The truth

Arc30

On 10/5/2019 at 12:16 PM, MMental said:

There is lot of problem like this cause of toxic people behavior who don't care about others, and dev's who prefer work on dlc and content to win money than for solve problem.

Lot of patch didn't fixed a problem because people always find a new way to glitch.

And theses patch can be annoying for honest player who did nothing for deserve this, like the cooldown transfer (didn't solved duplication but it's still here)

This is similar to the current state of the internet. Developers fix one vulnerability and the hackers find another. This will never end. The only solution is to remove the hacker from your server (can't do that on the internet, which is too bad).

Of course you really need to have your own server or join a friends that will remove exploiters, as this doesn't happen often enough or quick enough on the officials (removing exploiters).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, wildbill said:

This is similar to the current state of the internet. Developers fix one vulnerability and the hackers find another. This will never end. The only solution is to remove the hacker from your server (can't do that on the internet, which is too bad).

Of course you really need to have your own server or join a friends that will remove exploiters, as this doesn't happen often enough or quick enough on the officials (removing exploiters).

Yes, because There is never admin on server. And they take month to take a ticket. If admin was on just 1 day a week or 2 for somes hours, to check base, eventual glitch exploit, blocking ect.. And temps ban players who abuse, there will be less toxicity. I know there is lot of official server that would take time, but what if they employs people to do it.

Edit : like on unofficial serious server there is often admin who check base and what people doing sometimes.

• Wildcard Community

A solution that will handle 100% of meshing cases is out of reach.  QA has been testing advancements to the meshing detection that goes beyond just detecting and takes action.  It's looking very promising and we do believe that will alleviate some of the meshing you are seeing.  There will always be new ways to exploit/mesh that we may not have predicted.  What's important to focus on (in addition to prevention) is our response to those things and how to more quickly address them.

you know what I hate

is that this game has no direct competitor to it !

I have been playing this game on the first day it came out, I still to this day face bugs that havent been fixed since then! its actually annoying.

especially the lags that happen in the servers all the time, the amount of lags, and high pings it just doesnt make any sense 

and i really wonder why isnt Wildcard taking note to these things, they happen all the time! its like they make x2 events to keep us quite and not say anything.. sometimes i just wish there was a competitor with the same idea. dont get me wrong, i love ARK but i hate the way it runs.

12 minutes ago, WaelDimachkie said:

you know what I hate

is that this game has no direct competitor to it !

I have been playing this game on the first day it came out, I still to this day face bugs that havent been fixed since then! its actually annoying.

especially the lags that happen in the servers all the time, the amount of lags, and high pings it just doesnt make any sense 

and i really wonder why isnt Wildcard taking note to these things, they happen all the time! its like they make x2 events to keep us quite and not say anything.. sometimes i just wish there was a competitor with the same idea. dont get me wrong, i love ARK but i hate the way it runs.

Any competing game would be developed and managed by a company facing the exact challenges as Wildcard.  We would have all of the same issues with that game, but the population would be split in half between the two games, leaving fewer players in each to interact with.

Sounds like a good idea... but it ain't.

15 hours ago, SMP said:

Any competing game would be developed and managed by a company facing the exact challenges as Wildcard.  We would have all of the same issues with that game, but the population would be split in half between the two games, leaving fewer players in each to interact with.

Sounds like a good idea... but it ain't.

This is profoundly untrue. Sure a company that was a direct competitor may very well be privy to the many of the same challenges however how those challenges are handled and dealt with would be completely different. It is completely false to assume that the experience dealing with said hypothetical company would be the same as companies all act differently and often make very different decisions, in fact something that competition introduces is incentive for companies to better each other and end up providing better customer service in an attempt to win over the market. 

It would bring positive change for players across the board, both for players who would hypothetically move over to the new game and to players who stick with ark, this is because both companies would have incentive to "out do" each other to win over the market share. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that another company with a similiar game would act and essentially be exactly like Wildcard, this is a completely ridiculous assumption. Just look at any two competing companies and you will see massive differences, sure their products are similar but the manner in which the company conducts itself, what it prioritizes and what its organisational culture is, would be completely different. You can't just say that coca cola is copy paste of pepsi and visa versa just because they make similar products. 

When it comes to games in particular, a new game means a different engine, different system and build, different methods for dealing with complaints and bugs, the stability of each game could be vastly different. You just have to look at the world of Mobas to know just how different a company can make the experience of a game compared to it's competitors.

EDIT: and as an after thought, your statement about splitting the player base and thus leaving less players to interact with is also not accurate. Truth of the matter is that is not something you can estimate, it is very likely that competition would force the companies to make quality changes in order to win market share, these changes could have the result of attracting new players to the market and infact has the potential to INCREASE the player base as a whole. Heck maybe the other game has a slightly different theme which appeals to a whole new consumer type. Sure there will be a split in the player base however this does not automatically mean less players overall. It could very well end up with more players in each game than there are currently in the one game.

2 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

This is profoundly untrue. Sure a company that was a direct competitor may very well be privy to the many of the same challenges however how those challenges are handled and dealt with would be completely different. It is completely false to assume that the experience dealing with said hypothetical company would be the same as companies all act differently and often make very different decisions, in fact something that competition introduces is incentive for companies to better each other and end up providing better customer service in an attempt to win over the market. 

It would bring positive change for players across the board, both for players who would hypothetically move over to the new game and to players who stick with ark, this is because both companies would have incentive to "out do" each other to win over the market share. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that another company with a similiar game would act and essentially be exactly like Wildcard, this is a completely ridiculous assumption. Just look at any two competing companies and you will see massive differences, sure their products are similar but the manner in which the company conducts itself, what it prioritizes and what its organisational culture is, would be completely different. You can't just say that coca cola is copy paste of pepsi and visa versa just because they make similar products. 

When it comes to games in particular, a new game means a different engine, different system and build, different methods for dealing with complaints and bugs, the stability of each game could be vastly different. You just have to look at the world of Mobas to know just how different a company can make the experience of a game compared to it's competitors.

I feel bad.  You missed the point by a mile and put all that hard work in.  Sorry, man.

31 minutes ago, SMP said:

I feel bad.  You missed the point by a mile and put all that hard work in.  Sorry, man.

Don't feel bad, I dealt with what was stated in your post, if there was some other underlying point that I didnt address and you arent prepared to enlighten us all on what that was... well that's not my problem, you can make your peace with that one :P. In terms of what I posted it is entirely relevant to what you stated and directly deals with the points you raised.

It is always interesting when someone states how your response to them is wrong but then doesnt or isnt able to elaborate on why exactly your response is wrong ??... If you can appreciate that I put some thought behind my post then how about you put some behind yours and explain what point was missed? If you arent prepared to do that then I'm afraid responding at all to me was entirely a pointless exercise.

4 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Don't feel bad, I dealt with what was stated in your post, if there was some other underlying point that I didnt address and you arent prepared to enlighten us all on what that was... well that's not my problem, you can make your peace with that one :P. In terms of what I posted it is entirely relevant to what you stated and directly deals with the points you raised.

It is always interesting when someone states how your response to them is wrong but then doesnt or isnt able to elaborate on why exactly your response is wrong ??... If you can appreciate that I put some thought behind my post then how about you put some behind yours and explain what point was missed? If you arent prepared to do that then I'm afraid responding at all to me was entirely a pointless exercise.

Sigh.  I ain't getting paid for this, so I'll keep it brief.

The "other game" would have bugs which aren't cost effective to fix.  The "other game" would struggle with balance issues and exploits.  The "other game" would try to please multiple types of players.  The "other game" would try to allocate as much budget to communication and support while still trying to keep the lights on.  The "other game" would face all of these challenges, and their forums would be full of the same types of complaints as this one.

Well I think the whole,  ‘they aren’t doing anything’  is getting tired and old.  I know they are doing something because I used to be able to climb out of the blue cave on aberration and now I can’t.  Their mesh detection measures get you killed if you try to play on aberration using the tools we used to use on day 1 of aberration.

i think the conundrum is more about the game servers need more gm’s and we don’t pay enough money for that to work out.  We are asking them for enforcement that mmorpg’s used to have but they had less servers to watch and they didn’t need as many gm’s.  This game that we love so much has limitations in that we can’t have a thousand players all on one persistent server so there’s no way to make hiring a gm for each server viable.   Games that did that sort of thing had or have monthly money coming in from monthly substitutions to nowadays, in game purchases.  

What people are are asking for would require us to pay monthly,  buy things in a game store, or wildcard to invent a solution that almost no other game maker could come up with themselves.   

