• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/09/2016 at 11:45 AM, ElCobrito said:

How many foundations is the tethering limit? 200 meters is? 70 foundations? Is that a radius?
What happens if my friend dies and the nearest bed is farther than 200 meters?

I believe you spawn at the bed, but then teleport to wherever the host is. either that or you just spawn at the host.

• 1 month later...

Couple of quick questions related to non-dedicated servers!

I've started a non-dedicated server with my friend. The tethering limit doesn't bother us too much, and neither does the fact that the host needs to be online to play.
We're a bit unhappy with some of the initial servers settings, however. I'd like to change this, but not at the cost of losing everything we've built so far.
If I change some of the sliders in the server settings before hosting next time, does this reset any progress, or will I still host the same world and server?

I was also wondering a bit about split screen. Is the game saved through my Live-account or on the Xbox itself?
Going home to my family during Christmas, to where my friend lives, and was wondering how we could boot up my server and play split screen on his Xbox, instead of me possibly having to drag my console with me back home.

3 minutes ago, Frelzor said:

I've started a non-dedicated server with my friend. The tethering limit doesn't bother us too much, and neither does the fact that the host needs to be online to play.
We're a bit unhappy with some of the initial servers settings, however. I'd like to change this, but not at the cost of losing everything we've built so far.
If I change some of the sliders in the server settings before hosting next time, does this reset any progress, or will I still host the same world and server?

I was also wondering a bit about split screen. Is the game saved through my Live-account or on the Xbox itself?
Going home to my family during Christmas, to where my friend lives, and was wondering how we could boot up my server and play split screen on his Xbox, instead of me possibly having to drag my console with me back home.

For the options question : you can change whatever you want without worrying of losing progress.

On 14.11.2016 at 1:49 PM, Frelzor said:

Tested this in the weekend, and I can confirm that this work. You're able to recover your live account on a different Xbox and continue on the same server.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think i have a temporary solution to the tethering. Why not impliment(if in the same tribe) a follow command much like dino whistles that enables after a certain afk time frame is reached(specified by the host) ex: 5min.10min.15..30min.

This way. The other players can still free roam. With different but lessened limitation

At the risk of the host dying and needing to respawn, stow away your inventory first. Make a designated auto respawn point on a bed. Players will have to wait out the time if the host dies in quick succession. During this time host exp gains and aggro could be disabled to prevent a cheap host leveling mechanic or being used as dino bait. If all other players in the tether radius are dead the aggro could either be enabled so host is killed/respawns or suicides so everyone can respawn safely. 

Edit: to keep host alive. Feed just like normal dino. Lol feeding trough anyone?? Or directly from inventory works too

Basically. Make host act like a dino after afk time has been reached. With redundancies to prevent being spawn killed over and over under certain circumstances.(oops we ran into a pack of rexes and couldnt escape) 

Thoughts?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible for two pc players to join each other through xbox play anywhere on a non dedicated session ?

Or is it possible for an xbox payer to join a pc player through xbox play anywhere on an non dedicated session ?

I'm asking because neither is working so i'm wondering wether it's a bug or just a way to get players to rent a server ?

PS: it's kind of disapointing to have to download 80go and a 50go update to no be able to play with friends...

• 2 weeks later...

So I will go on multiplayer non dedicated when I need to "practice" building to make sure it will look the way I want it and will work out before I do it on a regular server. usually it will save my progress but lately it have been deleting everything when I log out and reseting my character and have to create a new one. is there any reason as to why this keeps happening all of the sudden.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:45 AM, ElCobrito said:

How many foundations is the tethering limit? 200 meters is? 70 foundations? Is that a radius?
What happens if my friend dies and the nearest bed is farther than 200 meters?

It really doesn't matter where he spawns If is too far away he will automatically  teleport to you the host player. when I am on with my brothers when we die I tell them to spawn anywhere but the bed so I can spawn there if I need to and they will just jump to my location

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, JDuB13 said:

As far as I know that would work although I'm not positive because I have never done it myself.

yes and is actually better because you can make the extra xbox the host server which will turn it into a player dedicated server. and you wont have to deal with the tether. it will be just like any other server but the performance will be based off of your internet quality, and before you start it up you can choose how the server will run like boosts and what not. you are basically running the server.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:49 AM, Frelzor said:

you will not loose progress if you back out and change settings. I have done it before.

Archived