Preparing for an element vein

IvyOfARK

Preparing for an element vein

I'm finally getting to mid-late game stages on extinction, and I'm deciding to try and take on some Element veins. I'm a bit worried with what can spawn, but here's my plan to take on a 10k-25k vein: 

Main Mount: Lvl 125 Enforcer 

Support group A: a small army of high level raptors, levelled only in melee and health (I should probably give them some stamina) 

Support group B: a group of high level Velonasaurs set to turret mode (aggressive) 

And for funsies, I might have a low level Spino on hand. 

Thoughts? Am I overpreparing, or should this be enough? Any recommended strategies?

Well on 10k u won't have any trouble, but with 25k u might struggle. On 25k u get racers, for yours dino that is a bit much hp to handle. 

My advice is go and tame any giga lvl 100+, with primitive saddle u will be just fine. Only problem for giga on 25k veins are arthropleura, dk meybe extra pump gun or one extra dino for them

2 hours ago, hud said:

Well on 10k u won't have any trouble, but with 25k u might struggle. On 25k u get racers, for yours dino that is a bit much hp to handle. 

My advice is go and tame any giga lvl 100+, with primitive saddle u will be just fine. Only problem for giga on 25k veins are arthropleura, dk meybe extra pump gun or one extra dino for them

Thank you! 

I tested out a 25k with just a 235 Wyvern for funsies. By the second wave there were Spinos and Racers, so I'll definitely take your advice there and grab a good Giga. 

That'll be a fun challenge considering I've only ever tamed a lvl 1 ?

• 3 weeks later...

The GamePedia announced that unridden dinoes hurts element veins. However, it's not yet tested.

Element Vein is a "horde" event, so it is highly advised to do it with your friends.

The followings are based on my single-player experience:

In my experience, it is hard to navigate on foot with big dino, because there are veins on the ground everywhere that acts like obstacles, so your preparation is great. Small, Medium creatures can navigate easily throughout the arena.

You've mentioned the element vein has 25k health, which means it is a medium vein that attracts corrupted creatures leveled between 30~90. The corrupted carno and raptor could be the biggest challenge as it spawns a lot in this case, so it is highly advised to use a powerful main mount, perhaps a Rex or a Yutyrannus, to deal with these annoying corrupted guys. Rex has more health, damage and attack speed, and Yuty can attract corrupted creature using its intimidation roar(Right Click) , protect your potential loots, and buff your support group.

Wooden Spike Wall is extremely effective in these horde events. You can always craft more of them using hide from local creatures, wood from trees and fibre from bushes. Use it like a consumable, not a structure.

- - - - - - - - - - 

Most of the guide will only give information for optimal cases. Always bring extra supply!

Don't feel sad if you have lost a dino or left a node being destroyed, as you don't have time during a battle.

See more about Element Vein: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Element_Node_(Extinction)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived