Griefing

Anyone else have any issues on certain servers/maps with teams just clearing you out before you even have a chance to build or tame? Like coming with robots and a team of 5 against 1 with one tame? The Xbox server in question is always dead which makes me wonder if people are avoiding it for this reason?

Are you playing official? If so, first off you want to join the smalltribe servers. They have better rates so you can get started faster. Official pvp is hard, and if you don't know what ur doing you'll get wiped everyday. Even if you know what you're doing, as a solo player is hard to survive. You'll want to find a hidden spot and pray that you don't get found. Making a base with defences solo right now is pretty much impossible, and if you wanna find out more about why it's so hard and a possible solution you should read this suggestion I wrote. Link

If you really wanna be able to have a chance as a solo player in a pvp server, you probably want to try unofficial servers.

46 minutes ago, Kloppmadness said:

Thanks for the reply :)How do I try unofficial servers? I am playing on Xbox at the mo. I am on a small tribe server at the moment! It's just me and my team mate so we are trying out some different tactics to get around this being wiped lol 

Alpha/Mega tribes will lock down a home server and wipe anybody they haven't guven permission to build there. In this case, that is you. 

They'll do that for one of two reasons. A) They can B) To smash any possible forward scouts from a different server.

Your best bet is to try a different server.

Unofficial servers are located in the Unofficial PC session. Where it says official, change that.