Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

PC Valguero 525 Crashes!

Dear Wildcard Team, On the server Valguero 525 PVE it comes weeks to server failures 
and now daily up to 6 times with a rollback. Can you maybe look at this problem and fix it? 
The gaming pleasure is thereby extremely limited on this server at the moment. 
Several players lost their dinos because of that. :S
Edited by secrets0ul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems to be a wide spread Valguero issue, Our server crashed 13 times before I called it quits for the day, some of the crashes within minutes of each other.  I was thinking it was just the server I was playing on, but after seeing other servers are having the same issue, seems it may be a issue with something inside valguero itself.

Speaking of... they ever going to do anything about the ptera apocalypse that happens at 50/50?  i'm sure that's adding to the lags and eventual server crashes. well... its mostly ptera, dimorphs, moths, and the occasional argentavis / quatzel will join in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are we going to get a reply yet? We've had this issue for over a month and no word from the devs/WC. I've put out an email, had no reply since. Can we not just simply get an update on what the hell is going on and the fact we're wasting so much time trying to progress through valgeuro with these server crashes. Sorry if that's rude but surely something should've been flagged up at least about a server crashing about 5-10 times a day with rollbacks for over a month.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:47 PM, caleb68 said:

seems to be a wide spread Valguero issue, Our server crashed 13 times before I called it quits for the day, some of the crashes within minutes of each other.  I was thinking it was just the server I was playing on, but after seeing other servers are having the same issue, seems it may be a issue with something inside valguero itself.

Speaking of... they ever going to do anything about the ptera apocalypse that happens at 50/50?  i'm sure that's adding to the lags and eventual server crashes. well... its mostly ptera, dimorphs, moths, and the occasional argentavis / quatzel will join in.

the spawnzones of wild dinos is stupid. I have a base where hundreds of ptera's spawn at 50/50 like you said. but also next to presumably 2-3 other dino spawns all in close proximity. It's common to see 5 bronto's swarmed together with 2-3 rexxes and a couple raptors. there's no proper dino spawn control it seems

 

Edited by CJW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wildcard wraps up as always in silent, 
as it was to be expected otherwise if they did not even get the simplest things, 
sorry but it is so! It can not be so hard to fix this problem right? 
Any hobby programmer could solve this problem, 
why not wildcard? But always demand more money for DLC's and not even get the old maps to work. 
If that's the way you treat your customers by simply ignoring them and just avoiding the problems 
then we'll all know what to expect from Genesis :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And @caleb68

Sorry but that has nothing to do with Valguero, 
the same problem was on The Island 347 I think that was where lags and crashes were. 
In my opinion, only more extensions will be taken care of than fixing the current problems. 
For example, how did I make a ticket over 3 months ago, 
do you think I've received an answer to date that was not a standard response from the system? Hardly likely. 
So customer service should be worked here again really.
Edited by secrets0ul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, secrets0ul said:

And @caleb68


Sorry but that has nothing to do with Valguero, 
the same problem was on The Island 347 I think that was where lags and crashes were. 
In my opinion, only more extensions will be taken care of than fixing the current problems. 
For example, how did I make a ticket over 3 months ago, 
do you think I've received an answer to date that was not a standard response from the system? Hardly likely. 
So customer service should be worked here again really.

actually it does, being it was the servers that are hosting valguero that were having alot of issues at the same time with multiple high crash rates, its either valguero itself, or the servers that the valguero instances are hosted on, one of the two.  If it were more widespread then yeah I would agree with you, but it wasn't sure there are other servers that were having issues but the majority of them were valguero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, caleb68 said:

actually it does, being it was the servers that are hosting valguero that were having alot of issues at the same time with multiple high crash rates, its either valguero itself, or the servers that the valguero instances are hosted on, one of the two.  If it were more widespread then yeah I would agree with you, but it wasn't sure there are other servers that were having issues but the majority of them were valguero.

