question about mutations

GameFreak

14 hours ago, TheDonn said:

21/20 total, but only if the Male was 20/20 and the Female was 0/20. The baby would then have 20/20 Patrilineal and 1/20 Matrilineal for a new total of 21/20.

EDIT:  That is to say, if the Female has less than 20/20 it can still mutate the 20/20 Male's stats, while it has less than 20/20 total mutations of course.  It is pretty easy to get over 20/20 stacked up unfortunately!

The baby inherits all four sets of stats from its parents. So you’d add them up for each side of the baby. A 20/20 matrilineal and 20/20 patrilineal male would produce a 40/20 every time on the patrilineal side. 

11 hours ago, flamron said:

The baby inherits all four sets of stats from its parents. So you’d add them up for each side of the baby. A 20/20 matrilineal and 20/20 patrilineal male would produce a 40/20 every time on the patrilineal side. 

I think you meant mutations, but you said stats :P

I was less making the point that pat/mat sides are added up to represent a total for whichever side is in the pair, and more making a point about mutating beyond 20/20 on either side.  I said it that way for clarity of the explanation, nothing more.  As we know, if a parent is 20/20, 21/20, 40/20, or 10466/20, that parent can't mutate.  That was all I was trying to get across.  Anything above 20/20 is irrelevant because it leads to the same end!

On 10/3/2019 at 12:42 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I then rotated those males (which actually keeps breeding timers lower as there is a penalty when breeding the same male with the same female consecutively) whenever I bred. 

Wait,what? Breeding interval timer is totally random from 18 hours to 48 hours no matter how many times same female was mated.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:34 AM, Luewen said:

Wait,what? Breeding interval timer is totally random from 18 hours to 48 hours no matter how many times same female was mated.

This is apparently one of the newer breeding myths that's been going around lately. I've heard it from multiple people now, including a server admin. I have no idea how it started; I would guess a YTer or Twitch streamer given how widespread this belief seems to be among newer breeders.

2 hours ago, Cymas said:

This is apparently one of the newer breeding myths that's been going around lately. I've heard it from multiple people now, including a server admin. I have no idea how it started; I would guess a YTer or Twitch streamer given how widespread this belief seems to be among newer breeders.

i'd have to agree that this is a myth,  I took 6 females across the way to breed with another tribes male who had never bred with him before, all of their timers ranged from 1 day to 1 day 20 hours.   The 'additional' time seems to have nothing to do with the male they breed with, nor how frequent they have been bred as all 6 of those females hadn't been bred in months.   

Additionally I have a tapajera that's bred with the same males multiple times just for colors, and its breeding timer never changes, while another female who was bred with the same male gets a timer consisting from 1 day to 1 day 20hrs at totally random intervals.   There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the timer increasing.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

i'd have to agree that this is a myth,  I took 6 females across the way to breed with another tribes male who had never bred with him before, all of their timers ranged from 1 day to 1 day 20 hours.   The 'additional' time seems to have nothing to do with the male they breed with, nor how frequent they have been bred as all 6 of those females hadn't been bred in months.   

Additionally I have a tapajera that's bred with the same males multiple times just for colors, and its breeding timer never changes, while another female who was bred with the same male gets a timer consisting from 1 day to 1 day 20hrs at totally random intervals.   There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the timer increasing.

Then this must be the newer change because back in EA and early official release it was the alternate male timer. 

I always had lower female breed times after switching between males. I use to actually get 2 males with the same melee stat, or what have you, to keep it lower. 

Sounds like it got the chance to inherit higher stat nerf (think that was 70 to 75% percent originally and of course now it's 55%).

Archived