Disappointed

The graphics just look atrocious and are outdone by my iPad Air 2! Maybe I am missing something but why should I pay a 80$ game (nz money) and be rewarded with a game where if a dodo is 5 feet away I have squint to make it out. Please fix this! You abandoned all the players who paid for the game on the switch and gave them a patch that made everything look worse. Add a patch to optimise this! You know that when my normal ipad outdoes my gaming console something is wrong not to mention that mobile is free too. 
Please don’t leave us in the dust Wildcard

A loyal fan 

Yeah, Wild Card robbed us! The game looks like a beta test, it’s overrun with glitches and bugs, and some people can’t even progress in the game because the servers don’t work! Worse yet, while they’re dishing out cool new content exclusively for pc, Xbox, and PS4, we’re stuck hoping they even remember to patch up basic functions in the game. I would literally pay someone outside of Wildcard to fix this game because obviously Wild Card doesn’t care about us and just wanted our money. 

I feel you dude! We haven’t got a patch in a year! And the one patch we did get made the game function worse. I’m at the point where if the game looked like the mobile version I’d be happy. People say ark would never run well on the switch but it goes on just fine on the mobile version.

Functionally I have not had a huge problem with ARK on the Switch.  Things work as well as on PC ARK, which is considered to be the most up-to-date version of ARK.  I haven't found one bug that really stands out as unique on Switch ARK, and yes the load times could use some work, but it works as far as I can tell.  I've kibble and non-kibble tamed dinos, bred dinos, and have a full base setup.  I've traded stuff too, on server, with another player, and ran caves for loot.  It crashes no more or less than the PC version does.

It's just that WC, to my knowledge, isn't allowing Abstraction Games to develop it further.  Switch ARK doesn't even have the Homestead update, which is both good and bad.  The old kibble tree gives a sense of direction in taming and progressing that way, but the extra building pieces would be nice.  And the update to correctly tier Greenhouse Glass parts would be great too, because right now they have 4 day timer and 100HP.

22 hours ago, Coachbrian said:

I got a credit from nintendo to refund my physical purchase from gamestop. Be polite and be persistent, nintendo knows this is a bad game and will help you out. 

I bought mine from the source, physical, how would I go about getting a credit. also did you have to return the game to get a credit or did u get to keep it

10 hours ago, SwitchDLCpls said:

I bought mine from the source, physical, how would I go about getting a credit. also did you have to return the game to get a credit or did u get to keep it

Nintendo didn't care about my physical copy after the credit. Just call Nintendo and politely explain all of the bugs and lack of uodates/response from Wildcard. Nintendo will say they aren't responsible but they aporoved it to be sold for their system. Be persistent and definitely be polite. They'll tell you it is a one time credit but that isn't true either, I also got a credit on my physical purchase of PixArk. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, Coachbrian said:

Nintendo didn't care about my physical copy after the credit. Just call Nintendo and politely explain all of the bugs and lack of uodates/response from Wildcard. Nintendo will say they aren't responsible but they aporoved it to be sold for their system. Be persistent and definitely be polite. They'll tell you it is a one time credit but that isn't true either, I also got a credit on my physical purchase of PixArk. 

So you are telling me that I just have to contact nintendo, ask for a refund, and I still get to keep the game?? I mean honestly my only beef with the game is the lack of dlc, but if I can keep the game and still get 60 dollars Canadian credit, I will definitely do that

On October 5, 2019 at 11:12 AM, Spinosaur said:

I want my money back. I’d say we should start a petition for them to fix the game but let’s be honest, Wildcard wouldn’t even give us a glance if we did. 

Instead of starting a petition against Wildcard, you should start a petition for Nintendo to take action to get Wildcard to fix the game. WC wouldn't be able to ignore a giant like Nintendo.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:39 AM, WafflePancake said:

Instead of starting a petition against Wildcard, you should start a petition for Nintendo to take action to get Wildcard to fix the game. WC wouldn't be able to ignore a giant like Nintendo.

Genius! But there would need to be a lot of signatures. Do you think there would be enough to rally for support?

31 minutes ago, Spinosaur said:

Genius! But there would need to be a lot of signatures. Do you think there would be enough to rally for support?

Unfortunately not, and that is what would kill it.  1000 or 2000 (which feels like a high estimate) signatures on a petition wouldn't really matter to them I think.  I could be wrong, but many sensible petitions are totally ignored with far, far, far more signatures than that.

13 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Unfortunately not, and that is what would kill it.  1000 or 2000 (which feels like a high estimate) signatures on a petition wouldn't really matter to them I think.  I could be wrong, but many sensible petitions are totally ignored with far, far, far more signatures than that.

Nintendo has too many responsibilities at this time anyway, with newer, bigger titles getting releases. Besides, I don’t think anyone would care about a group demanding better graphics and dlc for a game. It sucks.

29 minutes ago, Spinosaur said:

Nintendo has too many responsibilities at this time anyway, with newer, bigger titles getting releases. Besides, I don’t think anyone would care about a group demanding better graphics and dlc for a game. It sucks.

I'm sure people from other platforms who play the game would understand your plight and sign up. I know I would.

And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't turn a complete blind eye to the petition. If done in the  right way, it might at least get them to be like "Wildcard, what the eff, man?" At least Nintendo of America anyway.

There are plenty of websites you can go to to kickstart petitions, you just need to choose the best one.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, WafflePancake said:

I'm sure people from other platforms who play the game would understand your plight and sign up. I know I would.

And I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't turn a complete blind eye to the petition. If done in the  right way, it might at least get them to be like "Wildcard, what the eff, man?" At least Nintendo of America anyway.

There are plenty of websites you can go to to kickstart petitions, you just need to choose the best one.

Maybe I will!