Ice titan tame

law086

Ice titan tame

Hey all,

I've been doing a ton of research on ice titan taming and most of the videos and info out there is a bit older where the meta of the current game might make the info less useful.

So, my question - what are the best techniques given the meta of the game today?  I've now tried the tame about 4 times.  Twice solo, twice with a tribemate... I've gotten as far as two nodes down with the one left when I gave up after around three hours. 

So far  I've tried:

- Just running around on manas

- Hiding on a cliff with sniper

- Kiting with an owl, shooting with manas / snipers / meks

- Just running around on meks and shooting

- Sitting on a quetz shooting with sniper (believe it or not, this is the method that got me two nodes destroyed) 

I also gather that when the ice titan is drawn back to the center some or all of the progress on the current node is lost, is that right?

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks! 

I tested it out on singleplayer, and was able to get 2/3 nodes down with a primitive MEK while solo.  It was very hard, lots of dodging, and the MEK was close to death so I gave up on trying to get the third down.  The MEKs I have on official are way higher HP so I believe they would work just fine to do it solo or with a tribemate.  That's what I would do, maybe one on a MEK going at nodes, and the other shooting with a sniper at the nodes.  It also doesn't seem like it matters if you deal more damage, so lower end guns work fine.  It's more a situation of total number of hits, it seems.

Thanks for the input.  I do think the mek attempt was promising, it just seems like it would take soooo long.  How long did your 2/3 effort take?  I'm trying to get the time down to like an hour or hour and a half - since the only reason I'm taking it is for the King Titan.  If the lesser titan tames lasted more than a few game days I would be more willing to do the long tame... but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how I'm going to take multiple titans and kill the king titan all before the first tamed titan starves.

I have tamed 1 alone with a high lvl mek on official server 1 time. It's hard because if you don't dodge ice attack and get frozen, you are dead ! Use the M.S.C.M module that do enough damage to break part fast if you don't miss your shoot. Bring extra elements in case you run out of ammo.

It's an really expensif tame and risky.

I have also tried to tame it on official with a tapejera tek saddle, but it's not working i destroyed 1 thing so far and wasted too much elements and time.

Edit : you can build a giant trap for make it easier but that would be expensif

Archived