted in on it and got her egg into the incubator first.....all my stuff was gonna pop after hers, but she panicked when her egg popped and 3 argies came out....in a blind panic, she picked up one of my yuty eggs and in a hurry, tried to toss it back

she ate the yuty egg and then grabbed the other two eggs. STILL spazeing I told her to stop
take a breath
pull the left trigger on the eggs in her inventory.

She took a breath, calmed down, ate the rest of the eggs.

In the process of this mess, both sheep babies starved to death. x.x Yep.....but now we have 3 full grown lvl 5 argies for mom XD

Archived