This is isn’t just a wildcard issue,  other non-dino sandbox games are having the same problems with meshing.   The other games are catching with ark on this problem,  this isn’t an Ark only issue.

14 hours ago, SMP said:

Sigh.  I ain't getting paid for this, so I'll keep it brief.

The "other game" would have bugs which aren't cost effective to fix.  The "other game" would struggle with balance issues and exploits.  The "other game" would try to please multiple types of players.  The "other game" would try to allocate as much budget to communication and support while still trying to keep the lights on.  The "other game" would face all of these challenges, and their forums would be full of the same types of complaints as this one.

If that was your point then I covered it, Did you even read my reply?

I pretty much stated in more words that all that is speculation. Perhaps the other company would have more resources than WC, maybe their engine would be more optimized and thus have less bugs plaguing them, maybe the type of bugs would be easier to patch, maybe the other company would be more timely with better customer support and that would result in fewer complaints on the forums. It is also true to say that maybe all of those things would be worse than how it has been with WC, it could be a combination of some things being better and other things worse. However by no means would it be the same, that is a completely unrealistic assumption to make, which is what I was pointing out in my post.

The biggest counter point I was also trying to make you realize is that the simple act of introducing direct competition causes the company in question to have to up it's game. If WC had to compete more directly against another title they would be forced to engage more with these issue and dedicate more time to things the consumer is asking for rather than focusing on paid content and DLC related feature developments. To assume that another company just means another copy paste of WC and that both would essentially just try to embody each other without trying to develop any kind of competitive advantage... well thats just not how business works my friend.

Like I said in my previous post, Yes some of the issue they face may well be the same, things like exploits, pleasing different types of players, allocation of resources, communicating developments to the community, all the while keeping the lights on. However Like I also said while the issues faced may be similar, the methods employed to deal with these issue will be different will in turn result in a different experience with each company and different outcomes of these issues. Had you read and understood my post properly you would have understood this. I think it was not me who was missing the point in a out little exchange ;). 

Anyway I wish you a good day regardless. 

Your getting tired of hearing wc aren't doing enough we are getting tired of having to raise issues. Like I said scorch earth still gets black triangles when a lightning storm hits like it did when it 1st came out 2 years ago. Still hasn't been address so don't give me  your boo who poor wc rubbish. When duping started it got so ridiculous people went on you tube showing how it was done. They were practically begging wc to sort it doing half the leg work for them. Then it started again and credit to wc they shut obs down limiting damage. Then when sorted re opened. This time there has been no rapid response in fact no response. Its like having a fire alarm procedure and ignoring it when they have a fire. I'm not getting paid for this but Im showing support for the people and trying to help wc even tho I feel they have turned there back. Hypothetical situation are a distraction from the main objective. We need damage limitations shut the obs down.  put genisis on the back burner for now(you normally delay release dates so no one would be surprised) put more % in solving issues. Tickets has become a world wide bad joke. Improve on response and watch you tube. 

• 4 weeks later...

How do u survive duping

Well after defending rag for 2month and putting in tickets we got wiped by alot of duped meks and squids. And as I've not seen or herd anything sorting this out my question is how do u survive this unbalanced fight. I don't want to get banned but all I can think of to stop getting wiped is 1 start duping to even the game out 2 block all spawn points  3 leave Dino on aggressive wondering. 4 hovering foundation to stop meshing. All these ideas are a instant ban so what can I do. If the guy who got caught on fortnight cheating can get a lifetime ban why the hell haven't ark followed suit. Any ideas on what to do b4 this game becomes unplayable. 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:25 PM, Arc30 said:

The truth

I've been playing ark for 2 years I've been insided blue tagged wiped and meshed ive ticketed a few people a couple of times. I had one issue resolved the rest of the times like others I've been left high and dry. I wrote on here once suggesting that until this duping can be solved that stopping transferring or any action would b better then no action. For my veiw on this topic I was issued a warning. I know the truth hurts but it doesn't hurt as much as watching your hard work being destroyed by cheats. I feel for the devs and true ark players falling victim to these people.

I get warned as of late as well. I've been playing since 2016. I never had tickets resolved, in game or not. 

I actually had to explain my explanation of my forum post to a mod because they didn't understand what my issue is. The sad part is that i used a screenshot as well to describe my problem. 

