Can we talk about lazyclicker

Zeeero

Are the devs aware there is a free to download BOT that allows players to use a separate account and pc to bypass the autodecay feature that was designed to free space of people who stopped playing? If so, what are they going to do about it? Most importantly can we report players found on official if we track them and their 2 min play times on groups of servers that they take MASSIVE and I mean FREAKING MASSIVE real estate on, indefinitely? How?

wouldn't this be something that you would want to report to the battlenet developers as its the anticheat program thats used? I would think that would be who you'd want to let know about it so that they could investigate it, it seems to use some screen capturing utility built into it, but most the functions from what I was reading on it are macros.  Anyhow just thought I might mention that.

I honestly dont know how far my reporting can reach. Im SUPER dyslexic. Being on a forum is hard enough. I excel at abstract thought and footwork, though. I have discovered battlemetrics after living above a base for 6 months to never see it decay. I've never seen movement. Whilst there I noticed other huge structure only bases with no one there. I play this game a LOT. Id see them. I dont know how well I can trust the login and logout data of battle metrics as for "proof" of a report. I would also like this post to be for devising ways of neighborhood Watching this and the best way to case the report so that it can be given to the abuse department. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Macros that emulates keyboard/mouse inputs are not considered cheats since they do not tamper with the game process/memory. It was also confirmed multiples times to not be a bannable offense:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/405691491120841629/#c405691491120856614

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/405691491118576614/?ctp=7#c405691491120853773

That being said, I honestly don't think anyone is using macros to refresh their timers. My guess is the bases OP is referring are just owned by people that play on other maps but keep their bases, that's all. When I was still active on officials, I was mainly playing on Ragnarok with my tribemate but we still had bases on all other maps that we were resetting weekly.

16 hours ago, Zeeero said:

Are the devs aware there is a free to download BOT that allows players to use a separate account and pc to bypass the autodecay feature that was designed to free space of people who stopped playing? If so, what are they going to do about it? Most importantly can we report players found on official if we track them and their 2 min play times on groups of servers that they take MASSIVE and I mean FREAKING MASSIVE real estate on, indefinitely? How?

What you are describing is what many people do. Just reset the decay timers weekly to prevent stuff from decaying if you take a break from ark. Pretty sure everyone does this manually. And almost all the bigger ark players, especially solo, use many scripts to automate things(emulating keyboard/mouse inputs)

This is good info. I also reset everything I do manually. The problem with the auto login feature is that it is completely autonomous. Wouldn't that be classified as a bot and not a macro? I know everyone uses macros and even I use it to collect z seeds and WC cleverly designed the earthquakes to move us around as a anti macro mechanism. You have to be present. With this tool you dont. Thats the part that really gets me. It makes it unfair for others. Lets say you want to hop on the seesaw at the playground.  making a device to bounce you during your turn. Thats fine. No one is going to push you off. No one has the right to. You are on it and playing with the public seesaw. now you go across town and let your autonomous mechanism hold your turn while others would like to play. The line is long and everyone just wants there turn to ride. They cant. machine in place and no one gets to ride. This seems vastly unethical. What can we do? Capcha the servers? Change the way links to join work? Add activity flag to the countdown on refreshing. Some players Ive seen spent 20 min a week per server on 5-6 servers. server analytics shows a solid 2 min on each server. wild card has an endgame plan; tek tier. thats fine and now very achievable but whats the point if I can make thatch city and it never decay with out having to do anything while the clicky software upkeeps my base. I would like to believe they are just unaware on how to figure out who using the software since it doesn't hook to anything in the game. There is no steps to logging in that a bot couldn't use. Its literally a link. This forum was harder to get into.

yeah honestly the pvp does not suffer from this at all. This is about PVEers having to live around  manikin bases with no active players holding down a base that otherwise would have decayed.  Lets say I dont want to start the new dlc until the gates open. I play the new dlc and claim as much land as possible. Flip on my warez, I can never see the server again until they open transfers, all my land is still there. every "best spot" can be taken indefinitely. No fear of decay. anti decay FULLY automated. I remember hearing things like "cant wait until the devs turn back auto decay, this place looks like a trailor park" For some it like the devs never turned it back on.

This is a quote from the instructions.

Go the the “Auto-Joiner” tab

Enter the server name (it doesen’t need to be exact but always the first server is selected)

Example 1: “EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland123” OR “d123”  works both

Example 2: “EU-PVP-Offical-Ragnarok123” OR “k123” works both

Setting delay: The bot scans the center screen for error message permanetly. Between those scans is a delay and this is what you can set here.
As recommendation I would have here set to 500 ms

2 hours ago, Zeeero said:

This is a quote from the instructions.

Go the the “Auto-Joiner” tab

Enter the server name (it doesen’t need to be exact but always the first server is selected)

Example 1: “EU-PVP-Official-TheIsland123” OR “d123”  works both

Example 2: “EU-PVP-Offical-Ragnarok123” OR “k123” works both

Setting delay: The bot scans the center screen for error message permanetly. Between those scans is a delay and this is what you can set here.
As recommendation I would have here set to 500 ms

Macros are 100% legal ingame...

Macros; user triggered keystrokes.
Botting; conditional or if this, than that, triggered commands with the ability to gather data and react with programmed specifics.

