Do you need to play cluster maps to have fun on dlcs?

Skadin

Do you need to play cluster maps to have fun on dlcs?

Hey, i was wondering if dlcs are more fun on a cluster map for example completing the island bosses then moving on to scorched,then aberration and finally extinction.Instead of straight up starting again,as surely it is irritating putting in all those hours to just have to start again? 

1 hour ago, Skadin said:

Hey, i was wondering if dlcs are more fun on a cluster map for example completing the island bosses then moving on to scorched,then aberration and finally extinction.Instead of straight up starting again,as surely it is irritating putting in all those hours to just have to start again? 

As said previously, the challenge to start over can be fun!  But if you have your own clustered set of DLC maps you can finish one at a time and kinda move through the ARK story in a really sequenced way.  It would be tough because the TEK Cave is widely regarded as the most difficult of the ARK bossfights, but it would still be doable.  Also, blueprint availability with just playing on the Island can be tough.  SE has desert drops, Ab has surface drops, Ext has OSD loot.  But you gotta go cave-farming for decent BPs on island!  Like I said, still doable, just a nice challenge.  You could then carry most of your tames and stuff to the next server and defeat the bosses there, and so on and so forth, kinda like what you are saying.

I recommend cluster as well, because starting over and over again would mean you won't get to max level. With S+ it is essential because at lvl 135 you unlock pretty awesome QoL-stuff. :) 

And as mentioned before: if you play with other people or leave the cluster open (no password), make sure you disable dino transfer or allow ONLY transfer between your cluster!

clusters aren't needed, only need servers that have downloads and uploads enabled, that would allow you to transfer your dinos off of one server then onto another for the next dlc on unofficial servers.

if your running your own map, and your server host allows you to switch maps whenever you want, that helps too.  We were playing our last unofficial server and when we finished with one map we would upload the dinos we wanted to take with us, put the gear we were bringing on our character, shut down the server, switched which map it would load, and started playing again.  our characters and their inventory were transfered across automatically, and we just had to download our dinos. it was alot simpler then renting a server for each map, and sense we were only a group of 5, it was easy to get everyone set for the map change. 

Our server host was pingperfect.com 

Archived