I actually gave up on the console version because submitting bugs for console is painful and difficult. I've always felt it's some sort of deterrent system to reduce people submitting bugs. 

Then there's the silent community that doesn't post, who knows how many that includes? 

I went back to playing halo 5 and Diablo 3 because they'd rather keep adding things to game instead of fixing the existing problems. 

I remember when this game went in "full release" and saw threads made from angry parents because their kids couldn't build and had stuff destroyed all the time. 

I actually posted about some of the still existing bugs since day 1. I suddenly and mysteriously can't seem to find my way back to the topic I made. I have to go into my profile to view my activity to find it. Big shocker, nobody looked at them. 

26 minutes ago, Arc30 said:

How do u survive duping

Well after defending rag for 2month and putting in tickets we got wiped by alot of duped meks and squids. And as I've not seen or herd anything sorting this out my question is how do u survive this unbalanced fight. I don't want to get banned but all I can think of to stop getting wiped is 1 start duping to even the game out 2 block all spawn points  3 leave Dino on aggressive wondering. 4 hovering foundation to stop meshing. All these ideas are a instant ban so what can I do. If the guy who got caught on fortnight cheating can get a lifetime ban why the hell haven't ark followed suit. Any ideas on what to do b4 this game becomes unplayable. 

Hovering  foundations  isnt against  the coc or tos I believe .and leaving  dinos on aggressive  isn't either

On 10/8/2019 at 12:09 AM, Cedric said:

A solution that will handle 100% of meshing cases is out of reach.  QA has been testing advancements to the meshing detection that goes beyond just detecting and takes action.  It's looking very promising and we do believe that will alleviate some of the meshing you are seeing.  There will always be new ways to exploit/mesh that we may not have predicted.  What's important to focus on (in addition to prevention) is our response to those things and how to more quickly address them.

What about ab random deaths while using hooks?
I can't be sure, but seems related. I f I had to guess I would say hooks push you into mesh and then teleport to killzone.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:14 AM, Arc30 said:

I just don't understand why such a slow to almost zero action to help I'd rather be saying positive things about the devs and there support for all but instead A lack of doing anything is as bad as the people meshing and duping. Suggestions have been made and ignored they prefer poison then a antidote. I thought as soon as duping came back they would shut transfers down like last time not permanently but for a while. All dinos have a code if there is more then one then they are duplicated. Yes cloning is a thing but a extra digit on cloning code for dinos would solve it. People are so confident that wc will do nothing that they openly admit you have to dupe and mesh to survive. A wc secret shopper could find dumpers easy.  

Before I think they locked down the servers because they wanted to keep the ill gotten gains from moving from server to server.  But right now, I think the dupers are using the transfer function itself to create duplicates of meks.  They just need to give mek's id numbers upon assembly and the problem will be fixed.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:07 PM, caleb68 said:

So.... what is the solution for meshing?

A modder already made a mesh exploit detection mod. It kills players that stray past the mesh after a short countdown, but one could change that to teleport away from the mesh too with some work. 

WC does have mesh detection methods and are using them, but most companies push an automatic solution so they don't have to deal with the problem either. I'm not sure why WC hasn't put in that effort yet.

50 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

A modder already made a mesh exploit detection mod. It kills players that stray past the mesh after a short countdown, but one could change that to teleport away from the mesh too with some work. 

WC does have mesh detection methods and are using them, but most companies push an automatic solution so they don't have to deal with the problem either. I'm not sure why WC hasn't put in that effort yet.

well maybe its related to what one of them said on twitter,  "Math is hard yo"

THe moon is some easy stuff to deal with, it follows an elliptical orbit and it's mostly just a sphere shape or an ellipsoid if we wanna get down to measuring stuff.  That's some easy math.  

Ark is a topological nightmare.  Finding all the nooks and crannies in order to map a solid region on the underside that could fairly accurately encompass the upside down....... it's a nightmare.  All maps on all games look pretty similar underneath... it's a mess.  To make it look so good on top, the mess is squashed underneath.... add to it, we have caves that aren't instanced.  That makes the nightmare even worse.  If they do something w/out getting it right, we'll all complain.  If they do nothing, we all complain.  So right now, they are not going to rush a fix out if they feel like the noise level is going to stay the same.  I can't blame them.  They need a mathematician probably to help out.  Coders don't have to take as much calculus, but could really use some of it right about now.

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

Archived