Dumb things you've done in ark

Kodking194

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was so far back i cant rember what version of ark ti would have been when this happened. riley had gotten xbox gold for the first time in a long time, so we could play online again. we first thing we done was look for a cool server. riley told me bout the cool new servers called non dedicated servers he had heard about. so we set the servers to non-ded and pick the one with about 15 people on. we join and log onto it. so we join and we on the north beach of the island. right acoss from carno island. as soon as i log in i am gobsmacked. a huge base with tons of people in. so many people in one place. so we go into the base (had a giant entrance and exit) and ask if we can join the tribe.  they say i can but riley couldn't, so i ask why cant riley join, they said for reasons. riley said to not worry. so i said u sure and he said it was fine. so i joined the tribe and they showed me around. turns out alot of it was spawned in. so i aks were the crafting room is so i can make wepaons. i look at the blue prints. they had asc everyhting. so i make 2 of everyhting i made. flak, pump, fab pistol, longneck, sniper. basicly every op gun.  i run out of the base and start looking for riley. i find him sitting in a thatch hut bout as close to the base as he coulr get. i gave him the gear and told him to gear up. i latter became an admin so i invited riley to the tribe. after an hour we were getting bored. so i decided  to ask if we could all go to carno island. the dude in charge said yeah. so we built a fleet of rafts and made out way. riley and i played the war drums on our way over. when we got their the admins picked their groups. the goal was to find everything on the list: a rex arm, argent foot, shark tooth and an alpha item, so a trophy from and alpha. we managed to gun down a rex and take its arms. next was the agents. it was hard cause a team had aready shot down what few argents there were. so we traveled to the far side. the we found not only and argent but also an alpha carno. we all freak and grapple to the giant rock formation. we i equiped my rocket launcher and fired it. it hit a rock and kill all of us. we told everyone what happened. we all laughed and screwed around after. so what hapened was i murdured my entire team when i was trying to blow up ana lpha carno

I was flying on a ptero in the val wyvern trench (the underground portion thats super hot), already a big mistake, and ran out of stamina. You know what happened next. The most painful thing about it was that there were no wyverns in the cave. 

Another time i spawned in on a server on rag and the first creature i saw was a unicorn. It was like level 82 or something and so i decided i would 100% be taming that (being an experienced player) but with only mejos, since at the time there were allo packs next to all the carrot spawns. That tame took me an hour and a half and i couldn't look away for more than 3 seconds. But alas, i finally tamed a unicorn. I was going to run it to the obelisk to transfer to my home server, which, to my misfortune, went in a downward spiral. First, a purlovia jumped out at me, which aggro'd some carnos. I died, so i attempted to make my way back, only to run into a giga, then tried once again, and as soon as i came back, 3 terror f*****s killed it. 

Now, i have 3 unicorns ive all tamed myself and transferred. All of which are male. The unicorn i tamed then was female. I still hate myself for that.

1 hour ago, FantasyDragon0 said:

I was flying on a ptero in the val wyvern trench (the underground portion thats super hot), already a big mistake, and ran out of stamina. You know what happened next. The most painful thing about it was that there were no wyverns in the cave. 

Another time i spawned in on a server on rag and the first creature i saw was a unicorn. It was like level 82 or something and so i decided i would 100% be taming that (being an experienced player) but with only mejos, since at the time there were allo packs next to all the carrot spawns. That tame took me an hour and a half and i couldn't look away for more than 3 seconds. But alas, i finally tamed a unicorn. I was going to run it to the obelisk to transfer to my home server, which, to my misfortune, went in a downward spiral. First, a purlovia jumped out at me, which aggro'd some carnos. I died, so i attempted to make my way back, only to run into a giga, then tried once again, and as soon as i came back, 3 terror f*****s killed it. 

Now, i have 3 unicorns ive all tamed myself and transferred. All of which are male. The unicorn i tamed then was female. I still hate myself for that.

i have never bothered with unicorns, i have summoned them in on my singal play world for my sisters to play with but never used them myslef, i also never knew u could breed them

The stupidest things I have done would be 

beating alpha broodmother and ape and being like alpha dragon can’t be much harder right (all my Rexes insta die)

Fighting manticore unprepared

and fight king titan without being prepared

and Rockwell too 

also thinking megatheriums are not op

and going into the wasteland with crossbows

Fighting alpha dragon on island with a team of rexes ( 800 melee ) + yuti with. 60% saddles . And make the arena as if I were in Ragnarok . 

No need to say half died on lava , other by dragon + lava and I ended up hiding behind a wall , cowardly begging to not die , waiting for the arena timer ends , without knowing I would die anyway ???

those were the days ?

i love arena stories. so i was on island on singal player preping to do bossfight. i had done brrod and monkey nd dragon was next. i was out loot hunting and i get an OP rocket launcher. i decide to use it in the dragon fight. so i crafted 5 and took everything to the ob. i deadon, 1 yuty, 17 rexes and my blood red thyla. we spawn into the arena and i do the usual. whistle them on the dragon and let them do their thing. i start pelting rockets at the drogon from behind him. i think this is goin great then on the next shot. boom...

five rexes dead and i realise the others are getting bloody. i freak out and stop shooting. i figure time to get my hands dirty. i charge in on crimson cat and start hitting. bad idea. thyla on low health and the rexes were almost dead. i run away and cryo crimson. now only 3 rexes are left. one by one they die. and well u know what happens next.

23 hours ago, PFM said:

And you still lost? I have never tried witha  normal tamed giga,  maybe it HAS to be an imprinted one to win. 

