Ahoy!

I wanted to share with you all some maps I've made and use while playing ARK. There are three different maps, two of which were created at the request of users on the forum.

The first is a Points of Interest and Harvesting map that helps keep track of such things as caves, metal, crystal, obsidian, silica, and oil locations, as well as biomes. (The caves on the map are denoted with letters that correspond with the artifact that can be found inside.)

The second is a Spawn map of rare spawns such as Spinos, Giganotaurus, Alpha Rex, Alpha Raptor, Quetzal, and Alpha Carno.

The third is a loot crate locations map, but is the most rough due to the nature of its information. It also includes the loot locations of underwater crates.

I used much of the information compiled on the official Ark wiki to put together most of this information, as well as my own experience to map out these locations. I have been able to confirm almost all of the information personally, but I would like to make the improvement of these maps a community effort, especially since the game being in Early Access means things are always subject to change.

Link to higher quality files: https://goo.gl/photos/1UAjDwFgxmkrcKYp8

Cheers!

Points of Interest/Harvesting Map

image.jpeg

Update 4/6/16: Added known Beaver Dam locations.

Update 3/30/16: The new Rich Oil locations color looked too similar to the snow biome's, so it was darkened and an additional zone was added on the coast of the snow biome. Additionally, Obsidian and Crystal locations were tweaked to better visualization of their zones. User @MrDynamicMan informed me of a new metal location, so it was also added.

Update 3/30/16: User @InfidelPook74 requested the addition of rich oil locations. A list of these locations is seemingly non-existent, so I surveyed the ocean, and after many hours present to you a confident mapping of these Rich Oil Locations. While I was at it, I discovered more Rich Silica Locations, as well as verified and tweaked the locations of most (if not all) of the underwater caves. Also, user @n_scheffel informed me of an additional rich crystal location, which was also added.

Rare and Dangerous Spawn Map

image.jpeg

Update 3/30/16: Colors were changed, because I felt like the previous ones didn't mesh well together, and locations with more than one type were changed to better represent this. Users @Elundari and @Plannb23 clarified inconsistent and missing spawn locations (like the Alpha Carno), and these were fixed, tweaked, and added.

Update 3/27/16: User @MrDynamicMan requested a map of rare spawns (spinos, alphas, giga's, etc), and this map has been added to the post. As with the other, feedback is definitely wanted to ensure the accuracy of these. I did not include areas that rarely spawn these creatures, only the areas with the most known spawns.

Loot Crate Map

image.jpeg

Update 3/27/16: User @ZakkBDB requested a map of loot drops. His request was specifically for deep sea drops, but this map identifies all loot locations, including their corresponding levels (where applicable), and those that are unreachable due to the clipping glitches present in the game. As with the others, I'd like to keep these as accurate as possible so be sure to report inconsistencies and/or changes

15 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Amazing map! Really useful. Perhaps we could get some additions for Spino,  giga, and alpha spawns?  Those seem the be the hardest to find. Maybe it would complicate the map too much. 

Glad you like it! Let me see what adding this might look like. If it's too messy perhaps I'll make another map.

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

A map of spawns would be a god-send. Spinos are particularly hard to find nowadays because the swamp destroyed a good portion of their spawns. 

I finished the map and will add it to the main post shortly, but I believe it will need some more tweaking to be 100% accurate. These are all rare spawns, keep in mind, but from the research I could gather these are the most current spawn locations for them. Hopefully you and some more people can help confirm these and/or add more. I added Quetzal spawn areas too.

Edit: I should probably include that I left out the areas that are rare for these types to spawn in, so I only included those areas with the highest amount of spawns overall.

image.jpeg

39 minutes ago, ZakkBDB said:

Thats a GREAT map buddy , printed it off and its going next to my couch hahahaha , if ur making more maps one with all the underwater drops would be invaluable , Great map though ive been waiting for someone to Whip out a master piece like this !

Thanks very much! I'll whip up a loot map for you now.

