Community Crunch 201: Mysterious Mysteries, On The Horizon, and Changes to the Code of Conduct

StudioWildcard

6 hours ago, Jhin7F said:

Oh, another sassy remark from someone who doesn't understand controlling the servers to that level isn't something Wildcard has access to do themselves. Before you say "pay for better servers", ARK's going to need a steady income (micro-transations) to keep those going. Then again, it depends on how strong the DDoS attack is.

They can get a steady cash flow and better servers all in 1 action. Offer Premium Servers for a fee, $10 local a Month. It will weed out the noobs who play for a day and quit, it will provide a steady cash stream and they will be able to afford better servers. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

The creature looks like it might be for underwater....at first glance!
Looking over the design, the long legs could be for climbing, and the flaps on the legs might be for gliding. We don't have many creatures that can do those things besides the Rock Drake, so would be nice to have a second glider.

On another note, I would love to see an option setting for servers to turn on seasonal events on consoles.

EDIT: Has anyone else got a "Pandora" vibe from all these creatures? 6 limbs, multiple eyes.

Edited by Jamerific
  • Like 1

I like the " effort" of WC to try to stop the cheaters... and ofc that need to be done ASAP. But wc should also make new servers.. or at least wipe all official pvp  to a fresh beguinning , because atm and after 2 years of dupe , mesh , aim..and spam breed fest ..its impossible for a new tribe to build a strong path . Atm ark is not appealing to new or old players that want to play again. 

It’s good to get an update on what’s going on with fixing exploits that people who can’t play the game and feel like they have to cheat.  As well that genius thing looks to be a tek saddle for the Karkinos, either that or a new insect that we don’t wanna run into in a dark cave alone......you would not return the same lol.  As far as the events, definitely permanent 2x breeding and maturation would be sweet.   Regarding the holiday events, definitely some more steak and potatoes to those than just the standard color and skins/costumes.  I like the idea of a mini-boss that spawns on the map, I guess that’s probably what the alpha dinos are but even a fairly new tribe can kill those with relative efficiency without too much concern with a good Rex or giga and even a lower quality saddle.  I saw an idea somewhere that ran along the lines of a “dino bounty”, that would be cool to introduce, along side of a normal event.  Maybe like a tame or kill dino bounty, but the dino would have to be worth taming or killing, like it would drop some good loot if killed and taming would give you better loot or resource.  The animal would also have to be tame-able maybe just a little bit more difficult than a normal tame.  Ya wouldn’t want to have to passive tame a bounty Rex, that’s just bad ju-ju waiting to happen.  Maybe another attempt at the crop event just a little better executed.  With the kibble rework that would come in handy BUT I would say that be an ADDITION to a normal event.  The colored dinos are cool in the events but they do get a little stale.  If there could be a fair chance for a heavily bumped stat that comes with them that might be something.   It does kinda take the incentive out of breeding for color mutations when there’s a flood of colored dinos in cyberspace to pick from.  Make event dinos, EVENT dinos.  A ton of ideas, and if implemented properly would increase the “oh cool!” and “this is awesome!” reaction 10 fold, just please don’t break the game anymore than normal trying to do that lol.

Given that this is a map with a lot of water I would say this is definitely a Water Strider.  Ark jet ski animal!

Water striders are efficient predators While striders don't bite people, they are highly efficient predators. A water strider rapidly grabs a small insect with its front legs, then uses its mouthparts to pierce the prey's body and suck out its juices. They are particularly effective predators of mosquito larvae.

Edited by JohnnyWaffles

11 hours ago, Cowl said:

They can get a steady cash flow and better servers all in 1 action. Offer Premium Servers for a fee, $10 local a Month. It will weed out the noobs who play for a day and quit, it will provide a steady cash stream and they will be able to afford better servers. 

Noob or not if I don’t gotta pay extra I won’t game is just as fun on free servers as is for paid servers

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

Another uneven'tful post.Same old stuff, we're "working" on meshing and oh , heres an evo event....until next time (when we will post the same thing). Watching this game just die because of late/bad decisions.

Same old Community Crunch complaint.

Yet again, nothing for the switch. At least fix the bugs. I dont even play it anymore on my switch not even because of the graphics, but because everytime i start the game i have to set up all of my rates, singleplayer mode FYI. Please fix the issues with the switch version! Some sort of acknowledgement would even be nice. Just say whether or not the issues are gonna be fixed. Even a no would set me at ease somewhat!!

Edited by CoyoteBlue12

20 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Because they're listening. A very large amount of people wanted an ocean map and have wanted one for a long time.   Now we might actually finally be getting one. This is pretty exciting. (And even if we don't, there's always the possibility the devs might make Tiamat an official mod some day.)

tiamat is no where near an ocean based map, sure most of it is water based but does it actually focus on water style survival. no. if you want and ocean map you should check out TSW (the sunken world) disocrd server. they are making an actual underwater map. 

43 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

tiamat is no where near an ocean based map, sure most of it is water based but does it actually focus on water style survival. no. if you want and ocean map you should check out TSW (the sunken world) disocrd server. they are making an actual underwater map. 

TY For the info. I'll have to check out the sunken world. I know my tribemates would love it.

2 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

TY For the info. I'll have to check out the sunken world. I know my tribemates would love it.

thx, tiamat is a poser map, they can talk the talk but cant walk the walk. what good is a huge ocean if it brings no new mechanics or scenery to arks oceans. what good is a map made mostly of ocean if you cant do anything in the ocean