Thats right but for 2-4 Month the same problem was on the Island^^ mybe we have luck and Wildcard give us a answer :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, secrets0ul said:

Thats right but for 2-4 Month the same problem was on the Island^^ mybe we have luck and Wildcard give us a answer :S

i still think part of the problem is antiquated hardware for the servers.  Game keeps getting updates and demanding better hardware to run it, but I don't think the servers have been upgraded sense their initial setup.  The valguero servers are just repurposed servers that were most likely some of the legacy servers that were taken down, keeping that in mind many of them have been running sense 2015.  Now with what they've posted in the forums,  I read it as more legacy servers will be taken down and repurposed for Genesis as well, so I'm fully expecting lag issues right from the start of that even with hardly anyone on a server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

i still think part of the problem is antiquated hardware for the servers.  Game keeps getting updates and demanding better hardware to run it, but I don't think the servers have been upgraded sense their initial setup.  The valguero servers are just repurposed servers that were most likely some of the legacy servers that were taken down, keeping that in mind many of them have been running sense 2015.  Now with what they've posted in the forums,  I read it as more legacy servers will be taken down and repurposed for Genesis as well, so I'm fully expecting lag issues right from the start of that even with hardly anyone on a server.

Yes, this may well be the problem with the servers, 
but then Wildcard should change it as soon as possible, 
the way it is at the moment, you just lose the desire for the game. 
And it just can not be that nothing comes from Wildcard, 
any other game would at least have sent a message and apologized, 
but no Wildcard just does not react at all and that's just not alright.
Edited by secrets0ul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, secrets0ul said:

any other game would at least have sent a message and apologized, 
but no Wildcard just does not react at all and that's just not alright.

I really hate to say it, but i've seen this same comment sooo many times on other game companies and their games its not even funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I really hate to say it, but i've seen this same comment sooo many times on other game companies and their games its not even funny.

I'm concerned that the wildcard could comment on this issue at least but it comes to nothing 
and you just ignored that is not as nice as a customer if you are treated like this. 
Fact is that it can not be so hard to fix this problem, see Atlas, who is still playing it? 
Hardly anyone because it has as many problems as I've heard.
But I can not judge because I do not play it myself. 
But it just has to happen something on the part of Wildcard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, secrets0ul said:

Fact is that it can not be so hard to fix this problem, see Atlas, who is still playing it? 
Hardly anyone because it has as many problems as I've heard.
But I can not judge because I do not play it myself. 

last time i played was just before the server wipe for the big changes that were coming, and they had made some serious improvements to the game at that point, though it did still have problems.  One of my friends still plays it, he seems to enjoy it alot, i may hop back on and check it out to see what all has changed.  the biggest issue that I ran across on there was it was even harder to find a piece of land to build on then in ark, and here you had all these land masses everywhere, but a few mega tribes running around blocking building all over made it difficult for alot of people just to get started.  Same issues as ark, but what does one expect when its the same crowd of people on the same game base? After all, atlas is just a ark mod made into the game using ark and modifying the coding to change things, one should expect issues with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

last time i played was just before the server wipe for the big changes that were coming, and they had made some serious improvements to the game at that point, though it did still have problems.  One of my friends still plays it, he seems to enjoy it alot, i may hop back on and check it out to see what all has changed.  the biggest issue that I ran across on there was it was even harder to find a piece of land to build on then in ark, and here you had all these land masses everywhere, but a few mega tribes running around blocking building all over made it difficult for alot of people just to get started.  Same issues as ark, but what does one expect when its the same crowd of people on the same game base? After all, atlas is just a ark mod made into the game using ark and modifying the coding to change things, one should expect issues with it.

 
surely you should expect problems but should this also be somehow fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Its hard to fix a problem when part of the problem is those playing the game.

So I have to contradict you unfortunately, because the problem is not the game but the servers. 
If you just better performance on it will make it work :) 
on private servers where such crashes are immediately after a ticket offered that you can move to another server 
and already the problems were gone. That should be feasible for wildcard yet :) other games get this, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...