Unlimited Storage Time In Obelisk

EzekielAmann

Suggestion

Unlimited Storage Time In Obelisk

So I play Official PvP, SmallTribes. Naturally it's a wasteland besides Alpha bases, which even those seem to get wiped if you aren't in the political circle.

This I have no problem with, I actually enjoy it. However I'm a career age adult and have responsibilities outside the game and cannot dedicate my every waking minute to the game which, you pretty much have to do if you want to play Ark.

The slot cap in the Obelisk is 50. Which I find to be MORE than sufficient and I'm happy with it. I could keep my gear, my items, prefab projects I'm working on, and most important tames... Etc etc. The issue is the 24 hour timer. Literally 23:59:59 from the time you put it in, your stuff is deleted. And also since Official doesn't have server logging, even if you lose the stuff while playing to glitches, Wildcard can't/won't replace what you actually lost (but that's for another post).

My point is, it's literally impossible to have anything meaningful in this game where you have to work so much to achieve things. Anything that isn't on your character in a transfer, or in the Obelisk when you log off is probably NOT going to be there the next day when you log on. It doesn't matter how good your base defenses are, it doesn't matter how many bullets you've farmed, it doesn't matter that you've tripled foundations and walls, because raiders can find a way into ANY base with a little patience. If they can't get in through conventional means, or if that will take too long, they'll mesh their way in and you'll still lose everything not in the Obelisk.

The problem is, we need to be able to keep things in the Obelisk permanently without them being deleted. The danger of losing stuff is still there because you have to go retrieve it from a drop, a Transmitter, or the Obelisk itself and those are frequently camped. So just allowing players the ability to keep a stash isn't really a big ask. Because currently you have to dedicate your entire life to this game and it becomes a job, not a game. Sometimes I'd just like a few days with my family instead of having to plan everything around Ark. You would attract more players this way, and career age people like myself would even pay a premium charge for this service so Wildcard could be compensated for the extra work and server load on their end.

Since the Obelisk upload is account bound you are only looking at a max of 50 items per account, not character. But even if you're an Alpha tribe you can still be raided and lose everything not in the Obelisk. No other game I know of just deletes the stuff you have safe stored when not logged on for over 24 hours.

TLDR: Indefinite storage in the Obelisk is necessary to get more players into the game, and active. 50 Slot cap stays the same. Just need a way to where you don't have to dedicate your every waking thought to the game to still play it.

5 replies to this server topic

Then how exactly is the little guy supposed to be able to even play the game if he constantly loses everything while offline?

Just saying Alphas like you clearly are don't really have to worry about not being able to get stuff to play with. No base is safe, not even for a few hours, so then we HAVE to treat the Obelisk as storage. Vaults are easy to crack, and deep sea Vaults can be seen from a mile off when you change to low graphics on purpose, so hiding the is out of the question. 

Several Purlovia's, several Boxes hidden under a single foundation, raided looking bases. 

If you have to play small you have to spread out stuff. Maps are big so a lot of places to hide stuff.

Make cryo's to store your tames so the Parasaur carry can't find them. 

If you want to build a base with defenses then you need a multi time zoned tribe. 

The obelisk has so many issues and unlimited storing time just means your stuff is always safe even if you think drop traps provide a risk. 

Try ORP servers to accommodate your life. 

Archived