The truth

Arc30

The truth

I've been playing ark for 2 years I've been insided blue tagged wiped and meshed ive ticketed a few people a couple of times. I had one issue resolved the rest of the times like others I've been left high and dry. I wrote on here once suggesting that until this duping can be solved that stopping transferring or any action would b better then no action. For my veiw on this topic I was issued a warning. I know the truth hurts but it doesn't hurt as much as watching your hard work being destroyed by cheats. I feel for the devs and true ark players falling victim to these people.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is lot of problem like this cause of toxic people behavior who don't care about others, and dev's who prefer work on dlc and content to win money than for solve problem.

Lot of patch didn't fixed a problem because people always find a new way to glitch.

And theses patch can be annoying for honest player who did nothing for deserve this, like the cooldown transfer (didn't solved duplication but it's still here)

A solution for meshing could be the sentry turret that was in the community crunch. It seems to have a camera instead of gun barrel so maybe it is linked to the mesh detection measures they are working on. In theory it could automatically turn on when in render distance and if it detects anything in the mesh submit a ticket or an alert message to gms. It could include info like player/dino name, tribe name and more importantly server and coordinates.

3 hours ago, Owataday said:

DOING ONES JOB IS THE SOLUTION.

that was a serious question, if its a simple solution to resolve it, and you know the answer to it please share.

3 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

A solution for meshing could be the sentry turret that was in the community crunch. It seems to have a camera instead of gun barrel so maybe it is linked to the mesh detection measures they are working on. In theory it could automatically turn on when in render distance and if it detects anything in the mesh submit a ticket or an alert message to gms. It could include info like player/dino name, tribe name and more importantly server and coordinates.

that would be a creative solution for reporting / capturing people meshing, especially if it logged the username / tribename of the detected mesher, but wouldn't resolve it.  I thought that perhaps changing it so that turrets could shoot through the actual ground  mesh, but not item meshes could be a possible fix but thinking about that more decided that would be exploited by people as well to cause even more issues.

1 hour ago, SMP said:

Build right and you won't lose your shorts to meshing.  WC will never fix it, it's up to us to help ourselves.

any suggestions on building to avoid being meshed? some tips maybe?

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

that would be a creative solution for reporting / capturing people meshing, especially if it logged the username / tribename of the detected mesher, but wouldn't resolve it.

I don't know anything about making games or content but it seems to me that each time new content is added it causes more problems/conflicts within the games code. Because of this I think fixing meshing outright is, at this point, too complex/complicated to be done in one update/patch. Wildcard said they are working on mesh detection functionality which could, most likely, be a series of measures to target meshing bit by bit.

9 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I'd prefer to avoid mentioning specifics, but the main thing is to analyze what kind of advantage meshing gives and build in a way that minimizes that advantage.  Think like the guy meshing you and try to imagine what would be annoying to have to deal with from his perspective.  Fluid, electricity and raiders follow the path of least resistance, so build ditches to control their movement.

a possible fix would be to create a zone inside of the mesh that acted as a diplo hit, and rebounded you back out of the mesh, this way if someone accidently fell into the mesh (still have yet to see someone accidently fall in though but people claim it happens.) they wouldn't loose their gear, and if it was someone trying to get into the mesh to place a bed to run around in the mesh, well it would effectively force them out before they could carry out their nefarious plot, either that or simply creating a kill zone within the mesh, or adding a 3rd layer of mesh that's impassible by anything but ark dev's 

edit: honestly thinking about how innovative most rule breakers tend to be (which doesn't make too much sense, your going to try harder to find a way around something than just doing it?) a combination of all of my afore mentioned zones would work rather nicely, stack them ontop of each other the knockback zone, followed by the kill zone then the ark dev zone, incase dev's for whatever reason need to go deep mesh diving lol.

A simple kill zone under the map would stop meshing. Just like extinction has on top of the map. The devs should of just stopped transfers when duping started until something more permanent could b put in place. We've been getting hit all day by duped meks and duped gear.  This isn't the game I paid for. You know if we could get our money back then wc would do something straight away. 

2 hours ago, triggerd said:

a possible fix would be to create a zone inside of the mesh that acted as a diplo hit, and rebounded you back out of the mesh, this way if someone accidently fell into the mesh (still have yet to see someone accidently fall in though but people claim it happens.) they wouldn't loose their gear, and if it was someone trying to get into the mesh to place a bed to run around in the mesh, well it would effectively force them out before they could carry out their nefarious plot, either that or simply creating a kill zone within the mesh, or adding a 3rd layer of mesh that's impassible by anything but ark dev's 

edit: honestly thinking about how innovative most rule breakers tend to be (which doesn't make too much sense, your going to try harder to find a way around something than just doing it?) a combination of all of my afore mentioned zones would work rather nicely, stack them ontop of each other the knockback zone, followed by the kill zone then the ark dev zone, incase dev's for whatever reason need to go deep mesh diving lol.

good to see someone actually suggests something rather then just say "doing their job", "they just don't care", etc. 

There is a kill zone under the world, the problem with the killzone mechanic is its a fixed flat plane that can't be changed, one would have to totally re-code it to work with that mechanic using custom meshes as the world has holes cut in it for the caves.

but that raises a question... Does meshing exist in Aberration? Why am i asking this? well, in Aberration there is a common problem with the climbing picks and climbing up ledges, where you can end up being insta-killed by the picks,  i don't know if this was a intentional thing to happen if you went under the mesh on aberration, but it does happen, had it happen to me 5 times in one day before I decided to stop using climbing picks all together and just use zip lines.  If this is a intentional thing, perhaps they could get this effect to work on all maps?