It wasn't imprinted. Nowadays me and him know it has to be an imprinted Giga to win in a fight like that.
Though Gigas aren't the safest method of killing other Gigas. Griffins, Wyverns, etc seem to work the best.

Deciding to pump move speed as my main stat and ignoring hp. I can just about outrun anything wild short of a select few alpha dinos but it comes with the downside of dying from fall damage every time I dismount on a slope (The faster your character the further you're sent when you dismount). I can say its the cause of 95% of my deaths but I refuse to change that.

2 hours ago, MDwesman said:

Stupid things we have all done in ark in our noob ages, NUMBER ONE underestimate therys 

oh gosh what is that thing, it has huge claws

that thing is huge

hmmm its not attacking those other dinos 

oh its picking berries it must be a herbivore  

I think its friendly I’m going to take a closer look 

Bob - Lvl 1 was killed by a Therizinosaur - Lvl 99999999999999

NUMBER TWO terror birds are just raptors

heh I’m pretty good at this game, raptors cant mess with me 

I’m gona go exploring 

ooooo redwoods

hah look at those ugly birds down there running

Im gona teach em whos boss

(lands down) 

(terror bird army) TARGET SIGHTED

they just keep coming out the forrest like ants

Bob - Lvl 6 was killed by a Terror Bird - Lvl 67

NUMBER THREE yummy blue berries 

ok I need to eat some food

hmm all these berries have bright colors that means they are poisonous 

heh me have big brain

ooo blueberrys , they cant be poisonous

CONSUMED 50 NARCOBERRIES 

(falls asleep)

huh wut

(Ants) TARGET SPOTTED 

Bob - Lvl 1 was killed by a Titanomyrma - Lvl 1

i remember in the early day of my ark gameplay riley and i were playing on a server. this was one of our first times playing online. we spawned on the beach and made stone picks and some cloth. we are strolling down the beack when riley spots something standing there. he say lets go check it out. so we get close enough and its a raptor. i say to leave it. we recently watched jurrasic world so riley though he was owen. he slowly approached the raptor. and we all know what happened next. i stopped playing ark for a while and when the theri was added i was like cool a gant turkey. i had tamed a trike in the hidden oasis on the island and i was waitting for riley to fly to me. i was killing things and i went into the dense part of the forest. i though i was fighting a chali cause the tv i was playing on had no sound. trike was nearly dead when i fanally killed what i was fighting. turned out to be a high lvl theri. i almost died to a giant chcken. btw i could also not see what i was fighting. it was night and i had no torch.

On an unofficial pvp server i found a wild 150 alpha rex. i spent probably 20 to 30 mins trying to lure it into an enemy base. 20 to 30 mins is to much time when i think about it. I did eventually get banned by the admin for attacking the same base after. xD

On a pve server i got my brother's mammoth killed by a turtle over a span of 1 to 2 mins of panicking. Haha! This is when i first started other wise i would have saved the mammoth no problem. xD

On official pvp i placed 5 c4 on a unconscious frog that was in the process of being tamed. Pressed detonate when taming player was back and ready to feed some meat to the beelzebufo. Haha! Since there is no message of who you are killed by when getting smoked by c4 the player was all pissed and started talking global saying come out and have no fear. Lol I never said it was me but it was funny.

Funniest was not me but my tribe leader for official pvp. We were waiting for some hookups with friends of my tribeleader to deliver slot caps of heavy turrets, ammo, and building structures. I guess my tribeleader mistaked a random griefer into our tribe. So funny in discord hearing my tribeleader saying, " WHAT YOU DOING???!!!" The random player demolished out tek transmitter and jumped off the cliff of our base. xD

Last was when my two tribemates successfully knocked out a titanoboa with their fist while it fought back. The snake slept my tribemates but somehow my tribemates came out on top with out resting in peace. xD

13 minutes ago, metaln8 said:

On an unofficial pvp server i found a wild 150 alpha rex. i spent probably 20 to 30 mins trying to lure it into an enemy base. 20 to 30 mins is to much time when i think about it. I did eventually get banned by the admin for attacking the same base after. xD

On a pve server i got my brother's mammoth killed by a turtle over a span of 1 to 2 mins of panicking. Haha! This is when i first started other wise i would have saved the mammoth no problem. xD

On official pvp i placed 5 c4 on a unconscious frog that was in the process of being tamed. Pressed detonate when taming player was back and ready to feed some meat to the beelzebufo. Haha! Since there is no message of who you are killed by when getting smoked by c4 the player was all pissed and started talking global saying come out and have no fear. Lol I never said it was me but it was funny.

Funniest was not me but my tribe leader for official pvp. We were waiting for some hookups with friends of my tribeleader to deliver slot caps of heavy turrets, ammo, and building structures. I guess my tribeleader mistaked a random griefer into our tribe. So funny in discord hearing my tribeleader saying, " WHAT YOU DOING???!!!" The random player demolished out tek transmitter and jumped off the cliff of our base. xD

Last was when my two tribemates successfully knocked out a titanoboa with their fist while it fought back. The snake slept my tribemates but somehow my tribemates came out on top with out resting in peace. xD

i have also in the past led alphas into enemy bases. i led an alpha rex carno and raptor into a base on the island. took for ever to get all three to a base below a cliff. i done it for the lols. sooo funny. i recorded it aswell. also how the hell did a mammoth die to a turtle. once while on a rag server. someone had managed to knock out three gigas on the highlands and was taming them. it was someone who was a troll on the server. riley another friend and i all placed 50 C4 near each one. when he returned we set them off. it was spectacular. flying gigas everywhere. the dude was so angry he spammed the entire highlands with pillars.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Dumb things you've done in ark

Archived