It even states "bot" in your quote. This post is not about a macro.

Consider a macro that repeatably fires your longneck vs an aimBOT that aims it.
Legality it almost every game revolves around the players required trigger.

If you can turn it on, go on vacation, its more than a macro.

Im all for macros for the players that play.
Im not for taking up realestate from the players that play by the players that dont.

5 hours ago, Zeeero said:

Botting; conditional or if this, than that, triggered commands with the ability to gather data and react with programmed specifics.

It even states "bot" in your quote. This post is not about a macro.

Consider a macro that repeatably fires your longneck vs an aimBOT that aims it.
Legality it almost every game revolves around the players required trigger.

If you can turn it on, go on vacation, its more than a macro.

Im all for macros for the players that play.
Im not for taking up realestate from the players that play by the players that dont.

Macro: a single instruction given to a computer which produces a set of instructions for the computer to perform a particular task

And no, its not a bot, and no, that program isnt even mean to be used as you are saying. That program, more precise, the auto-joiner feature, is made to reconnect to a server. To a single server, and it stops once the connection to server has been established.

You cannot put multiple servers and it refreshes all of them with minimal effort like you are saying.

Imho, to consider this a bot it should be able at least to autonomously ride a dino with a defined path, do some harvesting tasks, automatically put on the troughs and return the char to the bed. This program doesnt absolutely nothing of that.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, Zeeero said:

I didn't know this was even a thing until I read this and wondered what the heck "lazyclicker" was!

15 hours ago, Zeeero said:

I have to argue this one, sorry.

The marco's I can setup on my keyboard can be manually programmed, setting delays and multiple strokes to ensure the command gets launched, up to 50 different keystrokes per macro with individual delays. Likewise I can take one macro and anywhere within that macro have it trigger one of the other macros at any point, including triggering itself again, thus making a endless loop until the macro is canceled by the user, similar to what that program does with many of its features.  Even with that application, one can argue  that its user triggered.

Don't get me wrong here, not arguing you saying its a bot, but, macros can be set to trigger other macros, cancel running marcos, and even restart a series of linked macros.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, Zeeero said:

Most importantly can we report players found on official if we track them and their 2 min play times on groups of servers.

today on SE and the island, I had been transfering back and forth, taking a little bit of supplies with me each time to secure my SE base a little better,  this thusly made it look like I was logging in for only a couple minutes on each server off and on,  that in itself could actually be problematic to track to be honest. 

I always thought though that the auto decay reset should have a time limit to it when the player logs in before it actually does reset, essentually putting the decay timer on pause, but even that can cause problems as people, myself included, have little 2x2 outpost shacks they use for taming creatures on the maps, and it would be hard to maintain that timer for resetting structures in unloaded areas, possibly causing even more lag because, another ticker per player.

A macro can be chained and thats still a macro. a macro that chains with another macro is still a macro. but the start of the chain needs to be a person that starts the chain. This leaves the decision of what macro or chain of macros to be up to the player to execute. These bases Ive watch for 6-7 months are main base in size and powerless and dinoless and have been to the looks of someone who has let their dinos and upkeep like gas of tek running the fridges stop and the bases were surely right behind them... that was a looooong time ago. they are in the same state causing a bloat in the save file which causes the autosave to really be felt every 15 min.

There is only 1 ticker.  on a 10sec ticker and decay as 1 is actually a place in line of the single ticker. if 3 objects appear within the 10 sec at different times, 3 decay-this-thing schedules appear on the single ticker and as it ticks across the it will decay-this-thing as scheduled. Thats my rough understanding so no effects to us there. 

I've tried to find other ways of doing this log in business to understand a way of detection but You can honestly schedule windows to launch the link to join every 3 days and as long as everything is within render of your beds base achieve the same thing. The security for joining is weak and is a strong reason I made this post. No player should have to compete with a computer.

1 minute ago, Zeeero said:

A macro can be chained and thats still a macro. a macro that chains with another macro is still a macro. but the start of the chain needs to be a person that starts the chain. This leaves the decision of what macro or chain of macros to be up to the player to execute. These bases Ive watch for 6-7 months are main base in size and powerless and dinoless and have been to the looks of someone who has let their dinos and upkeep like gas of tek running the fridges stop and the bases were surely right behind them... that was a looooong time ago. they are in the same state causing a bloat in the save file which causes the autosave to really be felt every 15 min.

There is only 1 ticker.  on a 10sec ticker and decay as 1 is actually a place in line of the single ticker. if 3 objects appear within the 10 sec at different times, 3 decay-this-thing schedules appear on the single ticker and as it ticks across the it will decay-this-thing as scheduled. Thats my rough understanding so no effects to us there. 

I've tried to find other ways of doing this log in business to understand a way of detection but You can honestly schedule windows to launch the link to join every 3 days and as long as everything is within render of your beds base achieve the same thing. The security for joining is weak and is a strong reason I made this post. No player should have to compete with a computer.

Here's the kicker bud even if this macro\bot as u say just logs in a base and then logs out the base will still decay...whatever is not rendered  will auto decay..the gates around the base and all lol this program as u say would need make a character  run around and render the entire base...that being said I just don't think your on 24\7 and missed them logging in...my opinion  though ;)

Archived