33 minutes ago, ZakkBDB said:

Your a God Send my Friend [: Much Obliged good sir!

Finished! I went ahead and ahead all loot drop locations on the island in addition to the deep sea ones. I don't remember the deep sea beacons having consistent leave-specific drops. As with the other maps, I will edit as the game changes and/or inconsistencies are found. Cheers! ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.2a802396ec78c99077d2e87

@sawsac Nice work! What program / hardware do you use for this? For the beacon-map the colors are probably too impractical, the red drops have a probability of 1-2%, sometimes even less. We are still thinking how to represent the probabilities better on the wiki-map. You seem to be talented in map-designing, do you have a good idea? So far we thought about the piechart but with different radii of the pieces, but that seemed to small.

@cad Thanks very much! I hand drew these with an Apple Pencil in an app called Paper. I suppose that the colors might be a tad impractical, perhaps I'll look into changing them, but I'm resistant to the idea of implementing the probabilities as I was aiming for a more minimalistic approach to the layout, because while it's true that the red beacons are a rare occurrence, it's still useful to know where they could drop. My thinking is that the main users of these maps would, like ZakkBDB, be more interested in the where's than the why's. I used the Wiki to find the locations, and as such I think it's perfect the way it is for the purpose of the Wiki, as it works wonderfully to educate a player wanting to learn more about the game, the drops, and the probabilities of the drops, such as the exact colors on a map that details all. I just resist doing this to mine as well, since I think it would encroach on the work of the wiki's map, as well as become too hard on the eyes to be easily used as a reference in-game. All things considered, though, these maps are the first I've ever attempted so I don't know if my gut reactions to the information that should be shown are even accurate haha.

10 hours ago, InfidelPook74 said:

As a new player, these maps are so helpful and wanted to thank you for making them.  One request, if possible.  Any way to add heavy oil concentrations?

Agin though, thanks for putting the work into these.

@InfidelPook74I'm glad you like them! I definitely had new players in mind, because I wish something like this was present when I first started playing. Plus, the spawn map is a good guide to where NOT to be in my opinion haha. Oil is tricky, as it doesn't seem to have specific places where it heavily spawns besides, well, the deep deep sea. I can't seem to find any players online who've identified the heavy spots either, so I'm slowly surveying the ocean for spots of interest at least. As soon as this becomes fruitful I'll update the map for you for sure.

9 hours ago, Grayden178 said:

This is the greatest thing I have seen in a long time. Thank you. I've been looking for good maps for so long now.

@Grayden178 This means so much to me, made my day even. I'm really thrilled that you like them!

7 hours ago, n_scheffel said:

You can add crystals to the metal area near Lat75 Lon45. 

@n_scheffel Will do! Thank you! I'll update the map here shortly.

6 hours ago, Janna3921 said:

Agree with the others, the maps are great !  Thank you so much for all the work you have done.  As for oil, pears, and crystal, if you could get a chance to do those, that would be great, fantastic and greatly appreciated by all I am sure. 

I have saved them so I can print them out when needed.  

@Janna3921 Thank you that means a lot that you like it! Pearls and Crystals are already a part of the map, but I will be adding the new location that @n_scheffel pointed out shortly. As for Oil, I'm looking into it for sure.

15 hours ago, InfidelPook74 said:

As a new player, these maps are so helpful and wanted to thank you for making them.  One request, if possible.  Any way to add heavy oil concentrations?

Agin though, thanks for putting the work into these.

Just fly along the snow coast. That's more than enough oil for you. 

Let me start by saying we love your maps.  That said, I did find an inconsistency in it and wanted to bring it to your attention.

On a side note I noticed that the "Alpha Carno" isn't listed on your map, but at Drayo's Cove you show an "Alpha Rex" spawn location.  Our primary headquarters is located there and we've never seen one single "Alpha Rex" there.  What we have seen is a ton of "Alpha Raptors" and not so many "Alpha Carno's" spawning there.

Archived