PC PvE breeding

bradwoodinho

I usually tame a lvl 145-150 dino, and if it has better stats than my other tamed 150, I combine them. This happens with any dino I own, so its not surprising to find a 250 base lvl archaeopteryx or a 270 base lvl dodo in my collection, or any other species.

Unfortunately, I live in the magical land called Legacy, where the mythical beta players still hold their grounds, so this post is probably irrelevant to you. Try asking people with big bases on servers or any other dino hoarder, they could help you.

there are super frogs out there on pve official.  You either ask around the trading forums, discord,  or your server allies.   Many older servers have well established tribes with good stock.  But I can list a few things with next to no breeders out there.

carefull though,  there are animals considered easy tames that, if you have too many of them,  you could be faced with someone reporting you just for fun to try and get you wiped.

dont start trying to mutate jerboas up to lvl 100,  you probably would get wiped by the time u got to your 3rd mutation.

43 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

carefull though,  there are animals considered easy tames that, if you have too many of them,  you could be faced with someone reporting you just for fun to try and get you wiped.

dont start trying to mutate jerboas up to lvl 100,  you probably would get wiped by the time u got to your 3rd mutation.

just pretend they are shinehorn, only keep out 20 at a time, kill the ones you don't want from the breeding stock, and keep the others, cryo the ones your not going to breed but want to keep (i.e. colored).  i'd keep about 15 out in my monkey pen when i was using it, and leave them on wander so they would feed themselves and mate.  once i got some nice babies i'd put away the others and just leave the babies out to wander about and eat.

I have 64 monkeys from breeding, the monkeys are mostly brown but i think i have maybe 15 that are some nice colors (red, yellows, greens, even purple), all of them however are in cryopods.

Its really not how many you have but how many you have out at once.  Simple tames its best to keep the number out low and keep the keepers cryoed when not in use. 

On 10/9/2019 at 1:31 AM, caleb68 said:

just pretend they are shinehorn, only keep out 20 at a time, kill the ones you don't want from the breeding stock, and keep the others, cryo the ones your not going to breed but want to keep (i.e. colored).  i'd keep about 15 out in my monkey pen when i was using it, and leave them on wander so they would feed themselves and mate.  once i got some nice babies i'd put away the others and just leave the babies out to wander about and eat.

I have 64 monkeys from breeding, the monkeys are mostly brown but i think i have maybe 15 that are some nice colors (red, yellows, greens, even purple), all of them however are in cryopods.

Its really not how many you have but how many you have out at once.  Simple tames its best to keep the number out low and keep the keepers cryoed when not in use. 

yeah think i should be fine i live on my little motorboat atm, just cryo all the dinos i need but want to start breeding up some super frogs. would love to live underwater but havent got to the tek stage yet

1 minute ago, bradwoodinho said:

yeah think i should be fine i live on my little motorboat atm, just cryo all the dinos i need but want to start breeding up some super frogs. would love to live underwater but havent got to the tek stage yet

you'll need to do the alpha dragon in order to get both underwater tek pieces, i'd suggest doing it on valguero personally, we found omega and beta alot easier to beat there.   what you want to do with the valguero bosses is wait at the teleport in location till the dragon comes to you, then rush the dragon on both sides with your rexs to kill it as quickly as possible, the longer its a live, the more damage its firebreath is going to do.  once he's done go and kill the ape, after ape, shotgun the manticore while its flying but don't kill it in the sky, when it lands, rush it with rexs and kill it off to ensure you get the element for it.   3 bosses for the price of one, and all the tek that comes with it.   I'd say take no less then 4 players with you, all of you having 2 gas masks, healing food, and at least 200 shotgun shells each, also if you can stick vegi cakes on the rexs so they will heal themselves up.  we used 1 yuty, 2 daedons, and the rest high level rexs.  high level theri can be used to due to fire resistance on them, but make sure they have good stats and vegicakes even with daedons running around to heal.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

you'll need to do the alpha dragon in order to get both underwater tek pieces, i'd suggest doing it on valguero personally, we found omega and beta alot easier to beat there.   what you want to do with the valguero bosses is wait at the teleport in location till the dragon comes to you, then rush the dragon on both sides with your rexs to kill it as quickly as possible, the longer its a live, the more damage its firebreath is going to do.  once he's done go and kill the ape, after ape, shotgun the manticore while its flying but don't kill it in the sky, when it lands, rush it with rexs and kill it off to ensure you get the element for it.   3 bosses for the price of one, and all the tek that comes with it.   I'd say take no less then 4 players with you, all of you having 2 gas masks, healing food, and at least 200 shotgun shells each, also if you can stick vegi cakes on the rexs so they will heal themselves up.  we used 1 yuty, 2 daedons, and the rest high level rexs.  high level theri can be used to due to fire resistance on them, but make sure they have good stats and vegicakes even with daedons running around to heal.

yeah im on valguero so will definitely be going for that. few decent people on the server so should be able to join in with them. used to play pvp on console years ago but since switching to PC i much prefer pve. pvp scene looks horrible these days, was so much better 2 or 3 years ago. never got to do bossfights though

Archived