Raiding needs to be harder

Destrian

Suggestion

Raiding needs to be harder

Here's the main problem. Turrets are fine, and the cap of 100 turrets sound reasonable, but turrets were designed before mutations and imprint existed. As time goes on in the server, creatures progresively get more and more mutations in HP, but turrets stay at the same flat damage. Combine that with being offline, and raiding is just braindead and it doesn't take very long to soak a decent base.

With some tweaking, this can change and making defences that last even when you're offline can be possible.

-A new turret that does %hp damage.

Whats the point of even placing turrets if ppl come at your base with 100k+hp racers who dont give a fk about ur defence? If mutations can go on forever (or at least really high), this turret can deal with that. It could be some kind of auto-ballista turret that you can load with flame arrows that do % DoT damage. Or maybe just rework heavies into making 0.1% of your max hp as bonus damage on hit and thats already a huge change.

-If everyone in the tribe is offline for 10 minutes, turrets will consume bullets x10 times slower.

A change like this would be the way to make online raiding actually worth it, without going to an extent like ORP.

I've seen other ppl suggest that structures take less damage when you're offline, but that doesn't really make sense because after you run out of bullets you're  basically done anyway. They can just wait to the moment you come online to detonate the c4.

Lets say you're an alpha tribe and looking to raid a kinda decent base that takes you 1h to soak. Are you gonna spend 10h soaking, or just go and attack when the player is online? Even if this player can't do anything about the bigger tribe, he gets the chance to at least see how they raid their base. Waking up to a bunch of tribe log messages aint fun. But the good part is that you can still raid badly designed bases even if they are offline. See a blind spot close to their turret wall? Go for it. Beer rush? Why not. Its not ORP. If you suck you will still get wiped ez.

-Make heavies cheaper

Heavies are way too overpriced for what they do. Lets say you make 2 heavies. Only in metal you already spent 1.6k ingots. And heres the fun part. You don't even need to soak this, just level movement speed and you can easily beer rush this probably even in primitive flak, which will cost you 53 ingots

I sometimes feel like in this community the solution im told is always either go unofficial or join a megatribe, when if the game changed just a little bit official could be way more enjoyable for the mid-sized tribes, or even solo players. The mega tribes are of course always going to dominate, but raiding must be a challenge, not just a braindead task. 

4 replies to this server topic

Just now, MYTVY said:

Idk about % damage turrets unless it's a fairly small amount but potentially turret quality bps and higher turret damage while offline could help making raiding harder and alleviating some of the toxicity

The problem with adding flat damage is that with cakes and the crazy amounts of hp mutations + saddles you can just have  1 dino soaking while other 4 heal up with a snow owl and just cycle between them, so basically you can soak nonstop. So at that point its all about how long does it take for the turret to empty. A fully stacked heavy can have up to 5800 bullets, but they consume 4 per shot so its 1450 shots. If the rate of fire is 2.88 shots per second, then one fully stacked heavy will only last about 8 minutes. Thats why I think slower ammo consumption is better than more damage.

4 minutes ago, Destrian said:

The problem with adding flat damage is that with cakes and the crazy amounts of hp mutations + saddles you can just have  1 dino soaking while other 4 heal up with a snow owl and just cycle between them, so basically you can soak nonstop. So at that point its all about how long does it take for the turret to empty. A fully stacked heavy can have up to 5800 bullets, but they consume 4 per shot so its 1450 shots. If the rate of fire is 2.88 shots per second, then one fully stacked heavy will only last about 8 minutes. Thats why I think slower ammo consumption is better than more damage.

Fair points

Maybe at least a warning in game say, if your turrets are going off and you are getting cp or something, you can drop what you're doing and rush back. I literally just got raided by a guy soaking my boat on a Stego while I was on another boat and I was absolutely clueless as to what was happening until my tribemember on that boat was killed. After they had already soaked the auto turrets and took the cryos. Maybe a warning like:
Your Heavy Automated Turret (number of turrets) are Firing

Archived