The bounce back method would be cool too, i've seen some other games built in unreal engine use this for people who manage to get under / behind the meshes. Though most of those games are shooter games with small fixed 1x1 map rather then a larger 4x4 / 5x5 map. I'm not sure how well that would work on the larger scale maps but i've suggested that myself.

2 minutes ago, Arc30 said:

A simple kill zone under the map would stop meshing. Just like extinction has on top of the map. The devs should of just stopped transfers when duping started until something more permanent could b put in place. We've been getting hit all day by duped meks and duped gear.  This isn't the game I paid for. You know if we could get our money back then wc would do something straight away. 

Stopping transfers wouldnt resolve the problem either, I leveled a character from lvl 1 to level 60 in just a few hours of crafting, and honestly it was pretty simple, after that took 2 more hours to get the character to level 80 using a chem bench crafting narco and making large crop plots. Far as duping, that would only resolve one method, not all of them.  No transfers isn't a solution, at first it may slow the problem but in the long run it wouldn't fix anything.

18 hours ago, caleb68 said:

that was a serious question, if its a simple solution to resolve it, and you know the answer to it please share.

that would be a creative solution for reporting / capturing people meshing, especially if it logged the username / tribename of the detected mesher, but wouldn't resolve it.  I thought that perhaps changing it so that turrets could shoot through the actual ground  mesh, but not item meshes could be a possible fix but thinking about that more decided that would be exploited by people as well to cause even more issues.

Look they are the professionals and they have all the tools at there disposal. Just because I can't tell them how to fix it does not mean it can't be done. 

I was going to mention kill zones if no one else did. I'm not experienced in meshing, so I dont know how it works from the exploiters perspective. But the idea pinging around in my head right now is something like how lava works right now. In ragnarok we have these flowing lava rivers/falls that change elevation, some sort of invisible kill barrier could work on the same mechanic?

I don't know if it would work, but it would be very time consuming to set that up on every map, especially valguero. Theres just so many different cliffs and areas that would need to be tested so nobody gets killed by a barrier unfairly.

I mean a community made mesh detection and prevention system was developed tested and confirmed to be working, it was implemented on certain unofficial servers and to date I have not heard or read any more issues on those servers with meshing.

At the time Wildcard said they would have a look at it but that they were already working on their own version of an antimesh system, and at the time (over a month ago) they said they were testing it for false positives. again (over a month ago) Then they just stopped saying anything about it. They pretty much refused peoples requests and inquiries about just implementing the community made system on official servers. I can understand why as it isn't something they developed and so they would need caution and to thoroughly test it themselves, but they didnt even do that, they just flat out rejected it and opted for continuing development on their own anti mesh system... and look how well that has been working -_-. Perhaps it was more a move to save face rather than actual concern over it being community made, I mean an issue they have had and have been "working on" for years was resolved by one guy in his free time. From the looks of it the community one is working as it should and has effectively stopped meshing on the servers it was implemented on, I don't know this for sure however as I don't play on those servers but I havent seen anymore mesh related issues being discussed around those serves. Wildcards fix... well I still see people saying they are getting meshed on the forums

So yeah I don't know why they are so opposed to community made fixes when they are proven to work. It almost starts to look as if WC are intentionally keeping meshing alive on official servers. I'm not saying that this is the case I am simply stating how it can look from a players perspective. You reject a fix that works in order to implement your own version but then your own version is proven to not work and instead of looking more into the community made solution you just ignore it and continue to "work" on your own non working solution which clearly doesnt work... Either is comes across as suspicious or like WC are too proud to use community made solutions to their problems ?. It's like you get bitten by a snake and someone hands you a cure to the venom, but instead you get all offended that they made a cure and so throw it on the ground, you then proceed to urinate in a cup and drink it, telling the other person that your cure is better. then you smile smugly at him as your internal organs begin to shut down.... 

Maybe our approach to asking for a fix is all wrong.

I have a feeling that if we as a community stated we were willing to pay for a mesh fix patch, almost as if it were some kind of paid DLC, that there would be a working solution in place by tomorrow morning already.

Entire staff resources would be devoted to this and they would solve it in record breaking time :D 

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I have a feeling that if we as a community stated we were willing to pay for a mesh fix patch, almost as if it were some kind of paid DLC, that there would be a working solution in place by tomorrow morning already.

Entire staff resources would be devoted to this and they would solve it in record breaking time :D 

You've cracked the code of capitalism, Let's get rich.

So I don't have a link for it, I know that the guy who developed it was working with Nick from NerdParade and that the NerdParade servers were some of the ones it was first implemented and tested on.

I will try see if I can find any information about the developer and then PM it to you so that maybe you can get in touch with him.

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Feel free to send in a donation, but I'm not spending a dime on dev time to fix problems that don't affect me.

I just don't understand why such a slow to almost zero action to help I'd rather be saying positive things about the devs and there support for all but instead A lack of doing anything is as bad as the people meshing and duping. Suggestions have been made and ignored they prefer poison then a antidote. I thought as soon as duping came back they would shut transfers down like last time not permanently but for a while. All dinos have a code if there is more then one then they are duplicated. Yes cloning is a thing but a extra digit on cloning code for dinos would solve it. People are so confident that wc will do nothing that they openly admit you have to dupe and mesh to survive. A wc secret shopper could find dumpers easy.  

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

Archived