Rex on Valguero

Sinner333

They spawn all over the place. You can find them on flat ground in the chalkhills, near the beaver dams, on the coast near 50/50, near the metal mountain behind green (if your heading to the snow). Literally all over. I have had success finding tek rexs at the beaver dams and chalkhills, personally? Hope that helps.

Edit: I have not personally seen them anywhere in the snow biome or the wastelands and very rarely on the mountains in the redwoods.

Practically anywhere except the redwoods, the snow and the swamp. I'd suggest either the mountains northwest of Aberration Cave entrance, forest north of Green Obe near the water or the area around the lake south of Green Obe. Also spawn in the flat plains at the Chalk Cliffs. Make sure you build a trap, 4 stone dino gates and a large bear trap will be sufficient, place 3 gates in a square with one side missing, leave a bit of space between them in the corners or it will be too small, and set the large bear trap in the middle, have the Rex chase you into it and it will be immobilized a few seconds, place 4th gate in the gap behind the Rex and it's now trapped. Not necessarily the most resource-efficient trap and in order to reuse it you need to craft another stone dino gate and large bear trap (you need to demo 1 side to get your newly tamed Rex out), but its really easy to setup pretty much anywhere as long as there is a reasonably flat spot to build.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:44 AM, Beasted said:

They spawn all over the place. You can find them on flat ground in the chalkhills, near the beaver dams, on the coast near 50/50, near the metal mountain behind green (if your heading to the snow). Literally all over. I have had success finding tek rexs at the beaver dams and chalkhills, personally? Hope that helps.

Edit: I have not personally seen them anywhere in the snow biome or the wastelands and very rarely on the mountains in the redwoods.

Just starting this map. I looked all over for the beaver dams, but have not found them yet. About where are they? I've found the chalk hills.

9 hours ago, Beasted said:

They are near the green ob, in the lake between green and the center river. Probably around about 72 Long/57 Lat. 

They also spawn in the wastelands about 15 long/ 40 Lat. The ones in the wasteland can be rough, there is a lot kore dangerous stuff over there.

Ah, cool, thanks. I also thought about this a minute and realized if I look at the Castoroides wiki page, they show the two locations to find beaver on the map. BTW, I think that the gps shows coordinates as lat/long (also the resource and explorer maps) and not as long/lat like the ones in your post.

Looking at the map on the wiki page, it looks like the beaver are not in a lake or river, which might explain why I missed them. I'm going to look for these tonight.

Archived