Community Crunch 201: Mysterious Mysteries, On The Horizon, and Changes to the Code of Conduct

StudioWildcard

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

Mysterious_Transmission4.gif

What an interesting discovery, can anyone guess what this creature might be?

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

Hacks/Exploits

Abuse of game mechanics, such as meshing and duping, are being reported at a higher frequency.  As always, we will continue to implement changes to address any methods we have been able to reproduce.  Please continue to report any known methods via the ticket system.

Enforcement

With the increase of reports, the enforcement team has been tasked with a larger number of tickets.  This backlog of requests prevented our enforcement team from acting quickly to incidents that were being reported.   We've made a considerable dent in the backlog and hope to improve our response time to incidents that are reported.

Events

If there's something you'd really like to see in events (regular and holiday), check out the thread below and weigh in!

Changes to the Code Of Conduct

cocchange.jpg

The Enforcement Team are back again with another important notice regarding the Code of Conduct:

New Addition:

If you have been hardware ID (HWID) banned, any attempt to access the Official Network with an alternate account is subject to another hardware ID ban

You can read the Code of Conduct in its entirety by clicking here.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 11th  of Oct at 1 PM EST until Monday the 14th of Oct at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, neffspan said:

oh coool another evolution event that im gonna get ddos for thanks for nothing :)

Oh, another sassy remark from someone who doesn't understand controlling the servers to that level isn't something Wildcard has access to do themselves. Before you say "pay for better servers", ARK's going to need a steady income (micro-transations) to keep those going. Then again, it depends on how strong the DDoS attack is.

Edited by Jhin7F
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

If you have been hardware ID (HWID) banned, any attempt to access the Official Network with an alternate account is subject to another hardware ID ban  what is this supposed to be ? a joke? if someone was to be hwid banned he would not be abled to log onto another acc and keep playing, if someone spoofs his hwid or changes parts its not detectable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nanabobana said:

It's some sort of spider...maybe crossed with a mosquito?

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-05
[LOG_RECEIVE] We find the lucky ones trapped in giant webs.
[LOG_RECEIVE] But we find the unlucky ones as corpses, drained of blood.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Unluckiest of all are the ones we never find.

>crossed with a mosquito

I thought most spiders sucked blood already.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Nanabobana said:

They do I think, it's just that this has little leg looking things dangling as well as the big legs so it looks a bit like a cross between the two.

I have no idea what those droopy things are supposed to be or do. When I first saw the 2 at the front they looked like shriveled up little arms, it looked pretty funny

4 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I have no idea what those droopy things are supposed to be or do. When I first saw the 2 at the front they looked like shriveled up little arms, it looked pretty funny

Looks to me like the big arms/legs hook into prey, and I guess then it starts sucking your blood? Maybe it drops down from above and wraps you in webs like Shelob

my first guess was squid but after closely looking over it and seeing the face with the little 2 red eyes on one side of the face so im guessing its some kind of spider/crab/squid kind of thing ik its missing the crab claws but I thought it was kinda similar due to karkinos having 3 legs aswell wich I find odd this thing does aswell considering squids have more arms then what spiders and crabs do other then that I am rlly excited for this one and the bladewasp and magma drake those guys will be on my hitless if tameable. : )

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Looks kinda like some sort of squid-spider or something like that. Its design screams at me that it'll be in the water but I can't explain exactly why I think that.

Because they're listening. A very large amount of people wanted an ocean map and have wanted one for a long time.   Now we might actually finally be getting one. This is pretty exciting. (And even if we don't, there's always the possibility the devs might make Tiamat an official mod some day.)